717 users online (91 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Allison Baden-Clay forum announcements

Threadiquette - Questions about rules welcome here

Name Variations and Name calling
    Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.
    Name calling is not allowed.

If you have any questions about what is ok to post, please ask, you can check at the bottom of the page for a Mod on this particlular forum, we are all happy to help out and answer your questions. Glad to have you all here!!!
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-21-2016 at 04:58 AM. Reason: broken link

We are going to utilize this thread for questions and concerns - mainly in the Allison Baden-Clay thread, but if you have other concerns you'd like to ask a mod about, feel free to jump in.

This thread will only be open when there is a mod that has time to monitor posts. If it is closed, check back later for when it is open again.

Cheers!

Just saw this after I posted, thank you.
    Can you tell me about how we can be discussing people by name on forums, without any arrest being made or substantiated rumours, as far as defamation goes. I can't find a straight forward answer anywhere as it applies to Australia. Thanks in anticipation.

We can't answer as to the laws of Australia, but in the U.S., it is my understanding that yes, members could very well be subject to a defamation lawsuit if a party is damaged by words they write on a public forum. Members own their words, so we always encourage our members to use caution and post responsibly.

Use your links folks! Make sure you aren't the source of rumors! :kimsterwink:

Thank you. I assumed that would be the case.

As this is an American forum...I wonder if this would be out of Australia's jurisdiction??

Would it be ok to ask Hawkins this question on main thread??

Hawkins is not a verified poster. Whatever you want to ask privately is up to you, but please do not consider any unverified poster to be a professional and post professional questions to them on the thread.

Here's the guidelines on becoming a professional poster on Websleuths:

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
    Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
    In your email please include:
    *The case
    *Your Websleuths name
    *Your real name
    *Your phone number and a good time to call
    In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.

Ok..thanks Kimster

Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-24-2016 at 05:04 AM. Reason: broken link

Hi Kimster. Just wondering... if a poster asks if they were correct in thinking another poster had mentioned something a day or two ago etc... are we allowed to confirm that we also read that? It would be too hard for us all to remember exactly who posted what and what day... just curious as some have asked for links when we are only trying to confirm that, yes, a poster did say that. Thankyou for your help
    PS: I mean the person asking for the link, isn't the person who asked someone to confirm it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by linette View Post
    Hi Kimster. Just wondering... if a poster asks if they were correct in thinking another poster had mentioned something a day or two ago etc... are we allowed to confirm that we also read that? It would be too hard for us all to remember exactly who posted what and what day... just curious as some have asked for links when we are only trying to confirm that, yes, a poster did say that. Thankyou for your help
    PS: I mean the person asking for the link, isn't the person who asked someone to confirm it in the first place.
    It really is a good idea to find the post and link to it because I've seen in Allison's case on at least 3 occasions where someone said "XYZ" said something and then XYZ comes back and says "no, I didn't say it, UVW said it!"

What I do to find someone's post is click on their name in one of their posts and go to "Find All Posts by...." and then look for the post I want to discuss.

Thankyou Kimster. What if someone isn't asking WHO actually posted it, just that it was said? Sorry, I don't mean to be a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by linette View Post
    Thankyou Kimster. What if someone isn't asking WHO actually posted it, just that it was said? Sorry, I don't mean to be a menace.
    It really depends on the topic. If someone is trying to verify a fact, it shouldn't be too hard to find a link by doing a Google or looking at this thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho....php?p=7940739

Thread will reopen in about 8 hours.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast