1200 users online (210 members and 990 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Another location I brought up was "Hookmans Bridge"

It is a bridge/wooded forest down a gravel road.
    If you travel into the forest, you will find tomb stones. It's a very old area.

And there are acres and acres, combined with water.
    Very spooky place.

It's on "Ohlenforst Road" which is located in Rayne.

You drive about a half a mile down a gravel road (that is off another field surrounding road) and you'll go over a bridge that sits above water. All around are wooded areas and it is a popular "trash dumping" area judging by the trash by the water area. But the woods go very deep.

Side view/glimpse of the drop off from the bridge and the wooded area behind it

all forests on both sides of the road.

This appears to be a trail. My guess is this area is LOADED with poison ivy. There are also horrible amounts of bugs. There are flies in that area that i haven't seen before, that resemble a bee, but they are a fly. And no, not a horse fly. So my guess is this area has insects that might tend to be in large amounts in this particular area.

View of Hookermans bridge, but then it started to rain.

View of one side of the water underneath the bridge, and all of the ways you could get through the forest through this.

Other side of the bridge.

Getting to this area, from his land in Duson, which consists of basically only backroads, and very few, if any homes.

As some of you know, Brandons road does not show up on a map.
    So this is the closeness/direction from this area to the major road that is home is right off of, Jessie B Road.

In response to the above post of Hooksmans Bridge,
    depending on what road mickey was taken on, this is how easy it would be to get to this area, directly from Brettlys home (and the surroundings street of where she could've been taken). I'd say it's a pretty straight shot. Especially if you wanted "Privacy"

It's a very pretty area actually -- sad to be viewing it with the thoughts we have to have in mind.

Thanks OceanmettheSky for these photos & maps. You posted some terrific photos to show the area. The Hookmans Bridge area certainly needs to be searched - it's isolated and vast.
    I got a chuckle of pic of dwt on the road -glad you captured that one for sure.

Agree with you Backwoods, the area is natural and pretty and it is sad we are seeing it thru the lens of what is on our mind and heart.

Thank you so much for the pictures, OceanMetTheSky!

I am quite intrigued by the mention of not one, not two but THREE burnt houses on this street. Quite a coincidence that our BSL seems to have a fire fetish. Would love to know who owns this property.

The only reason I can see one whole street being burnt out would be a major brush/forest fire in that area. Any locals recall a major brush/forest fire in the last few years?
    "Funny when you're dead how people start listenin' " The Band Perry (If I Die Young). Watch out for and listen to OUR children before its too late.

Justythoughts, thats exactly why I got the DWT in the shot Haha. That truck was sitting there for a while until the man on the bridge got in and left, or so we thought. We thought he drove away, yet when I was on my bridge, I looked down the road and saw the back of his truck that he parked a few seconds from where he was at before, just sitting there. I'd imagine it's a good thinking spot, just very creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    Thank you so much for the pictures, OceanMetTheSky!

I am quite intrigued by the mention of not one, not two but THREE burnt houses on this street. Quite a coincidence that our BSL seems to have a fire fetish. Would love to know who owns this property.

The only reason I can see one whole street being burnt out would be a major brush/forest fire in that area. Any locals recall a major brush/forest fire in the last few years?
    Bouncing off of your post Juno.....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...ed=0CAUQ8gEwAA

I googled zoomed in for Falterman Rd Duson,LA and you can see the 3 houses side by side. Is this the area you are describing OceanmettheSky? Looks like a fire to one may have spread. JMO. Whatever happened there, the area would be a good one to be searched.

look just above the 3 light colored fields for the 3 houses and doom way close.

Ocean, great job in keeping us in the loop on areas. The thank button was not enough. How incredible of you to take time out to give us all points of reference to what you know.

The locals are amazing. Sincere thanks to all of you for your unselfish efforts in bringing Mickey home.

Thank you, Ocean, and thank you to all the locals for your incredible help.

http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/s...angline-parish

They may have found her body. Please let's bring Mickey home today!

Quote Originally Posted by BringMickeyHome♥ View Post
    http://www.klfy.com/story/19218560/s...angline-parish

They may have found her body. Please let's bring Mickey home today!
    Your link has been updated. <heartbroken>

For the non-locals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3