StepMONSTER - a book by Hickory Daily Record Staff

FaerieB

Reaction score
I just finished the book "StepMONSTER - Zahra Baker: From miracle to murder at the hands of the woman she called Mom" by Richard Gould and Sarah Newell Williamson and wanted to give my opinion of it to others who suffered with Zahra's fate.

To begin with, the authors covered this case from beginning until end (the guilty plea and beyond). The book includes quotes by law enforcement before AND after the plea.

Aside from the fact that I relived the entire experience all over again (which wasn't all bad as I did recall our combined scouring of Google maps and even some adventurous expedition into the world of IMVU that brought fits of giggles) this compilation was extremely well-done, and I learned a lot more about what was going on behind the closed doors of the investigation.

I did shudder at what the police suggest happened in that house. It was always my greatest fear that Zahra was killed with her prosthetic leg, and the police believe that to be true.

Anyhow, if you're looking for a book about Zahra, this is one I highly recommend. The price was reasonable ($4.95 on my Kindle), and half of the profits are going to the Zahra Baker Scholarship.

If you've read the book, let's discuss it.

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I could stomach reading that one or not. I did follow the case and the whole thing left me feeling ill. That stepmother was and is one of the most evil persons.

I must admit it definitely tore the scab off my heart and I had to take about a week before I could even bring myself to mention it here. This case (and Caylee's) caused me to take a prolonged mental health break from all cases like it for the past year.

FaerieB: I can totally relate!

I must admit it definitely tore the scab off my heart and I had to take about a week before I could even bring myself to mention it here. This case (and Caylee's) caused me to take a prolonged mental health break from all cases like it for the past year.

I had often said throughout this case that a prosthetic is like a lethal weapon and would not be surprised if this was in fact the case.

I will definately take the time to read this. So much never came out as there was a plea deal and I am hoping some of the questions which I still have might be answered.

Thanks for posting this!! It is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you! I will be buying this book. Having gained a bit of distance over time from the horrors of this case, I look forward to reading about what was going on behind the headlines.

I can never forget little Zahra or her grin.

Thank you! I will be buying this book. Having gained a bit of distance over time from the horrors of this case, I look forward to reading about what was going on behind the headlines.

I can never forget little Zahra or her grin.
Or the bunny fingers photo...sigh.

I'm interested in the full story but not ready yet. So horrific, and let's not forget her father Adam's involvement...and Zahra's remains went to him, rather than her bio mother. Don't understand that ruling at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back