Grand Hotel Celebrates 125 years

While not, perhaps, about this Grand Hotel, I've always liked Procol Harum's 1973 song of that name; it captures the experience of staying at a fine establishment of that sort: "One more toast to greet the morn; / The wine and dine have danced till dawn."

Procol Harum, "Grand Hotel" (YouTube)

What a beautiful place. If the walls could talk, imagine the stories they could tell with that much history under the ole gal's belt.

Those who are familiar with the cult classic film, "Somewhere In Time" probably know that much of the movie was filmed on Mackinac Island and on the grounds of the Grand Hotel. There is a placque commemorating the scene at the location in the woods along the waterfront. There are some shots at the hotel and other locations around the island in this trailer from the movie: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXX9LtdxQA"]Somewhere in Time Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

There's a couple of nice shots of the Grand Hotel in this video spoof of the PureMichigan travel campaign :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5tJaRrZZMs"]Pure Michigan: Mackinac Island - YouTube[/ame]

Those who are familiar with the cult classic film, "Somewhere In Time" probably know that much of the movie was filmed on Mackinac Island and on the grounds of the Grand Hotel. There is a placque commemorating the scene at the location in the woods along the waterfront. There are some shots at the hotel and other locations around the island in this trailer from the movie: Somewhere in Time Trailer - YouTube

I knew I recognized it! I love Jane Seymour. I was an extra in a made for tv mini series with she, Hal Holbrook and Elizabeth Montgomery when I was a kid. All three were class acts. I treasure the months I was able to spend on that set and Jane and the others treated us local yokels with such respect and graciousness.

Ever since I have avidly watched all their other works and somewhere in time was a favorite of mine.

It very much looks like a place where Mark Twain would stay. As he did.

Those who are familiar with the cult classic film, "Somewhere In Time" probably know that much of the movie was filmed on Mackinac Island and on the grounds of the Grand Hotel. There is a placque commemorating the scene at the location in the woods along the waterfront. There are some shots at the hotel and other locations around the island in this trailer from the movie: Somewhere in Time Trailer - YouTube

that is my favorite movie and i love Jane Seymour!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back