1070 users online (209 members and 861 guests)  

Websleuths News

Freak huge thunderclap frightens, astonishes players, fans during Twins-Rangers tilt

'I thought Jesus was coming!' Terrifying lightning bolt sends
    Rangers and Twins players scurrying for cover during game
    (Daily Mail, w/MLB video)
    It was definitely an electrifying performance.

A lightning bolt struck the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas, sending players from the Minnesota Twins and Texas Rangers scurrying from the field for safety - with one player dropping to his knees in fright.
    ---
    'That's the loudest noise I've ever heard. I thought Jesus was comin!' tweeted Twins center fielder Denard Span on Monday.

'My heart stopped when I heard the thunder at the stadium. Glad no one heard me scream like a little girl too!!' Twins right fielder Ben Revere added on the social network.
    ---
    the rest, with pictures and the video, at DM link above

I love Ben Revere's comment! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticFringe View Post
    I love Ben Revere's comment! LOL!
    Figures that the multimillionaire players scurry while the minimum-wage ground crew has to go out and put down a tarp.

"The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing was there a
    why and a wherefore." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915, via Matthew 5:45

AP has a bit of an update, at SI.com:
    Rangers officials said the lightning struck north of stadium and didn't hit the facility. There were no reports of damage or any injuries.

I will admit to loving thunderstorms now (I used to be utterly terrified of them...then spent some time in Illinois).

I promise you, though, that I would have dropped to my knees as well, covering my head, and then run off the field too, if that happened to me.

I will say that the vid is terribly funny...and even people in the stands were throwing their arms over their heads and ducking down; it was a very loud, very close lightning strike (the lightning happens a nanosecond before the boom...you can see it if you're looking close and run the vid a time or two for the timing of it all) and deafening thunder crash.

Yeah, I'd be running too.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    When you find yourself in the position to help somebody, do not feel burdened. Rather, feel happy and blessed because God is answering that person's prayer through you. In that moment, you are God's Angel - His door to reach through and bring light to someone who is struggling in the darkness.

Be God's Light. Be God's love. Be an answered prayer. Be God's Door.