Freak huge thunderclap frightens, astonishes players, fans during Twins-Rangers tilt

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
'I thought Jesus was coming!' Terrifying lightning bolt sends
Rangers and Twins players scurrying for cover during game
(Daily Mail, w/MLB video)
It was definitely an electrifying performance.

A lightning bolt struck the Ballpark in Arlington, Texas, sending players from the Minnesota Twins and Texas Rangers scurrying from the field for safety - with one player dropping to his knees in fright.
---
'That's the loudest noise I've ever heard. I thought Jesus was comin!' tweeted Twins center fielder Denard Span on Monday.

'My heart stopped when I heard the thunder at the stadium. Glad no one heard me scream like a little girl too!!' Twins right fielder Ben Revere added on the social network.
---
the rest, with pictures and the video, at DM link above

"The rain fell alike upon the just and upon the unjust, and for nothing was there a
why and a wherefore." W. Somerset Maugham, 'Of Human Bondage', 1915, via Matthew 5:45

AP has a bit of an update, at SI.com:
Rangers officials said the lightning struck north of stadium and didn't hit the facility. There were no reports of damage or any injuries.

I will admit to loving thunderstorms now (I used to be utterly terrified of them...then spent some time in Illinois).

I promise you, though, that I would have dropped to my knees as well, covering my head, and then run off the field too, if that happened to me.

I will say that the vid is terribly funny...and even people in the stands were throwing their arms over their heads and ducking down; it was a very loud, very close lightning strike (the lightning happens a nanosecond before the boom...you can see it if you're looking close and run the vid a time or two for the timing of it all) and deafening thunder crash.

Yeah, I'd be running too.

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member