698 users online (90 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

two questions

1) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did John find the body? why didn't he let LE find it?

2) if the Ramseys killed JBR why did Patsy write such a weird, long ransom note. Everyone knows they'll compare handwriting samples....why would she write such a lengthy one

1) John was hoping LE would find the body right away, but when they didn't and it looked like they might not, he took matters into his own hands the first chance he got.

2) The ransom note was written to point the crime outside the house. If there had been no note, LE would have started looking at the parents as suspects and they would have interogated Burke extensively to find out if he knew anything.
    The length of the ransom note is consistant with Patsy's habit of overdoing everything to a point of being excessive.

do you think it was pre-meditated or accidental if patsy or burke or john did it? cuz that ransom is SO freakin weird i can't imagine a parent being able to sit down and even put words together much less a lenghty just bizarre letter.

I think all the RDI people here (except BrotherMoon) don't believe it was premeditated.

Quote Originally Posted by aRnd2it
    1) John was hoping LE would find the body right away, but when they didn't and it looked like they might not, he took matters into his own hands the first chance he got.

2) The ransom note was written to point the crime outside the house. If there had been no note, LE would have started looking at the parents as suspects and they would have interogated Burke extensively to find out if he knew anything.
    The length of the ransom note is consistant with Patsy's habit of overdoing everything to a point of being excessive.
    1. even with the note, le focused exclusively on the ramseys. first john. then patsy. the note utterly failed if it was intended to deflect attention away from the ramseys. it was a smashing success if its intent was to point away from an intruder and toward the ramseys.

2. burke was interviewed - he just didn't say what you want him to.

3. the length of the note proves nothing beyond any reasonable doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by My Take
    2. burke was interviewed - he just didn't say what you want him to.
    Burke was never interviewed as a suspect. He was allowed to walk away from the crime scene and JR stopped the only detective who wanted to talk to him before he left.

Burke was questioned later at the White's house but the crime was still a kidnapping at that time and Burke was not a suspect in that crime.

Without the ransom note, things would have been a lot different for both Burke and his parents.

as far as John finding the body...according to the Bonita papers, LE told Fleet to take John around the house looking again for stuff....right?

Burke was questioned later at the White's house but the crime was still a kidnapping at that time and Burke was not a suspect in that crime.

I have forgotten a lot about this case. Exactly what time was Burke questioned at the Whites? And, how much difference in questioning would there be? Either he was awake or he wasn't. Whether a kidnapping or a murder, wouldn't the questions still have been more or less the same?

does seem weird that Burke was woken up and just casually walked out of the house w/ some toys and never said "hey, why are all these cops here?"

why do you think the ransom note changed the way of things so much?

1. Patsy killed JonBenet. John found the body.

2. Patsy wrote the note for herself. It establishes the small foreign faction as the guilty party and sluffs off responsibility to "John", a pseudonym for God.

BB, that picture is tasteless.

I think all the RDI people here (except BrotherMoon) don't believe it was premeditated.
    That would be PDID, Patsy did it deliberately, or Patsy's disociative identity disorder.

I don't think the term premeditated is accurate. I think her thoughts were compulsive/impulsive.

but WHY would she do it?

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherMoon
    BB, that picture is tasteless.
    I find it quite amusing......

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Nah, She Didn't Do It.

We've discussed many many reasons she didn't.

Adding a new reason, she's a lot smarter than the writer of that note, who may have been practicing forgery of other peoples' handwriting and may have thought he was pretty good at it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast