1488 users online (208 members and 1280 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bennie not helpful at all

Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    I wonder if the letter that Bennie says Diane sent to him still exists and where it was postmarked from and if he ever showed the letter to her family. Obviously she did not return to her family and it's odd that he thinks she did unless the letter was postmarked from her hometown. If nobody else ever saw the letter it would be enough to make you wonder if it ever existed, however, since there is a record of her possibly receiving dental treatment after she left her husband, maybe he did receive a letter and didn't look at the postmark or keep the envelope. If any dental records can be located and matched then we can probably rule out Bennie as having anything to do with her disappearance.
    It doesn't seem as if he would be that hard to trace, especially if LE could use his SS#. Surely at some point he must have remarried, since he was so young when he married Diane. Plus, and forgive me if I missed this in the article, was she ever declared dead? If not he would have had to divorce her in order to remarry. Also I wonder why they were allowed to marry so young. I can imagine a woman of that time marrying that young but 16 seems a bit young for the man if no out-of-wedlock pregnancy was involved.
    My parents contacted Bennie, Dad even went to N.Mex to look for him and was stonewalled by his family. One would think they would try to help espically since they were cops in the area. As I wrote I've asked the police to get her ss#, don't know if they have they won't reply to me on this matter. My parents were unhappy about the pregnancy but Mom went to Calif. to sign for them to marry due to Diane being p.g. remember it was in the 50's!! The first thing the police did was send for dental records it took until 1967 to get them and that was very little.

The police now are saying how this whole case has been botched up from the beginning. Thanks for your imput.

I would like to hear more about the report that Diane or someone using her name, visited a dentist's office in California in August, 1961. How was that learned of and is there any more information about it? Were dental x-rays taken, for example, etc.

Unfortunately, family members of someone being sought are usually the least likely to provide assistance. That one or more of them were in law enforcement might make them even less likely to co-operate.

You know I have to wonder in light of the 1888 vintage firearm and the Cavalry regalia if possibly they botched the estimation of how old the bones actually were?

Diane Marie Webb has been ruled out as being https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7228

definitely botched

Quote Originally Posted by terriwhite View Post
    My parents contacted Bennie, Dad even went to N.Mex to look for him and was stonewalled by his family. One would think they would try to help espically since they were cops in the area. As I wrote I've asked the police to get her ss#, don't know if they have they won't reply to me on this matter. My parents were unhappy about the pregnancy but Mom went to Calif. to sign for them to marry due to Diane being p.g. remember it was in the 50's!! The first thing the police did was send for dental records it took until 1967 to get them and that was very little.

The police now are saying how this whole case has been botched up from the beginning. Thanks for your imput.
    I hope your family gets some news soon. And yes, this case seems terribly botched. Even in the 50s, they knew to suspect the husband, and if they never asked for the letter, then that is insane. His family members being cops in the area could imply something really bad - a cover-up.

Quote Originally Posted by terriwhite View Post
    Stella, police will not do anything until DNA comes back from new lab. I've called, emailed everything but Det. said his boss won't let him move until the report is back in May....
    You might want to contact the DAs office. This is a very old case, and the family needs some closure. The prosecutor can easily request social security information. The cops don't want to do anything because it doesn't impact them emotionally. Do you know the original investigators? Are they around? They might have more compassion and can help you get through some of the red tape.

I was hoping this would be solved.

Gone a lifetime, sister searches for Diane Marie Webb

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...1959/91980162/

Now 57 years later, Terri Whitney sits in her home office in Panguitch, Utah, where stacks of paper and folders have accumulated.

Health records. Printed emails. Family photos. Newspaper clippings. Notebooks with dozens of dates and interviews jotted down.

They are all about Diane.

Whitney, 64, was only 7 when her sister went missing, but she remembers her well. How she wore her brown hair in curls. The shades of violet in her gray eyes. A freckle on the end of her nose.

“There is still a hole missing in our lives,” Whitney said. “My desire is to bring her home. I’ve wanted it ever since I was a little girl. To make everything right."

Since 2001, Whitney has been working to solve Diane’s case.

With the help of Dr. Bruce Anderson, a forensic anthropologist with the Pima County Medical Examiner's Office, and detectives Jared D’addabbo and Stuart Somershoe of the Phoenix Police Department's Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit, Diane’s case has been been active for about five years.

“I want to find her … to have her in Arizona, buried alongside mother and father,” Whitney said.

Kind of off the subject but does anyone else on here watch Big Brother? Diane looks exactly like a 1950's version of Shelby from BBOTT...it is eerie!

We would be happy to put an episode out for your sister's case on Fading Steps Podcast to get the word out to more listeners. Keep the hope alive!

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeWillBeServed View Post
    Gone a lifetime, sister searches for Diane Marie Webb

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...1959/91980162/
    As with most of these cases, someone, somewhere, knows something.

It certainly would be nice if this family could obtain closure.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

Bump, any info?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2