Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1886

Thread: LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

  1. #1526
    Quote Originally Posted by ktgirl View Post
    Perhaps this is the unsolved murder BSL was a POI in back in 1999?

    "Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
    boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999.....

    Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
    for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said."


    This article was written when Dene Colomb was murdered (it's about unsolved murders in the area and serial killers), so BSL would have been in jail at the time....

    http://biere.louisiana.edu:2194/iw-s...&p_queryname=4
    If that link doesn't work for you, this one may:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/m/?f...me/oc58dXgNuvA


    I can't find anything else about her.
    Found underneath boards behind a house? Gulp....
    Say-D

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sayd For This Useful Post:


  3. #1527
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Houston, by way of Acadiana
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    That is a "fact" that keeps changing.

    LE says it was just like his old one... yet I keep seeing "silver truck" popping up.

    Either white or silver, but I can't tell, due to the level of rumors here.
    Someone else here pointed out in an earlier thread that it's possible that "Silverado" was mis-heard as "silver" in describing the truck.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HouDat For This Useful Post:


  5. #1528
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken fried View Post
    I saw this comment yesterday. It makes no sense to me, knowing the geography of WB. I can't make heads or tails of it.
    If this is fact, a couple of circumstances could make this possible. A fisherman could have cut himself or a fish and had trailed the blood across the bayou and headed east. Or, a fish, animal or 'something' that was bleeding could have been carried down to the water and placed within it and a predator such as a gator could have carried it towards its den.

    A few years ago a small boy had been dragged to a gators den for food. I do not recall if the boy had drown or been attacked by the gator but his remains were found near the den. Gators do not always eat their prey right away.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:


  7. #1529
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,791
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Forgive if previously posted -
    Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman
    Read more:
    http://www.kaplantoday.com/view/full...home_news_lead
    'snipped from article'

    Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish.

    Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide.

    Current Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Chief Investigator Keith Latiolais said that case remains open but unsolved and could not comment regarding any history of the investigation details.

    Investigative files on open cases are not public record. Lavergne has never been arrested on any charges in Acadia Parish, according to the criminal court record.

    Read more: VermilionToday.com - Lavergne suspect already in death of a young woman


    "Ya know, Old Steve, after almost 13 years I seriously doubt that the 1999 Acadia Parish homicide is an active open case. If it it's not considered a COLD case by now, then the Sheriff & Chief investigator needs to be put to pasture, imo".

    The honorable Sheriff & his Chief Investigator needs to understand that predators are recidivist and if not apprehended will take more innocent victims lives. Who knows, the same predator may be responsible for Mickey Schunick or others.

    I would think that they would learn a lesson from the valuable resource of the American public in the Mickey Schunick abduction/murder investigation..

    Imo, the reason that we have 100,000+ missing/murdered persons in the US today is due to the antiquated strategy of silence being employed by the Acadia Parish Sheriff's Dept. & many other LEAs across America.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  9. #1530
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by hollieberry View Post
    Not sure its been posted yet but I saw on the find Mickey now Facebook page Texas equisearch is back assisting le. Can't post link I'm on my cell

    I saw that on the Find Mickey Now FB page. It was posted about an hour and a half ago. I'm also on a cell phone and having trouble posting a link . the post did state that TES was back to look for Mickey. No additional search volunteers needed, though. TES is working with LE according to the FB post.
    Not seeking to condemn or condone...just searching for the truth.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitty Stiletto For This Useful Post:


  11. #1531
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I don't for a second buy any accident theory. The tape shows him stalking her. Why would he be going down that street?
    Why would he be risking going out drinking 30 miles from home?
    and how unlucky for him to accidently hit-- out of all other possible riders at 2 am on a Saturday night-- a beautiful young girl near a sorority on a desolate street.
    Well, I used to go out drinking an hour or more from my home and not hesitate about driving. And i know many that did and still do. I would drive all different routes through town that i thought would get me past being seen by police. Sadly, I used to drive home quite drunk at times. Luckily I have become a wiser person or I could have run over someone like Mickey. Drunk driving does not segregate its victims by race, religion, sex or attractiveness.

    There is no video of Brandon stalking anyone. There is video that shows that he traveled on the same streets as Mickey and that he was within a minute behind her at the gas station.

    We do not know why he was out that night, why he drove that route or in what frame of mind he was in.

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:


  13. #1532
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I don't think there is solid evidence. But according to some family members, they suspected that he was the one who burned down TWO of the family homes. It is pretty unusual to have one family lose two homes to arson.
    Were these verified family members of just some poster online?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:


  15. #1533
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    central Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,807
    Quote Originally Posted by aviatrix View Post
    can someone refresh my memory as to what day he was seen in the hospital and which hospital that they said they could not perform surgery on him because of poison ivy? I have had poison ivy many times, but it generally was about 48 hours before it was noticeable. I am thinking that he said poison ivy because he had a very red rash and I am thinking that probably was from mace. But depending on when this incident occurred, he could have burned the body in deep woods and contacted poison ivy either from vines or from actually burning some. However, if it was on his hands, I vote for actual contact with the stuff. Generally I have seen poison ivy reaction on the face (which makes the eyes swell so bad they almost close).
    It was "rumor" type information, which I did not post -- I was only commenting on comments made about it already. We can't discuss it anymore, because it's rumor.
    Last edited by Backwoods; 07-14-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: removed "extra" quoted post that was not supposed to be there!?

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Backwoods For This Useful Post:


  17. #1534
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    yes and slashes would be consistent with a boxcutter. i'm not sure why boxcutters would be carried for self defense??? wish she had something more substantial and she may have been find today. if she had they opportunity to stab him 4 times with a real knife especially in the areas like neck, chest and back, he probably would have been too injured to do all that he did

    i'm just now catching up in the thread and i had such a sense of pride that mickey was able to cause him such injury. way to go girl!
    I have carried a mini box cutter for years in my purse or pocket. I chose it over a knife because if the razor blade-like sharpness. I feel I have a better chance at getting in a few good deep and sharp lacerations than a good stab. A stab takes more force and you get less stabs per minute!

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:


  19. #1535
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    Were these verified family members of just some poster online?
    I think it has been verified that two of his family homes have burned to the ground. That part is factual.

    I guess it is just rumor that he was suspected by some of being the one who torched them.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  21. #1536
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    If they are back it sure sounds like thy have an area pinned down.
    Maybe they were able to track his movements by GPS/OnStar.

    Based on his MO alone I really think he took her back to
    his place. Where ever he was just prior to going to the hospital
    and shortly after he returned is where she is.

    imo
    I had the opportunity last night to speak with someone in an online chat about their family member that was a serial rapist/murderer. This man half-hazardly placed the body several yards off the roadside within a mile of his home. It was not hidden or concealed. It looked dumped. He did not choose this spot or any reason other than convenience as he was on his way home.

    This leads me to believe not all killers put a lot of consideration in where the body is left. This man was questioned by police because he had been seen in the same bar as the victim was last seen and because his residence was right there. He was never convicted as it was circumstantial.

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:


  23. #1537
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,773
    A salesman in a knife store once told me an apple corer will do more damage than a knife sometimes. Apple Corers have a point and a jagged blade on both sides.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:


  25. #1538
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,791
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    Well, I used to go out drinking an hour or more from my home and not hesitate about driving. And i know many that did and still do. I would drive all different routes through town that i thought would get me past being seen by police. Sadly, I used to drive home quite drunk at times. Luckily I have become a wiser person or I could have run over someone like Mickey. Drunk driving does not segregate its victims by race, religion, sex or attractiveness.

    There is no video of Brandon stalking anyone. There is video that shows that he traveled on the same streets as Mickey and that he was within a minute behind her at the gas station.

    We do not know why he was out that night, why he drove that route or in what frame of mind he was in.
    I guess one of my main reasons for not believing he just hit her in a drunken accident is the way the damage is described. LE believed he bumped her lightly from behind, and bent her rear rim. That does not sound like a drunken hit to me. If he was drunk and hit her by accident, I imagine it would be more of a side ways brush or a full on run over, not a perfect bump from behind. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:


  27. #1539
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    27
    I don't get the "poison ivy" thing because it's a HIPPA violation for a hospital to give out this info about him. Unless it came from a family member, this story about not being able to perform surgery has to be false. (unless a healthcare worker violated his rights and spilled the beans)
    Sounds fishy to me.
    "Remember what you were saying about people in the 'burbs, Art, people like Skip, people who mow their lawn for the 800th time, and then SNAP? WELL, THAT'S US. IT'S NOT THEM, THAT'S US. WE'RE the ones who are vaulting over the fences, and peeking in through people's windows. We're the ones who are THROWING GARBAGE IN THE STREET, AND LIGHTING FIRES. WE'RE THE ONES WHO ARE ACTING SUSPICIOUS AND PARANOID, ART. WE'RE THE LUNATICS. US. IT'S NOT THEM. It's us." -Ray Peterson, The Burbs

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ana Banana For This Useful Post:


  29. #1540
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I guess one of my main reasons for not believing he just hit her in a drunken accident is the way the damage is described. LE believed he bumped her lightly from behind, and bent her rear rim. That does not sound like a drunken hit to me. If he was drunk and hit her by accident, I imagine it would be more of a side ways brush or a full on run over, not a perfect bump from behind. JMO
    I don't doubt what you say here but I have never heard or read where the police considered this to be a light bump from behind or a perfect bump. But if you have this link I would love to read it. I have saved e dry picture and every link for my own personal recollection and have not seen this.

    I have read that the damage to the bike is consistent to being hit from behind by a vehicle. I have alo read from a less reliable news article that it was described as major damage to the rear rim, wheel and tire. This is within the media links.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:


  31. #1541
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    I had the opportunity last night to speak with someone in an online chat about their family member that was a serial rapist/murderer. This man half-hazardly placed the body several yards off the roadside within a mile of his home. It was not hidden or concealed. It looked dumped. He did not choose this spot or any reason other than convenience as he was on his way home.

    This leads me to believe not all killers put a lot of consideration in where the body is left. This man was questioned by police because he had been seen in the same bar as the victim was last seen and because his residence was right there. He was never convicted as it was circumstantial.
    Interesting Read...
    The Profile of a Violent Serial Offender

    Often they don't have the nerve to kill the person they're really angry with, so they kill others

    Don't kill on impulse. Think long and hard about what they're doing. It's the most important thing in their lives and they want to get it right.

    Killers who take the time to dispose of the body well, such as in a river, are often older.


    If organized-
    Plans crime, and targets a stranger. Likes to maintain control over everything

    If disorganized-
    Murder is spontaneous and usually of someone he knows, or in a place he knows.
    Crime scene is sloppy - body left where it fell

    http://www.mitchpileggi.net/Deep_Bac...s/forpsych.htm

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  33. #1542
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,038
    Supposing he hit her by accident? How does that turn into an apparent battle for her life, complete with wounds? If he was really so worried about getting into trouble, he would have either fled the scene and left her there, or dropped her anonymously at/near a hospital, IMO.

    Why is being taken almost for granted that he was drunk? Has there been an indication that he has a drinking problem?

    I just can't make the accident scenario work, other than perhaps he hit her harder than he planned.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  35. #1543
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by acadian View Post
    ...maybe they found HIS blood on the bike.
    YES, probably so! If he picked the bike up to dispose of it his injured finger could have left blood evidence. Wouldn't he have thought of that though?? As far as I can remember many news outlets reported the bike "partly submerged" there was mention of trash piles because of WB's reputation as a dump site, but I haven't read a single report alleging the bike placed in the garbage piles. Someone please post a link to support the bike NOT being found in water. I sure it was reported "partly submerged." And that would probably lead him to believe prints and DNA might wash away if the bike were found. Seems pretty dumb to touch the bike with your bare bloody hand and toss it into a pile of trash...

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Qpalz For This Useful Post:


  37. #1544
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Houston via Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Has LE said they placed his truck at WB or they placed him at WB?
    Both. Check the timeline and media thread for the press conference, q&a and mouton radio interview. I'm on my phone otherwise I would link you.

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:


  39. #1545
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,038
    Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    Both. Check the timeline and media thread for the press conference, q&a and mouton radio interview. I'm on my phone otherwise I would link you.
    Thanks, someone else posted a link for me.

    I am so relieved to hear this, as some posters were saying that he could say he was not driving his truck that night, for example, so am very happy to know he left a trace of himself there, hopefully on the bike. Explain that, defense attorney, in a way any sane person will believe. Oh you found a damaged bike in the road and decided it needed to be placed in WB?? Or did he just stop at WB to relieve himself and happen to do so on Mickey's bike? Yeah right.
    Last edited by cluciano63; 07-14-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  41. #1546
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Supposing he hit her by accident? How does that turn into an apparent battle for her life, complete with wounds? If he was really so worried about getting into trouble, he would have either fled the scene and left her there, or dropped her anonymously at/near a hospital, IMO.

    Why is being taken almost for granted that he was drunk? Has there been an indication that he has a drinking problem?

    I just can't make the accident scenario work, other than perhaps he hit her harder than he planned.
    Me either. I think he planned it out and was "trolling" for a victim.
    (was he in the area because he knew a girl would be some where on a bike alone at that hour) probaby...
    Had he not ended up on camera or getting stabbed, he might have gotten away with it!
    ~moo
    This article mentions a stressful "event" triggering them...
    http://policelink.monster.com/traini...nder-profiling

  42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  43. #1547
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette,LA
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think it has been verified that two of his family homes have burned to the ground. That part is factual.


    I guess it is just rumor that he was suspected by some of being the one who torched them.
    Thanks for your reply.


    I saw an article where a neighbor said his dads house burned down.

    I never saw a family member here who was verified state 2 of his houses burned down.

    Truth has a way of getting stretched sometimes and the more it is passed around the more the actual story gets changed. I have witnessed it here several times.

  44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:


  45. #1548
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Supposing he hit her by accident? How does that turn into an apparent battle for her life, complete with wounds? If he was really so worried about getting into trouble, he would have either fled the scene and left her there, or dropped her anonymously at/near a hospital, IMO.

    Why is being taken almost for granted that he was drunk? Has there been an indication that he has a drinking problem?

    I just can't make the accident scenario work, other than perhaps he hit her harder than he planned.
    It makes no sense to me, either Clu and Katy.

    There have been no previous reports of him drinking, right?
    There is at least one previous report of him being a sex offender.
    There is another report of him acting violently toward a woman (his ex).

    I also don't understand the point of suggesting it was an accident in the first place.

    I am confident LE in this case knows enough to know that it was not an accident, and it was first degree murder. That is what they are charging him with. They have all of the evidence.

    (This is my second, but final post on the subject of an accident.) I am here in the hopes of somehow helping find MS.

  46. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:


  47. #1549
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Oh I didn't know Texas Equusearch is searching again...yeah if they are there with the police, then I'm sure they have a strong lead to suspect MS is around that area. Please bring her home

  48. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  49. #1550
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Supposing he hit her by accident? How does that turn into an apparent battle for her life, complete with wounds? If he was really so worried about getting into trouble, he would have either fled the scene and left her there, or dropped her anonymously at/near a hospital, IMO.

    Why is being taken almost for granted that he was drunk? Has there been an indication that he has a drinking problem?

    I just can't make the accident scenario work, other than perhaps he hit her harder than he planned.
    Supposing that it may have been an accident..

    We don't know there was a battle for life. Someone stabbed Brandon but that could have been Mickey, a stranger or self-inflicted.

    You would think he would have just taken off and left her there but he may have gotten out to see what he hit and knew she coud identify him.

    I have not read anything about him having a drinking problem or being a casual drinker. It just seems possible being that he was out at that time driving. You just don't see a lot of Sunday drivers out at 2am.

    Of course, that's a good time for a predator to look for a victim that may be inebriated too. So many plausible explanations for both sides.

  50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:


Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 2034
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
  2. LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1834
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 01:19 PM
  3. ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32
    By SoSueMe in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1505
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM
  4. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1445
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 08:58 PM
  5. LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 641
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 09:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •