Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If he really did rent a car in Spring, then he couldn't have been trying to hide the fact that he had been there. Wasn't it in TX that he reported his truck had been stolen, or was the report there just referencing that it had been reported stolen when it was found burned?

Wondering if he said it was stolen from TX or from LA; do we know?
    He stated it was stolen in TX.

- Mickey abducted from Lafayette.
    - Bike found at Whiskey Bay. 27 miles from abduction site.
    - BSL placed in NOLA area at Ochsner. ~135 miles from abduction site.
    - Truck reported stolen in Montgomery County, TX and found burned in San Jacinto County, TX. ~ 210 miles from abduction site, and ~340 miles from Ochsner.

This guy was all over the place covering this up. He needs to talk, or we need to cross our fingers his GPS and/or cell phone really was working and tracking his every move, or we need to get really lucky, or we're not going to find her.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fleurdenola For This Useful Post:

I would also like to say, I live in conroe, Tx off of hwy-45 about 30-45 min north from huntsville, an hour from the location he torched his truck and about 20 min from spring tx where his family is said to live. We have ALOT of under devolped land all around where he torched his truck, I think he knew that and thats why he went north form montgomery county. I want to help anyway I can from this end? What could I be doing? Any suggestions?

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ms.Jules For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    Ochsner is in Jefferson just across the parish line from Orleans, which might explain why both NOPD and the JP's were called,
    No, yeah, I got that. What confuses me is why NOPD was there first? JPSO has always been way more responsive and speedy in dealing with incidents. NOPD, not so much.

So, were they called first? Were they already there? Was JPSO tied up elsewhere? Why was there a 2 hour time frame in which NOPD was interviewing BSL, and JPSO wasn't even on Ochsner property yet?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleurdenola For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    Does anyone have an educated guess on about when LE will release some of their evidence? For example, how can they place BSL in WB? What evidence was recovered from the bike, surely the lab reports have been completed by now, right? What incriminating footage was recovered from The Advertiser's camera and how can they indentify his truck on City Hall's cameras? Also, does anyone have a clue why it would have taken The Advertiser so long to release their footage when they insisted that every business review their footage for that night so long ago? These are just a few of my questions about this whole ordeal.
    Majority of what they have will not be made public until the trial. They are goign to release things like him being in NOLA and TX because it opens up to more tips come in, but, as far as what they know and the proof, they will keep that as tight as possible until trial.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redtoedfrog For This Useful Post:

Assuming his truck wasn't really stolen...I doubt he would bring Mickey to the place where he was going to claim it was stolen. No, she must be in LA, not far from the general abduction area, IMO, within 20 miles or so.
    Just my opinion, of course.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justwannahelp View Post
    i'm thinking they won't release anything until the trial. they don't want the defense to know how to and what to prepare for.

i too wonder about the advertiser's footage being viewed so late. it's possible that with less people on staff they put off reviewing their cameras? I don't think Bertrand was on Mickey's bike route, so maybe they didn't think it was THAT important. it's a shame, but you know how work is. everyone always has plenty to do, so it was probably a matter of who is going to find the time to review video all day. maybe the tech guy was on vacation for a week or so and this "chore" was added to his pile of work when he got back?? just speculating.
    I'm pretty sure that all evidence must be released to the defense before the trial, but I'm not sure exactly how long before the trial they are required to. Many guilty suspects have had their convictions overturned due to a faulty prosecution withholding evidence.

I just think it is baffling about the advertiser however... Here they are, demanding all local businesses to review footage of that night. All the while they possess the "key" footage to BSL's arrest. Not to mention, how strenuous all the local media teams were on LE and our search efforts early on. I suppose that we should be thankful that they found the footage nonetheless.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billiam For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
    Does anyone have an educated guess on about when LE will release some of their evidence? For example, how can they place BSL in WB? What evidence was recovered from the bike, surely the lab reports have been completed by now, right? What incriminating footage was recovered from The Advertiser's camera and how can they indentify his truck on City Hall's cameras? Also, does anyone have a clue why it would have taken The Advertiser so long to release their footage when they insisted that every business review their footage for that night so long ago? These are just a few of my questions about this whole ordeal.
    I would imagine the forensics on that bike came back awhile ago,...I don't know. As for releasing video footage, this is upsetting to me. I remember Mickey's father talking about this. Because she went missing on a friday night/early saturday am, the weekend followed and business owners did not review any video til after the weekend.
    In Mickey's father's words, "That gave whoever took her a two-day head start."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Londonrraine For This Useful Post:

i'm thinking they won't release anything until the trial. they don't want the defense to know how to and what to prepare for.

i too wonder about the advertiser's footage being viewed so late. it's possible that with less people on staff they put off reviewing their cameras? I don't think Bertrand was on Mickey's bike route, so maybe they didn't think it was THAT important. it's a shame, but you know how work is. everyone always has plenty to do, so it was probably a matter of who is going to find the time to review video all day. maybe the tech guy was on vacation for a week or so and this "chore" was added to his pile of work when he got back?? just speculating.
    I was not really too involved in the DWT discussions, so the footage part of the boards is a little harder for me to remember. I really need to do a refresher on those articles. Anyway, I wondered if the delay had something to do with a legal issue. LE had a timeframe they were looking for and most cameras you can turn/rewind it to the time you want to start at. I can't imagine that it would have taken anyone a LONG time. Now, to tie the truck all by itself from that night, trying to pinpoint just exactly what time he might have come through there would have taken a longer time. They could have been looking for identifying information and wanted to look more thoroughly and finally found what they needed.

I am just thankful those cameras were all there. Regardless of anything, the confusion of the cars/trucks, it did give them a starting point. Which helped bring us to today, with a suspect arrested for it.

Kelly

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

The prosecution is actually required to give any evidence they have over to the defense prior to trial.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Hmm... I was thinking it's the time he was attacked?
    Begin time 3:00 End time 3:30?
    Looks like it might have been typed up on 5/20/2012 at 7:07pm?
    That's true, but the time of BSL's arrival at Ochsner doesn't jive with the news reports that said he "showed up" around 11pm.

10:14 -- JPSO gets the call
    10:16 -- Call is dispatched to the responding officer, JP146
    10:51 -- JP146 advises JP184 that BSL is uncooperative

10:16-10:51 -- JP146 arrives at Ochsner. Security personnel tell him NOPD has just finished up with BSL. During the same time frame, BSL tells the officer NOPD interviewed him for two hours. That puts NOPD there at approximately 8:15-8:45. BSL would have arrived at Ochsner no later than about 8:00 p.m. That's three hours earlier that what the media reported.

Now if we could only get a copy of the NOPD report.

http://klfy.images.worldnow.com/imag...rimeReport.pdf

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    The more I think about it I wonder if he went straight to TX from the ER? ~and didn't return until he rented the car to drive back in??
    1 cop could have run his tag pulled him over and seen the interior
    He filed to have his RSO removed... he was hoping that would happen before he ever had to explain that his truck was stolen IN TX! and that he'd bought a new one and not advised them.
    Was trying to date a hair dresser in TX??? The day he got back!
    Sure doesn't sound like he was headed home anytime soon... he was probably planning on shacking up/hiding out with her for awhile... he knew LE was hot on his tail! And he VERIFIED that she didn't have a "boyfriend" ~ he was hatching plans with all the calls and messages to her.

“He said, ‘I’ll call you in two weeks when I get back in. Maybe we can do something.’ Well, the day he was expected to come back was the day he got arrested.”

“He sat in my chair and he was like, ‘have you and that guy ever tried working it out?’ I said, ‘No.’ He said well I find it very funny a pretty girl like you is still single and he kept going on and on and on.”
    http://www.theind.com/news/10922-cro...-wound-on-neck

I know neighbors did see him at his home at some point... but I bet it was only when he had the red car and or silver truck.
    He went to church for an alibi as well IMO... wonder if he was driving the red car then???
    the hairdresser was at the salon of the Crowley, LA Wal-Mart. Crowley is near Rayne - West of his home in Churchpoint/Swords/Latwell

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justwannahelp For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    I thought about this a while back but have not come across any other missing persons in the area.
    What geographical radius for "area" are you using, and what dates, because the person may not have been reported missing (if at all), until sometime after May 19th?

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdenola View Post
    No, yeah, I got that. What confuses me is why NOPD was there first? JPSO has always been way more responsive and speedy in dealing with incidents. NOPD, not so much.

So, were they called first? Were they already there? Was JPSO tied up elsewhere? Why was there a 2 hour time frame in which NOPD was interviewing BSL, and JPSO wasn't even on Ochsner property yet?
    Maybe because something BSL said led the hospital staff to believe he had been assaulted in Orleans Parish. Just a guess.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SLBG View Post
    May 26, 2012: BSL reports his truck as stolen in Montgomery County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL’s truck is found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

May 31, 2012: BSL files motion to be removed from the sex offender registry. Hearing is scheduled for August 9th.

May 31, 2012, 9:51 a.m.: BSL rents a red Chevrolet Aveo in Spring, TX, through an insurance claim on said stolen truck.
    BSL did an AWFUL lot of things on on May 31, 2012.

Is there a sticky for the known dates and facts to date?

ETA: Megsy's Timeline:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8129931&postcount=64"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What geographical radius for "area" are you using, and what dates, because the person may not have been reported missing (if at all), until sometime after May 19th?
    This could fit with the theory out there that he had a helper in all this. Someone who had a conscience and didn't realize til too late and tried to change the outcome. It could be anyone from anywhere he travels too.

But, someone/something sure stabbed him.

Kelly

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momof7 For This Useful Post:

Page 62 of 126 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast