Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576
Results 1,876 to 1,886 of 1886

Thread: LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    That's odd- it works for me.

But here is another link-maybe this will work for you.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

hth
    To clarify, this is a link to a comment, not the link in question. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    This is a very interesting article about a serial rapist from New Orleans that targeted blonde women.

Interesting to see it all come together.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...-blonde-201012
    -----------------------
    Thank you so much for this. I did know about the central case that is being discussed in the article, because I had seen a crime investigation program about it.

This is the part I didn't know about, also bolding below something new I have learned:

Three More Hits
    Brennan never doubted that Jones was a rapist, and given what he had observed, first on the surveillance video and then after meeting him in person, he was convinced that sexual assault was Jones’s pastime.

“This ain’t a one-****ing-time deal,” Brennan told Foote. “I’m telling you, this is this guy’s thing. He’s got a job that sends him all over the country. Watch him on that video. He’s slick. Nonchalant. He’s too cool, too calm. You’ll see it when you put his DNA into the system.”

The “system” is the Combined DNA Index System (CODIS). The F.B.I.-administered database now has well over eight million DNA offender profiles. Local, state, and federal law-enforcement officials routinely enter DNA samples recovered from convicts and from the scenes and victims of unsolved crimes, and over the years the system has electronically matched more than 100,000 of them, often reaching across surprising distances in place and time. It means that when a DNA sample exists a case can never be classified as entirely “cold.”

Michael Lee Jones had left a trail. The Miami-Dade police entered Jones’s DNA into CODIS in late 2006, and several months later, which is how long it takes the F.B.I. to double-check matches the system finds electronically, three new hits came up.Detective Terry Thrumston, of the Colorado Springs Police Department sex-crimes unit, had a rape-and-assault case that had been bugging her for more than a year. The victim was a blond-haired, blue-eyed woman who had been picked up early in the morning on December 1, 2005, by a stranger—a very large black man with glasses, who had offered her a ride and then talked his way into her apartment and raped her, holding his hand tightly over her mouth. Thrumston had no leads, and the case had sat for two years until DNA collected from the victim matched that of Michael Lee Jones.

There were two victims in New Orleans. One of them, also a blonde, had been partying in the French Quarter a little too hard, by her own admission, and very early on the morning of May 5, 2003, she had gone looking for a cab back to her hotel when a very large black man with glasses pulled his car over to the curb and offered her a ride. As she later testified, he drove her to a weedy lot and raped her. He pressed his large hand powerfully over her face as he attacked her, and she testified that she bit his palm so hard that she had bits of his skin in her teeth afterward. When he was finished, he drove off, leaving her on the lot. She reported the rape to the New Orleans police, who filed her account and took DNA samples from the rapist’s semen. The case had sat until CODIS matched the specimen with Michael Lee Jones. The other New Orleans victim told a similar tale, but failed to pick Jones’s face out of a photo lineup.

Jones, it turns out, had been in both Colorado Springs and New Orleans on the dates in question. So in 2008, as his Florida sentence drew to a close, he was flown to Colorado Springs to stand trial. It was a novel prosecution, because the Colorado woman had died in the interim, of causes unrelated to the crime. As a result, Deputy District Attorney Brien Cecil had no victim to put on the stand. Instead he fashioned a case out of two of the other rapes, calling as witnesses the Miami victim and one of the New Orleans victims, both of whom supplemented the DNA evidence by pointing out Jones as their attacker in the courtroom. Cecil argued that their cases showed a “common plan, scheme, or design” that was as much Jones’s signature as his trail of semen.

The New Orleans victim proved to be a very effective witness. Her memory was clear and her statements emphatic, the outrage still evident six years later, along with her chagrin at the poor judgment she had displayed that night.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    I'm looking for facts, not comments.

Thanks.

Yes, but they were directing you to the posts of Someguy who is a verified insider on this case; meaning what he says is to be considered fact, the same as any MSM reports.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AndiLA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jkg005 View Post
    I am totally confused about this as well wish someone could clarify. According to obituary it is Mr. Lavergne (his step-father that died). I appears there may be a birth father, adoptive father and a step-father. IMO
    Me too.

Good morning, all. New thread coming soon.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

It appears that Brandon Scott Lavergne is withholding information about Mickey's location as a bargaining chip to save his own skin. IMO

Don't let this monster get the chance to prolong the agony of her parents and loved ones who deserve to have her back home NOW.

I'm begging anyone who may stumble upon this post, who knows where Tom and Nancy's beautiful daughter is, to please say something now directly to:

Lafayette Police at 337-291-8633 or contact Private Investigator John Abdella at 337-235-0270. You can also email findmickeyshunick@yahoo.com.

"It's been very frustrating for us, because we don't know where she is, and he does," said Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft. "We were hoping that maybe he would at least have enough kindness or sympathy to give the parents and the family some relief or some closure about what happened to their little girl and where she is. I call it selfish on his part. We're not giving up. We promised to continue our efforts to bring her home, and that's what we're doing."

BBM
    http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/2...WS01/120715001

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mamacat For This Useful Post:

I just read an article from today in the Daily Advertiser that BSL went to chruch in Crowley on June 4th. Isn't this the same day he purchased his new truck? It is a Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by AndiLA View Post
    Yes, but they were directing you to the posts of Someguy who is a verified insider on this case; meaning what he says is to be considered fact, the same as any MSM reports.
    Let's get straight. "someguy" posted a comment.

That's great. Not my question.

I' looking for link to the facts regarding BSL Father.

Not comments............ facts.

Got a factual link? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
    To clarify, this is a link to a comment, not the link in question. Thanks.

Please give it as much weight as you choose and then drop it. The poster is verified .

Last edited by bessie; 07-30-2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: repaired link

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    I just read an article from today in the Daily Advertiser that BSL went to chruch in Crowley on June 4th. Isn't this the same day he purchased his new truck? It is a Monday.
    I think that date is wrong (the 4th). I've seen the 3rd and that's what I have in the timeline.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:

Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 266667686970717273747576