789 users online (133 members and 656 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Woman kept boyfriend's body for 18 mo. 'so she had someone to watch NASCAR with'

Quite sad really.

Woman kept dead boyfriend's body in her house for
    18 months 'so she had someone to watch NASCAR with'
    (Daily Mail
    ---
    Linda Chase, 72, [of Jackson MI], said she kept the remains of Charles Zigler clean and dressed.

She often talked to the body, especially when she watched auto racing.

'It’s not that I’m heartless... I didn’t want to be alone. He was the only guy who was ever nice to me,' Ms Chase said.
    ---
    the rest at link above

wow. The things loneliness will drive people to. This story makes me sad
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Nascar, my ***. This guy was receiving social security, pension checks and veteran benefits. So since he wasn't reported dead, where did all this money go?

"Wally Zigler, 48, said his father worked in a machine shop and received Social Security, pension checks and veteran benefits. He said he tried to see his dad, but Chase wouldn't let him in the house."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...atched-nascar/
    Just my opinion

Something is very wrong in that family. Very sad case
    England's dancing days are done...

Very strange story!

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Very "A Rose for Emily." Well, sort of. "A Rose for Emily" stripped of the backdrop of the antebellum South.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Very "A Rose for Emily." Well, sort of. "A Rose for Emily" stripped of the backdrop of the antebellum South.
    One of my favorite short stories!

I may be lambasted here, but I don't think this woman's motive for not reporting the death is strictly a financial one. If I want to pretend my BF is still alive so I can continue to collect his SSI checks, all I need do is bury the fella in the backyard or otherwise keep the body hidden away somewhere.

This woman cleaned and dressed this body and kept it in her home watching tv with it and such. None of that is needed to carry out a financial fraud with his benefits.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Color me macabre, but that was my favorite Faulkner. Maybe I just read it too many times in college English??

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Color me macabre, but that was my favorite Faulkner. Maybe I just read it too many times in college English??
    Yep. Have taught that a boggling number of times: "When Miss Emily Grierson died...."
    They rose when she entered--a small, fat woman in black, with a thin gold chain descending to her waist and vanishing into her belt, leaning on an ebony cane with a tarnished gold head. Her skeleton was small and spare; perhaps that was why what would have been merely plumpness in another was obesity in her. She looked bloated, like a body long submerged in motionless water, and of that pallid hue. Her eyes, lost in the fatty ridges of her face, looked like two small pieces of coal pressed into a lump of dough as they moved from one face to another while the visitors stated their errand.
    Southern Gothic.

Me too!!!

Can I say how thrilled it made me to find other fans? Few people ever get the reference, and, after I explain, well..... I know you all know! How cool is that?

All kinds of hugs!

ROSIE

Yep. Have taught that a boggling number of times: "When Miss Emily Grierson died...."

Southern Gothic.
    That story (and this one) is the perfect metaphor for Faulkner's oft-quoted line from Requiem for Nun, "The past isn't dead. It isn't even past."

Meanwhile, it's nice to have my perception of NASCAR fans confirmed. I'm glad to learn I wasn't indulging a derogatory stereotype unfairly.

Lol, my best friend from college used to use the expression "Going all Emily", as in "Oh, I like him, but I'm not gonna go all Emily on him or anything!"

Ahem. Not that I ever suspected she might........

My wife won't let me be in the same room as her when I am watching LSU football games. I rather doubt she would keep my corpse around the house.

I am so unloved.
    You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!
    --PATX

Everybody counts or nobody counts.
    --Hieronymus Bosch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast