Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia - Gail Lynch, 55, Warwick, 3-July-2012 - Ian Hannaford chgd w/ murder

Case of missing Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch now a murder investigation

Kate Kyriacou
    July 20, 2012 1:55PM

THE disappearance of Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch is now being treated as a murder investigation.
    Police are searching for her ex-boyfriend who they say is a 'person of interest' in the investigation.
    http://www.news.com.au/national/case...-1226430913502

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Makara For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Makara View Post
    You'd think that QPS would have kept this former boyfriend under surveillance or at the very least, he would have checked in with police to learn how their investigation going. I just hope that Gail is found soon.

My thoughts are with her family. It must be absolutely horrifying to be in their position right now.
    I am surprised as he seemed to be POI, that a close eye was not being kept on his movements.. how frustrating.
    MOO!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to UnfoldingTruth For This Useful Post:

Earlier in the week, neighbours interviewed, stated that I H had returned to his home last Sunday

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...missing-woman/

No mention of whether his vehicle had been released

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nowvoyager For This Useful Post:

This makes me feel sick. What is it with people who murder? I reckon we need to focus more on anger management - ALL of us. Make a huge thing of it - like obesity or any other disease prevention. Peace has to start within each of us. What we need is another good hippy era - peace and love, man.
    Perfect Stranger: A true story of desire and obsession by Kay Schubach in Sydney

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Man may help solve missing grandmother mystery

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...720-22dq0.html

July 20, 2012 - 6:49AM
    Amy Remeikis

Police investigating the disappearance of a Warwick grandmother have identified a man they believe can help them find the missing woman

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Police are now saying her ex-boyfriend is the sole suspect in the disappearance of Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyflpzIPjBs"]Gail Lynch - YouTube[/ame]

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Makara For This Useful Post:

Police are now saying her ex-boyfriend is the sole suspect in the disappearance of Warwick grandmother Gail Lynch.

Gail Lynch - YouTube
    Gotta wonder who he learnt this from. Suspected of murdering ex, hires a lawyer, has his car seized and gives DNA sample.
    Perfect Stranger: A true story of desire and obsession by Kay Schubach in Sydney

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Missing grandmother case sparks social media plea

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-07-2...ng-mum/4146360

By Elise Worthington
    Posted July 22, 2012 11:41:36

The son of a missing Darling Downs grandmother is asking people to take to social media in the search for more information about her disappearance and suspected murder.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nowvoyager View Post
    Earlier in the week, neighbours interviewed, stated that I H had returned to his home last Sunday

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...missing-woman/

No mention of whether his vehicle had been released
    The recent you tube video states police still have his car, that's why they can't understand how he got out of Toowoomba. (That's if in fact he did leave Toowoomba).

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Search set to resume for woman

THE search for Gail Lynch will resume this morning as police continue with their investigations into the whereabouts of the Warwick woman who has not been seen for three weeks.

More: http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/s...missing-woman/
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Please help find Gail Lynch. Family are asking everyone to ask at lease one other person to send out a request to find Gail.

http://www.facebook.com/MissingPersonGailLynch

#FindMissingGail

Warwick is only a small community, so please, please help if you can.

Also keep all eyes peeled for Ian Hannaford the POI from Toowoomba who is the only suspect and is missing.
    Last edited by BreakingNews; 07-25-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: reworded last sentence.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Man sought by police over disappearance of Warwick woman Gail Lynch is found in bushland

July 27, 2012 8:27AM

A PERSON of interest in the case of missing woman Gail Lynch has been found.
    Ian Hannaford, 58, was reportedly found this morning in bushland in Toowoomba.

While police would not confirm the identity of the man, they said a 58-year-old man related to the case is in Toowoomba Hospital undergoing treatment.

Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow said Mr Hannaford was found around 8.30pm Thursday night near Picnic Point Park.

"He's still in hospital at this stage," he said.

"He's being treated for exposure and dehydration."

His Toowoomba home has been searched by police while his blue 2004 BA model Ford Falcon sedan was taken for testing.

Police confirmed last week that Mr Hannaford was the main suspect in the disappearance of Ms Lynch.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/m...-1226436365338

Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

Police treating disappearance of Warwick woman Gail Lynch as homicide investigation

July 27, 2012 2:08PM

POLICE are now treating the case of missing woman Gail Lynch as a homicide investigation.
    Detective Inspector Darren Shadlow announced the development today.

Ms Lynch's Internet boyfriend Ian Hannaford, 58, was found last night in bushland in Toowoomba.

Det Insp Shadlow said the main person of interest, Mr Hannaford, has not yet been interviewed since he was found on Thursday night by security guards doing their nightly rounds at Picnic Point area in Toowoomba.

"They located a male person in the toilet block in that area," he said.

"That male person did have some injuries to him, the Queensland Ambulance Service was called as was the Queensland Police Service."

Det Insp Shadlow said he does have numerous cuts on him and it could be days until he is formally interviewed by police

He said Mr Hannaford has "been living rough" and a small campsite was found in the area he was discovered and believed to be where he had been living for days.

He is being treated for dehyrdration and exposure.

Integrity is choosing your thoughts and actions based on values rather than personal gain.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    Police treating disappearance of Warwick woman Gail Lynch as homicide investigation

July 27, 2012 2:08PM

POLICE are now treating the case of missing woman Gail Lynch as a homicide investigation.
    Detective Inspector Darren Shadlow announced the development today.

Ms Lynch's Internet boyfriend Ian Hannaford, 58, was found last night in bushland in Toowoomba.

Det Insp Shadlow said the main person of interest, Mr Hannaford, has not yet been interviewed since he was found on Thursday night by security guards doing their nightly rounds at Picnic Point area in Toowoomba.

"They located a male person in the toilet block in that area," he said.

"That male person did have some injuries to him, the Queensland Ambulance Service was called as was the Queensland Police Service."

Det Insp Shadlow said he does have numerous cuts on him and it could be days until he is formally interviewed by police

He said Mr Hannaford has "been living rough" and a small campsite was found in the area he was discovered and believed to be where he had been living for days.

He is being treated for dehyrdration and exposure.

Thanks Marlywings. I heard this on the radio - ABC. I can't imagine how IH managed to hide in the bush for so long. It would have been awfully cold. On the report I heard that he was only semi-conscious when found and will not be interviewed today.

Just hope he confesses and Gail is found, for the family's sake.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Man charged with missing Warwick gran Gail Lynch murder
    by: Rob Kidd From: The Courier-Mail July 27, 2012 5:57PM

A 58-YEAR-OLD Toowoomba man has been charged with the murder of Warwick woman Gail Lynch.

My opinion only and not that of Websleuths.

Allison Baden-Clay Media/Timeline Reference Thread: CLICK HERE

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Makara For This Useful Post:

Thanks Makara, I just heard it on ABC TV. You gotta hand it to the police. They've done a very thorough job. I just hope he pleads guilty and tells the family where Gail is.

A plea to everyone - if you are angry, go get help. This could potentially save yourself and others a lot of heartache.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Gail Lynch's ex to face court

27th July 2012 9:00 AM

Updated: 8:29 PM

IAN Hannaford has been charged with the murder of his ex-partner, Warwick woman Gail Lynch.

Hannaford reportedly hid from police in bushland at Picnic Point Park in Toowoomba and police believe he may have been there since July 11, when they last spoke with him.

A security guard discovered an injured, semi-conscious Hannaford in a toilet block in the park about 8.30pm on Thursday.

Detective Inspector Darrin Shadlow said police found a makeshift campsite under a concrete lookout without any blankets and with only a few food scraps.

"We believe he has been there for some days, with evidence of foodstuffs there but little else," Det Insp Shadlow said.

Hannaford was taken to Toowoomba Base Hospital that night to be treated for dehydration and exposure and was released into police custody yesterday afternoon, only to be met with a set of handcuffs and a murder charge.

Police and search crews scoured the Picnic Point Park area in search of Gail Lynch's body or any other clues that could indicate her whereabouts.

http://www.gympietimes.com.au/story/...an-lynch-case/

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Makara For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingNews View Post
    Thanks Makara, I just heard it on ABC TV. You gotta hand it to the police. They've done a very thorough job. I just hope he pleads guilty and tells the family where Gail is.

A plea to everyone - if you are angry, go get help. This could potentially save yourself and others a lot of heartache.
    This is such a sad case BN. I just want to know why, what went wrong? Apparently Gail and Hannaford were no longer in a relationship but why did he have to murder her? Hopefully Gail's body will be found soon and her family can lay her to rest with dignity.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Makara For This Useful Post:

This is such a sad case BN. I just want to know why, what went wrong? Apparently Gail and Hannaford were no longer in a relationship but why did he have to murder her? Hopefully Gail's body will be found soon and her family can lay her to rest with dignity.
    This is a sad case, there's way too many of them.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to linette For This Useful Post:

'Some Grandma's are so special that they really must be angels!' unknown

R.I.P. now Gail.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

July 30, 2012

THIS red rug disappeared from Gail Lynch's home when she did and police hope its discovery could lead them to her body.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/s...-1226438677487

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

I've missed the past few days of news. Anything new about Gail yet?

44. The Following User Says Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingNews View Post
    I've missed the past few days of news. Anything new about Gail yet?
    I just checked with the Find Gail facebook page. Nothing new. Family hoping for a miracle, but preparing for the worst and just want Gail found.

Also trying to stay neutral regarding Ian Hannaford as to not jeopardise court case due in October.

facebook.com/MissingPersonGailLynch

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BreakingNews For This Useful Post:

Police plead for more missing grandmother clues

Posted August 08, 2012 12:34:40

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-0...20?section=qld

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Makara For This Useful Post:

Gail's family calls for help

http://www.warwickdailynews.com.au/s...-family-conti/

Georja Ryan | 8th August 2012 7:11 AM

POLICE may have wrapped up the search for Gail Lynch, but family members have now taken it into their own hands.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast