Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012 **ARREST**

WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012 **ARREST**

Never started a thread before.....
    Asked to share by a friend.....

Missing Poster:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5400495&type=1

Police in Star City are looking for a 16 year old girl who has not been seen since last week.

Police told 5 News that 16 year old Skylar Neese was last seen Friday. Family members describe her as being about 5'4" or 5'5" and around 130 to 140 pounds.

She has brown hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing yellow shorts and a multicolored shirt. If you have any information call the star city police at (304) 599-3550.

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=vi...en-Expands3999
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 05-06-2013 at 05:57 AM.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to kmartin96 For This Useful Post:

Skylar has a very active Twitter account, which she last used July 5, the day before she was last seen.
    In the two days before her disappearance, Skylar’s usually lighthearted tweets took on a more agitated tone; she tweeted several times expressing some apparent dissatisfaction or unhappiness.

http://missingindividuals.tumblr.com...-west-virginia

Link has a link to Skylar's Twitter account.
    Chatty

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChattyWoman For This Useful Post:

Star City Police Chief Vic Propst said they are working with the police department in Carolina Beach, North Carolina, after someone may have spotted Skylar Neese, 16, in their area.

http://www.wboy.com/story/18980671/u...r-missing-girl
    Chatty

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ChattyWoman For This Useful Post:

This girl is from my hometown.

http://www.wboy.com/story/18980671/s...r-missing-girl

Recently, there was an unconfirmed but possible sighting of Skylar in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Anyone in the NC area, keep your eyes peeled.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Pisces_Sun For This Useful Post:

Have these girls not heard of Britanee(sic) Drexel?

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

“A person's a person, no matter how small.”

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,
    You have to go places no others can get to.
    You have to get cold and you have to get wet, too.” ― Dr. Seuss

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Me and my husband drove through Star City on our way to the store just now...I'm shocked that there aren't missing posters for this girl up anywhere on the main drag! Star City is a very small area in Morgantown but it's located where all the major traffic comes through, it's a hub near the entrance/exit to town from the highway. Just a few large, well-placed signs next to the road would help get the story/Skylar's face out there. She's probably not in town, but every little bit counts...

Haven't heard anyone mention it around town, either. Maybe I will print out some flyers.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pisces_Sun For This Useful Post:

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pisces_Sun For This Useful Post:

Such an attractive teen ~ How can she go unnoticed. Is she hidden away, or in hiding. This doesn't seem to have a big media focus. I think there is an assumption that Skylar ran away, left willingly, wasn't abducted and doesn't merit a lot of manpower. If there is an auto involved, and an unknown driver, it could be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Hope she is found safe.
    IMO

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Caligram View Post
    Such an attractive teen ~ How can she go unnoticed. Is she hidden away, or in hiding. This doesn't seem to have a big media focus. I think there is an assumption that Skylar ran away, left willingly, wasn't abducted and doesn't merit a lot of manpower. If there is an auto involved, and an unknown driver, it could be like searching for a needle in a haystack. Hope she is found safe.
    IMO
    There is not a big media focus - I just heard about it earlier today. No one's mentioned it to me at work or anything, and lots of gossip gets around town. Plenty of gossip about college sports/coaches, but when it comes to one of our kids missing...word spreads slowly.

I think it's fairly clear she left willingly and was not forcibly abducted. Posts from her family on FB seem to confirm it...saying she "left". But still, she is in a lot of danger now that she is out on her own, God knows where doing God knows what. She needs to be brought home ASAP before something bad happens. It's a very dangerous world out there for a pretty, YOUNG, naive girl who doesn't know how dark people can be.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pisces_Sun For This Useful Post:

Mon County Girl Missing For Two Weeks, Concerns Growing

Friday marked two weeks since a teenager from Star City left her home.

Police said their investigation is at a standstill and now some folks are getting worried that she was the victim of a predator on the internet.

More: http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=vi...ns-Growing4278

Where is 16-year-old Skylar Neese?

16-year-old Skylar Neese was last seen alive on July 6, 2012 in Star City, West Virginia. She may be with a female companion in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. Her nickname is Sky.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07...d-skylar-neese
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Wow, the coverage for this girl needs to be stepped up. She is absolutely adorable and so many things could have happened to her. Why does it matter HOW they leave, they are still in just as much danger.

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sheromom For This Useful Post:

All you WV folks take a look:

Teen missing from Star City/Monongalia County since July 7, 2012.

This is roughly 3 miles from Morgantown, WV - where West Virginia University is located. Lots happening there being a busy university town....

http://www.wboy.com/story/19069371/f...or-return-home

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”

“If you want to catch beasts you don't see every day, you have to go places quite out of the way,

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mahoolin View Post
    All you WV folks take a look:

Teen missing from Star City/Monongalia County since July 7, 2012.

This is roughly 3 miles from Morgantown, WV - where West Virginia University is located. Lots happening there being a busy university town....

http://www.wboy.com/story/19069371/f...or-return-home
    Heartbreaking. I don't understand why some cases are followed so closely that I can't keep up and yet here is this beautiful young lady that no one seems to care about?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sheromom For This Useful Post:

I don't know the financial situation of the family, but I found this, which may indicate they need some help raising reward money for Skylar. Not soliciting - just wondering if anyone here had ever used or heard of this website:

http://www.**************/fundraiser_...ringskylarhome

Moderators - if this is against TOS please remove.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

32. The Following User Says Thank You to mahoolin For This Useful Post:

Desperate hunt for teenager who went missing two months ago when she was last seen getting into car at midnight

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz26AdqY2es
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

This case is on JVM today...no use of social media, phone, etc in 2+ months now and she is being classified as a runaway...took no clothes, etc...

This case sounds like she met with foul play the very night she was last seen.
    Just my opinion, of course.

I think the friend knows more than what she is saying. Why did the friend park in the parking lot to pick up Skylar but says she dropped her off away from her apartment so her parents wouldn't hear her car. Wasn't she worried about her parents hearing the car when she was picked up? I don't think she was every dropped off at her house. Her last tweet was 'You doing ***** like that is why I will NEVER completely trust you' that sounds like she was tweeting about someone she knows and it could very well be her friend or the friend is in cohoots with someone who had a beef with Skylar. The friend is just probably scared of saying anything. I have a feeling this isn't going to have a happy ending. This case probably hasn't received a lot of attention because she left on her own.

37. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to susan1215 For This Useful Post:

But she only left on her own, as far as getting out of the house. She did not take anything, or leave any indication she was running away. I don't know if her friends really dropped her off (have my doubts) but if they did, someone else was around and waiting, probably someone she knew.
    Just my opinion, of course.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I read pages and pages of Twitter around this girl. Lots of pot and alcohol in her circle. Lots.

I don't usually wonder this, but considering her and her friends' ages, I do wonder if there could have been an accidental OD or an accident or something that is being covered up. Hmmm.

OTOH, she really may have met up with a friend for an hour in a car if they were smoking a bit of pot. I still don't understand why the friend picked her up and supposedly dropped her off at different places, but I could believe they were only out for an hour otherwise.

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to writer7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    But she only left on her own, as far as getting out of the house. She did not take anything, or leave any indication she was running away. I don't know if her friends really dropped her off (have my doubts) but if they did, someone else was around and waiting, probably someone she knew.
    Exactly. She got in the car of her own volition, probably to go hang out for a bit or get into some teenage mischief (since she snuck out). I don't believe for a second she had any intention of "running away" when she got in that car.

Not sure when foul play happened or if she got out of the car and then it happened, but something stinks here.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ktgirl For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Okay, I have not followed this case but only caught a story about it on tv last night.

I am trying to figure out how to say this without saying it.

The moment I heard the specifics of this case I had the immediate thought that Skylar's case reminded me VERY much of the murder of Shanda Sharer. I am not sure how much more I am comfortable saying since this is simply my gut talking but a google search on that case will explain what my gut is telling me.

My heart goes out to her family and for what its worth, I sincerely hope I am wrong.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

FB Missing page - no new info

https://www.facebook.com/BringSklarNeeseBackHome
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikkismom For This Useful Post:

Seems to be an epidemic of young girls sneaking out of the house to meet someone, then turning up missing. Who knows if she actually intended to run away or just wanted to be with her friends for awhile? She's still missing and needs to be found.
    Her friends could be telling the truth, dropped her off in the parking lot because they didn't want the parents to hear the car that late.... or something happened and the friends are too scared to tell the cops about it. Either way, I hope she's found safe, but it doesn't sound too promising.

48. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast