1236 users online (228 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Father Of Missing Star City Teen: I Believe She's Still Alive

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=vi...till-Alive5427

Written by Andrew Forgotch
    Last updated on September 17, 2012 @ 1:40PM
    Created on September 16, 2012 @ 6:10PM

It's been more than two months since a Star City teen walked out of her home.

FB Missing page - no new info

https://www.facebook.com/BringSklarNeeseBackHome
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Seems to be an epidemic of young girls sneaking out of the house to meet someone, then turning up missing. Who knows if she actually intended to run away or just wanted to be with her friends for awhile? She's still missing and needs to be found.
    Her friends could be telling the truth, dropped her off in the parking lot because they didn't want the parents to hear the car that late.... or something happened and the friends are too scared to tell the cops about it. Either way, I hope she's found safe, but it doesn't sound too promising.

Agree with you Tlcox. Shanda Sharer bears some resemblance here.
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

"She has a lot of friends and is big into social networks but has not been online since she disappeared. There has been no bank activity and her cell phone has not been turned on," Neese's cousin, Rikki Woodall, told The Huffington Post.

"She loves school. She's a great, 4.0 student who is in honors classes, so when school started and she was not in class, people started to really question whether something might seriously be wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1871268.html

Skylar sneaks out of her window to meet a friend at midnight. She is caught on security cameras.

The same friend said she dropped her off an hour later.

It isn't on the video because the friend said she wanted dropped off down the street away from her residence so as not to wake her parents.

Questions:

Why only sneak out for an hour?

-Can't be to chat with a girl friend because she could have done that with her cellphone. My guess is for drugs or to meet with a boy. Skylar's twitter account confirms that she drinks and smokes pot.

Why wasn't Skylar worried about being picked up right in front of the house at midnight?

-It doesn't add up for me that she wanted dropped off somewhere else an hour later?

The friend's story simply doesn't make sense.
    Just my opinion.

Cabell County Sheriff's deputies are investigating human skeletal remains found on Wire Branch Road in Ona, WV.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19875360...ound-in-ona-wv

There's no reason to expect this is Skylar, but thought I'd make everyone aware of it just in case.

ETA: These two cities are almost 200 miles apart.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...ed=0CCAQ9w8wAA

I just see a FB page for Skylar. Why isn't she listed in NamUs yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Tammie McCormick, 13, missing since 1986 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128676

Jaliek Rainwalker, 12, missing since 2007 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55811

Hi all, I joined WS about a month ago, but have never posted. I have read all the TOS & help boards, but please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong

Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I was born & raised in Morgantown, WV (of which Star City is part) and I went to the same high school as the missing girl. The town is the home of WVU which is a very well known "party school." I was in the "popular" crowd at University High, and while drinking and marijuana were very widely used, it was never a school with a large number of students using heavy drugs. High school students in Morgantown regularly go to college night clubs and party in wooded areas on small roads on the outskirts of town.

At first, I had the same question as No Stone Unturned, "why only an hour?" However, given what she was wearing, it doesn't sound like she was going to a party or a club or to meet a boy. Flip flops are not a good choice for a party in the woods, and they aren't allowed in a lot of the clubs/bars in town. Also, if she was meeting a boy, I assume it's someone she liked but wasn't in a relationship with (as no boyfriend was mentioned). If a 16y/o is going to go to the trouble of sneaking out to meet a boy, she's probably going to put more effort into an outfit.

From the posts on her Twitter feed, it sounds like she was going through something and maybe just wanted to talk with a friend, drive around, etc. Either way, I think the friend is the major key here. In one of the first articles it said the friends were not being helpful, which is very disconcerting.

Concerning the publicity of her disappearance, WVU is the major source of income for Morgantown (along with the liquid generics company Mylan Pharm.). Crime is not something that is widely publicized as the town likes to present a "clean & wholesome" image to prospective students. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by the lack of coverage. There are no TV stations in Morgantown, and the town newspaper the Dominion Post is not the type of hard hitting journalism you see in other cities.

As always, you guys are amazing, and I hope we can get some information soon. I know this is a cliche, but things like this just don't happen at my old high school, and I hope the family gets Skyler back safe.

Where are you Skylar?

I wonder if the friend who claimed to drop her off near her home an hour after she snuck out has been given a lie detector test?
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

Not sure, KT. I spoke with my mom today (who lives in Morgantown) and she said there was an article in the paper yesterday that said they don't know who picked her up from her house. In previous statements, LE has stated that they knew it was a female friend, but she was insistent that it said they didn't know. I'm not sure why it's so hard to get facts in this case. There seem to be a lot of stories floating around.

I've also been randomly looking through Twitter pages today and there are a few fake accounts that seems to have been created to harass the friends & liken them to the TV show "Pretty Little Liars." If you haven't seen the show, it's about a group of 5 best friends, once of whom goes missing & later it's revealed that she was killed. The killer & various anonymous accomplices then start harassing the girls and using their secrets to blackmail them into doing hurtful things to one another. I'm sure it's probably just some high school kids being horrible to one another, but it's pretty sick.

Also, on Twitter, Skylar's friends always make pleas with her to come home, not to someone who has taken her. It seems that they all believe she ran away.

Random aside, it turns out I was a nanny for one of the girls who is one of Skylar's best friends. It was back when she was 3-4y/o and I haven't seen her since, but as I was looking through Twitter pages I saw a photo of her father and realized who she was.

Does anyone have information that hasn't been posted? Is there anything we can do? I'm new to this page and don't know where to begin. Help!

IMO, having 2 teenage daughters myself , if this young lady was going to run away she certainly wouldnt be leaving without taking anything with her in her photos she obviously takes good care of herself so i cant see her leaving without taking clothing etc, and to suddenly stop using social networks is something teenagers just do not do .. very concerned for this girls safety

I agree, MrsWard. She didn't take anything, her phone hasn't been used and no social media updates.

Also, how did she get where she was going? The story about the car she originally left in is a bit muddled, but if it's accounted for, then there had to be another car. Busses in Morgantown are sparse, and so are cabs (and she'd have to call a cab and wait for it. It's not uncommon to wait a very long time for a cab to arrive in that town). There is an above ground train type thing called a PRT, but it only travels around the WVU campus. If she left again there had to be another car, or she walked to someone's house.

It seems highly unlikely that she is willingly hiding out in the area. It's not a large area and there are not a lot of people. Surely anyone she could be staying with has been checked out.

I wish her case was getting more attention. It saddens me that she went missing in July and her thread only has two pages and that she's received little to no national media attention.
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

RDGirl

WELCOME!!!!

WV is my home state too.

Google the Shanda Sharer case on Wikipedia and see what you think. It was a few years back and involved a group of teen and preteen girls and how gruesome their behavior can be. I see some similarities here (obviously not a lesbian lover /jealousy thing) but something in the "friends" story leads me to believe that she knows exactly what happened to Skylar.
    Just my opinion.

Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast