671 users online (80 members and 591 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    I have a twitter account but haven't actively tweeted.

For those unfamiliar with tweeting, it is very similar to FB in the following ways:

On FB you "friend" people who then can see your status updates. The moe friends you have the more people see you updates.

On twitter you "follow" people and people "follow" you. Different than FB in that you may follow people who do not in turn follow you. So on twitter what matters is how many followers you have as far as who sees your tweets.

Similar to FB and your ability to "share" or pass along to your friends the posts of your other friends, on twitter you can "retweet" the tweets of people you follow and those who follow you can retweet or pass along your tweets enabling their followers to see that specific tweet.

Lastly, like FB, you can post links to articles, other sites, etc.

I hope all that made sense. Pardon the typos, tablet typing is not my strong suit.

As I said, I don't really twet much lately but Salem if you need anything specific tweeted o linked regarding this case, feel free to let me know.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I'm going to post mom's FB and if it shouldn't be here, please remove. Thanks! This is where I found the open letter.

I thought it was from dad, but maybe not.

https://www.facebook.com/meneese1?ref=ts&fref=ts
    #prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I'm going to post mom's FB and if it shouldn't be here, please remove. Thanks! This is where I found the open letter.

I thought it was from dad, but maybe not.

https://www.facebook.com/meneese1?ref=ts&fref=ts
    Thank you for the link. Is anyone else very concerned about all of the "death of a loved one"
    quotes on this page? IMO- that may be why we are not seeing searches..

I came in here to see if I could help. Seems like there isn't much news in the media. Everything I found was old.

I did find mom's FB acct last night, and it seems a little strange, to me anyways. There is also a open letter on it from dad. If I'm allowed to post the page I will, but I'll wait on a mod to let me know.

Also, I have posted the missing flier on my FB page. I'm not from WV, but my family is and it will feed to their friends I hope.
    BBM

What seems strange to you?

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    BBM

What seems strange to you?
    I can't put my finger on it. Probably just me, But sometimes I think, they think she just ran away and then other times it seems they make think she is not with us anymore. jmo
    #prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

A few photos here.

https://twitter.com/i/#!/hiighasthe_...com%2FLzMrg4nx

I wonder if her parents knew she was into pot? I've been following a few twitter accts and I have to say they are interesting.

I'm not sure how much I can post, but if you go to mom's FB and see a post addressed to MB dated 10/28 and follow her twitter. It is interesting, because MB seems to know some things.
    #prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

A few photos here.

I wonder if her parents knew she was into pot? I've been following a few twitter accts and I have to say they are interesting.

I'm not sure how much I can post, but if you go to mom's FB and see a post addressed to MB dated 10/28 and follow her twitter. It is interesting, because MB seems to know some things.
    Wowza, that twitter by MB is something else...hope LE is looking into that! Crazy! MOO
    Even though you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start now and make a brand new end

A few photos here.

probably the synthetic crap from the head shops...

I can't put my finger on it. Probably just me, But sometimes I think, they think she just ran away and then other times it seems they make think she is not with us anymore. jmo
    I wonder if maybe they go through phases... Maybe sometimes they want to believe that she's alive somewhere out there, and there is still a possibility that she will make it home, but other times they think that if she were still alive she would have contacted them or come home by now.

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

I thought when this thread was first posted that she was another runaway and would show up sooner rather than later. That, of course, has not happened.

I think the friend who dropped her off "down the street" knows more than what she is telling. Thanks so much everyone for all the links, especially the twitter accounts. After reading them, and seeing how well she was doing in school, combined with how long she has been gone.. I am very concerned for her. It does not appear that she planned on running away, only a sneak out. Also her tweets and the way she was so down right before she left concern me. Added to that, the posts on her mom's fb scare the wits outta me. Who would post (what appear to be RIP messages) on her mothers fb without proof she had passed? I cant imagine doing that if you were unsure if she were alive or dead.

It does appear to be a "mean girls club" in this group.. and I think at least one of them had hurt her feelings, and she was being left out of the group lately.

The twitter acct mentioned earlier calls out alot of her friends, this fiesty tweeter certainly has alot to say.. and I tend to believe in her attitude.

Skyler... where are you????? I no longer think you are missing on purpose.. please come home!
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by sadnpod View Post
    I thought when this thread was first posted that she was another runaway and would show up sooner rather than later. That, of course, has not happened.

I think the friend who dropped her off "down the street" knows more than what she is telling. Thanks so much everyone for all the links, especially the twitter accounts. After reading them, and seeing how well she was doing in school, combined with how long she has been gone.. I am very concerned for her. It does not appear that she planned on running away, only a sneak out. Also her tweets and the way she was so down right before she left concern me. Added to that, the posts on her mom's fb scare the wits outta me. Who would post (what appear to be RIP messages) on her mothers fb without proof she had passed? I cant imagine doing that if you were unsure if she were alive or dead.

It does appear to be a "mean girls club" in this group.. and I think at least one of them had hurt her feelings, and she was being left out of the group lately.

The twitter acct mentioned earlier calls out alot of her friends, this fiesty tweeter certainly has alot to say.. and I tend to believe in her attitude.

Skyler... where are you????? I no longer think you are missing on purpose.. please come home!

BBM

I think this is what I was trying to get at in one of my posts above. I agree with your statement regarding the FB page. If this were my daughter, I don't think I'd be posting RIP photos on my FB. I would want to be d*mn sure my daughter was no longer with us, before I did that. Unless, mom is hoping to break someone in the group

When I first started reading these twitter accts, my thought was the TV show Pretty Little Liars. I have to agree with you on the bold. I've only seen the show a couple of times and what I saw, I didn't care for. The girls are very mean and will do anything to cover their butts. Following one, the show is mentioned a couple of times. Also mentioned several times is how sick the person is to their stomach.

I'm hoping someone will eventually give up what's happened to Skylar, so she can be brought home.

jmo
    #prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

Sorry I've been so MIA lately (my job is pretty intense), but I'm SO happy to see so many people on this page (and so much new activity)!

About the MB Twitter account: Check out her Followers, and it will lead you to JS, HF & RH. These are the 4 Twitter accounts I mentioned a while ago. They seem to exist solely to call-out Skylar's friends (SE and SA specifically). I don't have a lot of time before work, so I wasn't able to look at mom's Facebook in depth, but I certainly plan to look this weekend.

Thank you all so much again! Definitely lots of interesting things happening here.

Is anyone familiar with the show (or books they are based on) called Pretty Little Liars? I see some similarities here.
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by No Stone Unturned View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the show (or books they are based on) called Pretty Little Liars? I see some similarities here.

BBM

I agree, I've noticed that also. I've also noticed the show has been mentioned in tweets.
    #prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

Quote Originally Posted by RDGirl View Post
    Sorry I've been so MIA lately (my job is pretty intense), but I'm SO happy to see so many people on this page (and so much new activity)!

About the MB Twitter account: Check out her Followers, and it will lead you to JS, HF & RH. These are the 4 Twitter accounts I mentioned a while ago. They seem to exist solely to call-out Skylar's friends (SE and SA specifically). I don't have a lot of time before work, so I wasn't able to look at mom's Facebook in depth, but I certainly plan to look this weekend.

Thank you all so much again! Definitely lots of interesting things happening here.
    THANK YOU for this post Sparky! Getting lost in the pits of twitter is even worse than the pits of FB!!!
    Shine Somer Shine!

My posts are my opinion only; you may not use my posts for
    anything, except quoting within the Websleuths Forum.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, but there are a million ways to be a good one!

Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast