677 users online (90 members and 587 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #3

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

LINNEA LOMAX
    Case Type: Missing
    DOB: Jun 8, 1993 Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Jun 26, 2012 Race: White
    Age Now: 19 Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
    Missing City: SACRAMENTO Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
    Missing State : CA Hair Color: Blonde
    Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue
    Case Number: NCMA1198036
    Circumstances: Linnea may still be in the local area. She may dye her hair. Linnea may be in need of medical attention.

http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/Sherif...nea_Lomax.aspx
    El Dorado County Sheriff's Office
    Press Release
    The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office has transferred the Linnea Lomax missing person case to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office. El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Detectives have been assigned to the case and are in contact with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office, the family of Miss Lomax and the searching organization the family has established.
    Miss Lomax was last seen on June 26th in the 800 block of Howe Avenue, Sacramento. At that time Miss Lomax had been at a scheduled appointment in the area. Information indicates that she left the building where her appointment was scheduled, to go to lunch. She never returned to finish her appointment.

Linnea Lomax is a student at the University of California in Davis and is a resident of El Dorado County. Linnea is 19 years old, 5'2" 100 pounds and has blond hair.

She was last seen wearing faded green pants, a dark blue Hoody sweatshirt with the word "Sweden" written on the front. She was also wearing black flip flops. Linnea is considered at-risk and needs her regular medications.

If you have any information as to Linnea's location, please contact the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office at (530) 621-6600.

Verified Posters:
    Linnea Lomax case
    DomCobb is a verified local/searcher/insider
    Ender is a verified insider/local
    trackinghounds is a verified insider
    AQuietHeart is verified as an insider
    Silentone is a verified insider
    Runlove is a verified insider
    jeremymeehan is a verified insider
    Manda is a verified insider

Thread #1
    Thread #2

Media Links

Linnea Lomax Information and Support thread

No Rumors Allowed! We are a victim friendly site, Linnea and her parents are victims in this case. No speculation about Linnea or her parents, their religion or home life. This thread is about trying to find Linnea!

Please continue here...
    Last edited by KateB; 05-04-2015 at 11:47 PM. Reason: repair url tags.

Did she leave the clinic to meet someone for lunch? Or, to meet someone who helped her "get away"? Any speculation about Scientology being involved?

On the other hand....why was it never considered that someone snatched her off the street? Or, she hitched a ride with the wrong person? Why is her case so different than other missing women? It seems immediately it was assumed she took off to get away from her family, church, friends, etc.? Why? Why all the angst because she is being searched for?
    IMO

The longer she stays away the more worried I become. It has been weeks now without any confirmed sightings or news. Most of the voluntary missing cases I have seen are resolved pretty quickly especially nowadays. Of course, it is possible she is holed up in a shelter somewhere, but the length of time is concerning especially considering how very, very close she was with all her friends and family up until recently.

Considering the fact that the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and Team Hope have been engaged in Linnea's disappearance (public information) and the fact the she is over the age of 18 would indicate that Suzanne's Law was utilized. It would stand to reason that the detective that requested this status for Linnea does not believe she is an adult running away from her family. Linnea's current status is listed as "Missing Person - At Risk". Let's all work towards finding her and ensuring her safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Did she leave the clinic to meet someone for lunch? Or, to meet someone who helped her "get away"? Any speculation about Scientology being involved?

On the other hand....why was it never considered that someone snatched her off the street? Or, she hitched a ride with the wrong person? Why is her case so different than other missing women? It seems immediately it was assumed she took off to get away from her family, church, friends, etc.? Why? Why all the angst because she is being searched for?
    I can't see any difference in this case from other missing persons cases. There are so many active cases on WS right now where any one of the missing could have left on their own and are adults. No one is arguing that they shouldn't be listed as missing or that they are adults and have the right to go missing. Even in cases where domestic violence is known to have occurred, people still look for the missing person. There is no assumption that they headed for a safe house and are avoiding contact with everyone, including law enforcement.

I haven't seen any credible evidence that LL had a master plan that she implemented. In my opinion, it is far more likely that she left the outpatient program and lost her way, either because of her mental health or because she was the victim of a crime. I also think there is a possibility that LL was lured away from the program by someone that offered to help her, but may not have had her best interests at heart.

I am curious to know if law enforcement is more suspicious about her disappearance because of all the rumors that have circulated about her running away. It seems that they are stepping up the investigation, so I have to wonder if they are concerned that someone might be circulating rumors to deflect from what really happened to LL?

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    The longer she stays away the more worried I become. It has been weeks now without any confirmed sightings or news. Most of the voluntary missing cases I have seen are resolved pretty quickly especially nowadays. Of course, it is possible she is holed up in a shelter somewhere, but the length of time is concerning especially considering how very, very close she was with all her friends and family up until recently.
    I have to agree with you. Even domestic violence shelters have protocols in place for safely notifying law enforcement that someone is actually safe and not missing.

If LL is living on the streets, she would still need to eat. I would think that someone would've seen her while she was trying to procure food. I am concerned that she may have wandered into a heavily wooded area and gotten lost.

Do we know if they have used any scent dogs in the searches? I didn't see anything when I was reviewing the media links, but I could've missed it.

I am new to this forum and this is my first post, so forgive me if I do it wrong. I am posting a link to a new facebook post from a group that has increased the reward to $10,000 and believes that Linnea has become a potential trafficking victim.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater

I have two trains of thoughts going on right now. The first one is I am wondering if maybe during her time as a inpatient at Sutter she met someone who was released at near the same time ? And they had plans to meet up on her first day of out patient The reason is this I was a inpatient at Sutter in Burlingame for Alchol abuse for 7 days and witnesses such things . Only natural when you are around each other for 24/7 .Side note sober for over 2 years now.
    The second thought if the first one is not happening is . I really am concerned that something bad has happened to her. There has been no confirmed sightings now leaks of her contacting any of her friends. Which from everything we have read and heard is so out of character of Linnea.
    I just hope and pray my first thought is what happened and Linnea finds it in her heart or if any one knows her whereabouts to at least let the LE know today. So her family and friends can at least have some piece of mind.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I have two trains of thoughts going on right now. The first one is I am wondering if maybe during her time as a inpatient at Sutter she met someone who was released at near the same time ? And they had plans to meet up on her first day of out patient The reason is this I was a inpatient at Sutter in Burlingame for Alchol abuse for 7 days and witnesses such things . Only natural when you are around each other for 24/7 .Side note sober for over 2 years now.
    The second thought if the first one is not happening is . I really am concerned that something bad has happened to her. There has been no confirmed sightings now leaks of her contacting any of her friends. Which from everything we have read and heard is so out of character of Linnea.
    I just hope and pray my first thought is what happened and Linnea finds it in her heart or if any one knows her whereabouts to at least let the LE know today. So her family and friends can at least have some piece of mind.
    Congratulations.

If LL did meet up with someone from Sutter, perhaps that person believes that they are helping LL out of a bad situation. They might not realize that the situation is only gaining momentum and is likely to get more media and law enforcement attention as time passes. She could still be struggling with her depression and be under the impression that she has disappointed her family and friends, so they are all better off without her as a burden. I think that someone on the previous thread mentioned that this might be LL's way of committing suicide without actually killing herself.

No matter what happened, I do hope that LL is safe and that she reaches out to law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyze This View Post
    I can't see any difference in this case from other missing persons cases. There are so many active cases on WS right now where any one of the missing could have left on their own and are adults. No one is arguing that they shouldn't be listed as missing or that they are adults and have the right to go missing. Even in cases where domestic violence is known to have occurred, people still look for the missing person. There is no assumption that they headed for a safe house and are avoiding contact with everyone, including law enforcement.

I haven't seen any credible evidence that LL had a master plan that she implemented. In my opinion, it is far more likely that she left the outpatient program and lost her way, either because of her mental health or because she was the victim of a crime. I also think there is a possibility that LL was lured away from the program by someone that offered to help her, but may not have had her best interests at heart.

I am curious to know if law enforcement is more suspicious about her disappearance because of all the rumors that have circulated about her running away. It seems that they are stepping up the investigation, so I have to wonder if they are concerned that someone might be circulating rumors to deflect from what really happened to LL?
    Very astute. I've been wondering the same. Law Enforcement appears to be in contact with individuals that are trying very hard to circulate rumors the Linnea is not in danger and just ran away. If I were a detective, I would wonder why that individual is determined to convince the public that the search for Linnea should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyze This View Post
    I completely agree with everything that you stated. In my opinion, the only thing that matters is finding LL (hopefully safe and sound). I especially agree with the part of your post that I bolded because I see no compelling evidence that any one theory is the only possible answer to the central question: where is Linnea? If, after a thorough investigation, law enforcement finds evidence that LL did leave on her own and is safe, then I have no problem accepting that outcome. But, as of right now, it would appear that law enforcement has not been able to determine to their satisfaction that LL is safe.

And, I agree - I do not think they have been able to determine that.

BBM - Stated well. While I have my own thoughts about it, I am ever mindful there really isn't enough to substantiate any one theory.

silentone & all of our new members...

I've kept track of some of the questions that I keep going over. I haven't really seen answers to any of them, but I easily might've missed the information.

Does anyone know how extensive the searches of wooded areas around where LL went missing have been? Are there any plans to search that area again?

I can't really get a good feel for how thickly wooded the area is by looking online, but if I recall a local had posted that it was pretty dense. Am I remembering that detail correctly?

I didn't see any mention of LL wearing jewelry when she went missing. Does anyone know if she was? A watch perhaps?

Did LL have any particular type of place that she would go to for quiet time or to think? Would she be drawn to water? Would she head for higher ground? Did she have a favorite hang out on or off campus?

Did LL have a roommate? Did she have a well rounded social life while at school?

It kind of bothers me that we don't know much about LL before her stay at Sutter. It's like there is a big gap between high school and Sutter, but it might just be me.

It kind of bothers me that we don't know much about LL before her stay at Sutter. It's like there is a big gap between high school and Sutter, but it might just be me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I'm trying to paint a picture in my head of LL and can't seem to because I don't know much about her life. I can understand the familie's need for privacy because of the sensitivity of the situation - I truly can, however; I sure would like to know a bit more about her history, including previous potential "mental" disorders (if anything at all,) her days prior to Sutter and the day she was released prior to outpatient.

I know that there seems to be people on both sides of the fence here and I'd like to say, that it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that if she is volunarily missing that it has nothing to do with abuse but could be as simple as difference of opinions or something she wants to handle solo, for now. I know that makes no sense considering she hasn't phoned them but we don't know the details of her life. People do run away over relationships, sexuality, addictions, etc. (NOT that I am convinced this is the case, just trying to think of all options.) I hope she's not as ill as portrayed - I just want her safe and healthy!
    "Everything is ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end."

Quote Originally Posted by fabvab View Post
    I didn't see where the poster said that they thought Linnea was fine. I am worried about her, but I have always been confused as to why she was reported as voluntarily missing. Maybe I read these forums too much, but my first reaction would have been that someone had kidnapped my daughter.
    If your daughter was suicidal, in the midst of a mental breakdown, is fresh out of a serious in-patient commitment you would still immediately think kidnapping? As someone who has a loved one who is mentally ill I never, ever think "kidnapping" first. I think they are somewhere committing suicide or passed out unconscious in the streets. When someone who is suicidal or severely depressed goes missing I think the first thought will naturally be, oh God they are ending it.
    It is a shame to me that that knee-jerk reaction-admitting she walked out by herself though possibly not in a healthy mindset-has pretty much tainted this entire case. I have literally never seen so much criticism for a family before like this for just wanting to know their daughter is alive and not dead somewhere. It is unreal to me and makes my heart hurt just thinking about it for them.

I am very happy the new LE is taking this seriously. It must be a comfort for them. Ideally, they will find her safe, warm, and chilling with friends

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast