Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Linnea Lomax, 19, Sacramento, 26 June 2012 - #3

7/26? Fox40 video: Sheriff: Missing Girl Still Alive

http://www.fox40.com/videogallery/71...rl-Still-Alive

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

For us at WS, this case is dead/lost/forgotten without new details/facts/info on the case. IMHO

We currently have five Verified Posters on the LL case, they are as follows:

DomCobb is a verified local/searcher/insider
    Ender is a verified insider/local
    trackinghounds is a verified insider
    AQuietHeart is verified as an insider
    Silentone is a verified insider

We seem to have lost a couple of Verified Posters or the first page has not been updated. ??

Trackinghounds has been active here - thank you - you seem genuinely concerned and somewhat haunted by this case - I hope you find the answers you need to reconcile what your hounds have relayed to you! Still curious why the other dogs were or handler was spooked by the river.

What update/info can the other verified insiders offer? Their silence here is deafening.

I continue to be concerned about the welfare of LL and her silence is confusing given all of the details we have been provided.
    MOO Please don't copy my posts and paste them outside of WS without first obtaining my permission. TY

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    For us at WS, this case is dead/lost/forgotten without new details/facts/info on the case. IMHO

We currently have five Verified Posters on the LL case, they are as follows:

DomCobb is a verified local/searcher/insider
    Ender is a verified insider/local
    trackinghounds is a verified insider
    AQuietHeart is verified as an insider
    Silentone is a verified insider

We seem to have lost a couple of Verified Posters or the first page has not been updated. ??

Trackinghounds has been active here - thank you - you seem genuinely concerned and somewhat haunted by this case - I hope you find the answers you need to reconcile what your hounds have relayed to you! Still curious why the other dogs were or handler was spooked by the river.

What update/info can the other verified insiders offer? Their silence here is deafening.

I continue to be concerned about the welfare of LL and her silence is confusing given all of the details we have been provided.
    All I can say is if I hear any news I will gladly pass it on to fellow members. As for "insiders" not posting, maybe they have nothing to add at this time or they could be busy helping to find Linnea in other ways.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

I wish that I had something to add, but there is nothing. There was a hopeful lead with a request for volunteers starting at 5 this morning, but it was confirmed that the person in question was not Linnea. Her parents are still earnestly searching. How can you give up as a parent? I don't even think that Craig has been home since the day she went missing. The volunteers have dwindled, but they still want to do what they can to follow every lead if any come in. Volunteers are passing out flyers at the State Fair in hopes that a visitor from somewhere might have seen her. Her parents are very discouraged and sad.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to silentone For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine how discouraged the family and friends must be at this juncture. They are all in my prayers. May Linnea be found safe and sound!

http://tribwekchron.com/wp-content/u...to-600x600.jpg

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silentone View Post
    I wish that I had something to add, but there is nothing. There was a hopeful lead with a request for volunteers starting at 5 this morning, but it was confirmed that the person in question was not Linnea. Her parents are still earnestly searching. How can you give up as a parent? I don't even think that Craig has been home since the day she went missing. The volunteers have dwindled, but they still want to do what they can to follow every lead if any come in. Volunteers are passing out flyers at the State Fair in hopes that a visitor from somewhere might have seen her. Her parents are very discouraged and sad.
    Thanks for coming here and letting us know what's going on. I can appreciate the fact that Linnea's parents are discouraged and sad, but I pray that they have the strength to continue to try and bring her to safety.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

7/30!!!! Sheriff holds press conference on missing Lomax

... [sheriff's statement] “Somebody out there has knowledge of where she is. We just want to make sure she’s OK.” ...

... A cell phone left behind by [LL] is also being focused on. ...

... [CL, LL's dad] also said that the family has not been able to speak with the organizations that were trying to help their daughter with her mental breakdown associated with studying for her finals at UC Davis. ...
    [????? I assume that means Sutter in-patient and out-patient facilities. If so, why not? What reason has Sutter given? I'll assume patient confidentiality issues. Has Sutter been open and clear with LE re LL's care? What can/must Sutter reveal to LE?]

... While unsure of [LL]’s state of mind, [sheriff] said the department is “taking the case so seriously. Any contact … we are looking forward to. I hope she hears this plea.” ...

http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/sheri...missing-lomax/
    Last edited by Quester; 07-29-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: tried, unsuccessfully, to add image

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

7/30!!!! Sheriff holds press conference on missing Lomax

... [sheriff's statement] “Somebody out there has knowledge of where she is. We just want to make sure she’s OK.” ...

... A cell phone left behind by [LL] is also being focused on. ...

... [CL, LL's dad] also said that the family has not been able to speak with the organizations that were trying to help their daughter with her mental breakdown associated with studying for her finals at UC Davis. ...
    [????? I assume that means Sutter in-patient and out-patient facilities. If so, why not? What reason has Sutter given? I'll assume patient confidentiality issues. Has Sutter been open and clear with LE re LL's care? What can/must Sutter reveal to LE?]

... While unsure of [LL]’s state of mind, [sheriff] said the department is “taking the case so seriously. Any contact … we are looking forward to. I hope she hears this plea.” ...

http://www.mtdemocrat.com/news/sheri...missing-lomax/
    Thanks for the link Quester. The Mountain Democrat's reporter may have mixed up a comment about not being able to get specific information about Linnea's condition from Sutter Health as not "speaking" to her parents. I'm sure that Sutter has spoken to them, but are unable by law to disclose very much. I would imagine that LE would be in the same situation until they give Sutter Health a subpoena that enables them to have access to Linnea's medical information.

The July 30, 2012 date is interesting as it's tomorrows date. Is it a mistake or does that mean this story will appear in tomorrows print edition?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RANCH For This Useful Post:

I know this is neither here nor there, but I am very angry about this case.

I don’t think we’ve been given an honest picture of the events leading up to LL’s “missing” status, her “mental illness”, the reason for her possibly having “voluntarily” left or any subsequent details.

Re event leading up to LL’s “missing” status: We haven’t heard one word from anyone close to LL during her school year at UCD. Not a roommate, suitemate, new friend from UCD, teacher, the UCD nurse, etc. Zip, zilch, nada!

Re “mental illness”: We haven’t been given anything to substantiate that LL was suffering from anything beyond possible anorexia, IMHO. Granted, anorexia is associated with concerning causes and the combination along with typical stressors during college finals week may be the reason for her in-patient stay, IMHO. Please correct me if I am wrong here – but, I’ve seen no substantiation of the following behaviors: “suicidal”, “unreasonable”, “paranoid”, “delusional”, etc, IMHO. There has been no corroboration of “mental illness” by LE at all, IMHO.

Re “voluntarily missing”: One thing that both Sac LE and EDC LE agree upon is that they both believe that LL is alive. Why is that? What info do they already have that leads them to state emphatically that they both think she is alive?

What medication was LL prescribed and, now that she is without, is threatening her life, as has been described?

Please LL team, help me and others, who are also concerned about LL’s welfare, to understand what’s going on in this very nonsensical case.

Nothing adds up!

Nothing makes sense!

Why doesn't it???
    MOO Please don't copy my posts and paste them outside of WS without first obtaining my permission. TY

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

We have heard from her father.....
    IMO

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    We have heard from her father.....
    Yes, he seems to be the media spokesperson / running the search for the family. What are your thoughts? TIA

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BethInAK View Post
    They let her leave because she is legally a mentally competent adult and they have no right not to let her leave. Declaring an adult as "incompetent" would not be possible in this case - my SIL is developmentally delayed - and unable to care for herself - this is "incompetent". A short term mental health crisis probably would not qualify. If she was deemed to be a danger to herself or others they could issue a temporary hold on her, but I'm guessing that since she was released that they did not consider herself an immediate danger to herself.
    I am familiar with mental health treatment facilities and clinics in my area, and how they work, including the state hospital. I don't know of any facility that allows the patients to come and go of their own free will, whether they're legally incompetent or not. Once they're signed into that facility by a doctor, they don't get to leave without the doctor signing a release. All the doors are locked and require a key to enter or exit, including doors to other areas of the clinic. They have a staff member with them 24/7 and the staff are all trained to use restraining methods should a situation become potentially dangerous.
    With any mental illness, you cannot predict what a person will do, and so most facilities treat every patient with the some degree of caution, even if they have never been considered at risk of harm to themselves or others.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by trackinghounds View Post
    I had some of the sames concerns over that day at the Clinic on Howe Ave. Did they have an open door policy? Did Linnea leave at lunch time? Around 1 pm, close to lunch. What did she do for lunch? Did anyone make arrangements to have lunch with her? Why if she was in such a distraught state would she be permitted to leave? And, no offense intended, but did her family know she could leave and if she was in such a tenuous state why didn't someone monitor her that day so if she did leave, then family would be outside?

So, I can only guess that perhaps she was not in such a distraught state of mind - but that is a guess on my part. She was doing better being cooperative - and she leaves because she made up her mind to leave, maybe someone said something at the Mental Health Clinic that she, that day, with no planning, left - and I believe called some one to pick her up.

So maybe she is having issues but not such terrible ones as is being circulated. That doesn't mean she is safe and not in danger - as I believe she is in danger and something untoward has happened to her.

I believe what TxLady2 is describing is inpatient protocol. Linnea was in an outpatient facility. As far as I know, that is completely voluntary.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Perhaps she wasn't that bad off that particular day - when I was searching with my dogs, a family member told me that she was delusional and paranoid. But I wondered how she could be considered "safe and suitable for out patient care" and be able to leave if she was that delusional - thinking people were out to kill her or get her in some bad way.

I'm not sure how Sutter Medical Center Works - maybe there was no provision for her to have lunch - she had no money or any other means. Be nice to know.

BBM - It's been difficult for me to separate what folks are saying based on when she went into Sutter from when she entered outpatient and to ascertain any degree of what they are saying about delusions, paranoia, etc. I think there surely must have been some significant changes. That's all I'm going to say about this on here so I don't get into trouble. I know it's private, but it's too bad we don't know what her doctors or therapists would say about where she was at at the end of her inpatient stay.

I'm not sure they would serve lunch in an outpatient setting. Someone could probably just call and ask them.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Perhaps she wasn't that bad off that particular day - when I was searching with my dogs, a family member told me that she was delusional and paranoid. But I wondered how she could be considered "safe and suitable for out patient care" and be able to leave if she was that delusional - thinking people were out to kill her or get her in some bad way.

I'm not sure how Sutter Medical Center Works - maybe there was no provision for her to have lunch - she had no money or any other means. Be nice to know.
    FWIW, I think your dogs were spot on, and she left in a car. I have no evidence or anything to support that, just a gut feeling.

I still think she is safe, but again, that's just based on my own opinion and life experience.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Where does one go for six weeks to hide out? I sure wouldn't know how to do this. I can't really imagine how she could be okay.
    Just my opinion, of course.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I hope you are right. I really do. But would she just let her family "stew" and LE devote effort etc. with all the search teams? Maybe.

Given the right circumstances, I believe yes. And no, I don't mean drugs.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I am familiar with mental health treatment facilities and clinics in my area, and how they work, including the state hospital. I don't know of any facility that allows the patients to come and go of their own free will, whether they're legally incompetent or not. Once they're signed into that facility by a doctor, they don't get to leave without the doctor signing a release. <snipped for space>
    Even when they're in outpatient? Wow... different from what I've seen locally but of course it could be true, I just thought it sounded extreme.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to nikb For This Useful Post:

I could do it, of course, being an adult with marketable skills - even if I was broke, I could probably still do it and not be found. Once when I was in my early twenties, I moved to Santa Barbara with only $50 in my pocket and got a job as a waitress and did just fine, rented a room in a boarding house, shared a bathroom, and thought nothing of it. No one knew where I was either. I wasn't hiding - I just wanted to move.

But I think perhaps that she is not a strong person with easily marketable skills - she broke under the stress of school so perhaps she cannot handle being on her own like this - and it seems she is not with old friends who probably would have called her family to reassure them - so where is she? I had this feeling that something was terribly wrong - I think her family feels this same urgency also.

But the best situation would be that she is fine - and that is the hope.
    Yes, pre-internet days, I could also have done it. But it is much more difficult now, to find cash-paying jobs, no social security activity, etc...
    Just my opinion, of course.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

FYI:

From the Sutter out-patient website that someone posted previously:

Q . What does “Partial Hospitalization Program” mean?

A . Sutter Center for Psychiatry’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a voluntary outpatient program designed to provide intensive group therapy throughout the day. PHP starts at 9:00am and ends at 3:15pm daily, Monday - Friday, with lunch, beverages, and healthy snacks provided. The primary treatment approach is group therapy and we engage in individual and family services throughout treatment as needed.

Above is somewhere on Sutter site, I only had the abbreviated link which was www.suttermedicalcenter.org/p...y/php-faqs.pdf - [broken link, WS keeps adding hyperlink to code]
    http://www.suttermedicalcenter.org

Also, and for what it's worth:

Quote Originally Posted by Magadelic2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester
    Mag - The info on shelters and like services that were distributed at Sutter in-patient, did they give the impression/assurance that one could live safely, with all basic living requirements covered, for a long period of time?
    Another good question--yes, they absolutely gave (me) the
    Impression I had lots of places to turn to if I needed it.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quester For This Useful Post:

That is very interesting. I looked at the Sutter Web Site on the mental health services but did not see that they gave lunch and snacks and they will help by providing information of alternative housing? etc?

Surely they don't know where LL is and is keeping it from her loved ones, those who are frantic to find her?
    I don't believe Sutter would really be involved if someone sought out a shelter after getting out of an inpatient or outpatient facility of theirs.

Also, since Linnea is an adult, I don't believe they would be at liberty to divulge confidential mental health information to Linnea's parents?

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to time For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    I am familiar with mental health treatment facilities and clinics in my area, and how they work, including the state hospital. I don't know of any facility that allows the patients to come and go of their own free will, whether they're legally incompetent or not. Once they're signed into that facility by a doctor, they don't get to leave without the doctor signing a release. All the doors are locked and require a key to enter or exit, including doors to other areas of the clinic. They have a staff member with them 24/7 and the staff are all trained to use restraining methods should a situation become potentially dangerous.
    With any mental illness, you cannot predict what a person will do, and so most facilities treat every patient with the some degree of caution, even if they have never been considered at risk of harm to themselves or others.
    Even an inpatient program cannot hold a patient against their will without legal proceedings. There were no legal proceedings here and this is an outpatient program.
    -Beth In Alaska

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

I know this is neither here nor there, but I am very angry about this case.

I don’t think we’ve been given an honest picture of the events leading up to LL’s “missing” status, her “mental illness”, the reason for her possibly having “voluntarily” left or any subsequent details.

Re event leading up to LL’s “missing” status: We haven’t heard one word from anyone close to LL during her school year at UCD. Not a roommate, suitemate, new friend from UCD, teacher, the UCD nurse, etc. Zip, zilch, nada!

Re “mental illness”: We haven’t been given anything to substantiate that LL was suffering from anything beyond possible anorexia, IMHO. Granted, anorexia is associated with concerning causes and the combination along with typical stressors during college finals week may be the reason for her in-patient stay, IMHO. Please correct me if I am wrong here – but, I’ve seen no substantiation of the following behaviors: “suicidal”, “unreasonable”, “paranoid”, “delusional”, etc, IMHO. There has been no corroboration of “mental illness” by LE at all, IMHO.

Re “voluntarily missing”: One thing that both Sac LE and EDC LE agree upon is that they both believe that LL is alive. Why is that? What info do they already have that leads them to state emphatically that they both think she is alive?

What medication was LL prescribed and, now that she is without, is threatening her life, as has been described?

Please LL team, help me and others, who are also concerned about LL’s welfare, to understand what’s going on in this very nonsensical case.

Nothing adds up!

Nothing makes sense!

Why doesn't it???
    There was evidence of delusional thinking that has been released by the family. Linnea believed that if she "failed" her family would die. She was in clear psychosis. What is so difficult is that the timeframe from the onset of obvious symptoms of a crisis to when Linnea went missing is rather short. That means that the people with the most information about her medical condition are the doctors and nurses at Sutter inpatient. They don't do TV interviews nor do they speak or blog to the public. The police and family, most likely have spoken to them. If Linnea signed a release when she was admitted, they can give information to the family (that's how it works in WA, not sure about CA). She may not have signed that release.

As far as Linnea's friends and others, I can't imagine them talking publicly about what they saw and their concerns without asking the family's permission first (just out of respect).

I don't think there is any doubt that Linnea is in danger. The question is what happened to her after she walked outside the outpatient facility?
    Last edited by AQuietHeart; 08-02-2012 at 06:37 PM. Reason: spelling

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AQuietHeart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    I don't believe Sutter would really be involved if someone sought out a shelter after getting out of an inpatient or outpatient facility of theirs.

Also, since Linnea is an adult, I don't believe they would be at liberty to divulge confidential mental health information to Linnea's parents?
    They would not unless she listed them as someone entitled to have confidential mental health information. My husband can't even have that kind of information about me, unless I sign a paper stating he can.
    -Beth In Alaska

50. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BethInAK For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast