Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    By the way, I was incorrect last night when I said they were near the Mississippi River. That's a different river. I'm not sure of the name.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

it's cedar river

older girl wearing flip flops with sesame street character on them

little girl mom thinks had on black high top tennis shoes

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinekenMan View Post
    Initially, I saw a last name Cook and then searched and found a few Cooks who live near the lake. Obviously, that's a common name. But I thought it was possible they had been staying with one of those people. Now they have changed the last name for one girl, and that strange quote indicates that they traveled a long way. But it's not clear where they started their trip, is it? I'm somewhat confused about that. I was anticipating that these girls were missing from their own neighborhood.
    I believe cook is a family name. Both girls were in the care of grandma who lives in evansdale. They have posted her name as both and her name as lyric and lyrica. Her name is lyric Morrisey.

According to this story, they were last spotted downtown. So they were never actually spotted in the area where their bikes were found.

http://www.radioiowa.com/2012/07/14/...day-afternoon/
    This is the first I've read of them being spotted downtown so i can't confirm or deny it. Evansdale is pretty small, you could cover the entire town on a bike but one of the moms did say she didn't think the girls would have gone that far.

I'll try and get more information on where they started their trip today. I'm headed out to join the search in just a bit.

I believe I may have found a facebook page for Lyric. Are we allowed to post it since she's a minor?

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

One girl was said to attend Poyner Elementary School. That school is in the vicinity of the lake. Grandma says they rode a long way. The distance between the lake and school is one mile. The two Cooks that I saw both live near the school, too. But we don't even know that Cook is the correct last name. The distance from the school to downtown also is about one mile. If they were spotted downtown, that means that they rode at least one mile. If we assume that they rode to the lake, they must have rode at least three miles (1 to downtown, 2 to the lake).
    I could find both schools named in Waterloo not by the lake..see my earlier post on pg 1. I wonder where grand mom lives.
    I wondered if they had been in contact with a school friend, perhaps an older boy. 12 year olds are at the age of boy crushes..
    I pray they are safe.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gracelin For This Useful Post:

https://www.facebook.com/events/496061437074360/

Facebook for the girls
    Bring Lyric & Elizabeth home

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gracelin For This Useful Post:

every link in this thread lists lyric cook as an 11-yr old - title of this thread lists her as 12.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jadejazzkayla For This Useful Post:

So, the two girls are cousins and they are "in the care of their grandmother "...is that just for the summer,or do they live with their grandmother full time ? Where are the children's parents ?

Also, has LE brought dogs to the place where their bikes were found ?

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gracelin View Post
    I could find both schools named in Waterloo not by the lake..see my earlier post on pg 1. I wonder where grand mom lives.
    I wondered if they had been in contact with a school friend, perhaps an older boy. 12 year olds are at the age of boy crushes..
    I pray they are safe.
    Poyner is at 1138 Central Ave., Evansdale, Iowa 50707. There is a Cook family three blocks to the west. But I have no idea whether there's even any relation. It's a different name than grandma. I'm not sure it's important to the case, anyway.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    So, the two girls are cousins and they are "in the care of their grandmother "...is that just for the summer,or do they live with their grandmother full time ? Where are the children's parents ?

Also, has LE brought dogs to the place where their bikes were found ?
    Yes loads of info on the face book link

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gracelin For This Useful Post:

This reminds me of when the little girl in Florida was missing (Nadia?) and her bike was found abandoned...many thought for sure she had been abducted, but she had left it there and continued on foot and was found 4-5 days later, still alive, amazingly enough.
    Just my opinion, of course.

21. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Facebook for the girls
    Bring Lyric & Elizabeth home
    So...the girls' mothers are sisters, and WC is their maternal grandmother.

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to HeinekenMan For This Useful Post:

Yes loads of info on the face book link
    TY...this does not sound good.Hoping that someone saw a vehicle,or the girls talking to someone before they vanished...

25. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

I don't know if the mothers are sisters..I'm popping in and out of here. In between Saturday chores.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gracelin For This Useful Post:

Lyric Morrisey is 10 and Elizabeth Collins is almost 9. Lyric is the daughter of Mysti Cook Morrisey and Dan Morrisey & Elizabeth is the Daughter of Drew Collins and Heather COOK Collins. You may know Drew and Heather from Johnsons Bakery & Planetary Tree Service. Both Families attend Vineyard Churches and are active in the community.

29. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Gracelin For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast