CT CT - Patricia Vaughan, 19, Fairfield, 15 May 1982

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs MP # 3292 - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3292/0/

Patricia Vaughan
(Not to be confused with Patty Inez Brightwell Vaughan of La Vernia TX)

Last Seen on May 15, 1982, in Fairfield Connecticut

Vital Stats
DOB: 17-May-1963
Age LKA: 19
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 65 inches (5 feet 5 inches)
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Piercings: Ears (non-specific)​

Prior Injuries:
Fractured arm, lower right.​

Circumstances of Disappearance
Unknown. Patricia's last known activity is believed to have been in Mathias WV.​

Identifiers:
Dentals: Available (All 32 teeth present, no restorations, lower wisdom teeth 17 & 32 impacted)
DNA: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available​

Contact Information:

Connecticut State Police, Bridgeport CT (203) 696-2500
Case # H94064394
Date Reported: July 27, 1995​

If anyone has a photo of Patricia or additional details of her disappearance, please post them here.

They finally added a couple of photos of Patricia to her NamUs casefile:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3292/20

2797066170045078242S425x425Q85.jpg
2256230750045078242S425x425Q85.jpg

Carl,

Did you ever hear back from Patricia's sister when I thought she could have been a possible match to the girl found in 1982 in Fredrick MD?

No, she never responded. But I didn't mention the Frederick Jane Doe in my message to her. I just asked if she had a photo that she could provide for Patricia's NamUs page and/or any additional info regarding the circumstances of her disappearance.

It could be that is how NamUs got the photo of her. She might have sent the photo to the NamUs case manager instead of responding to me. But there are no additional details indicated in the "Circumstances" section.

But looking at her teeth compared to the skull of the Jane Doe in the steamer trunk, it is pretty clear that they aren't one-in-the-same.

Interesting - Looking in Veromi.net, I found a Patricia Ann B----, AKA Patricia Ann Van with the same birthdate (17-May-1963). Several cities are listed, including Columbus GA, Redondo Beach CA, Playa Del Rey CA, and several others.

Coincidence?

Interesting - Looking in Veromi.net, I found a Patricia Ann B----, AKA Patricia Ann Van with the same birthdate (17-May-1963). Several cities are listed, including Columbus GA, Redondo Beach CA, Playa Del Rey CA, and several others.

Coincidence?

I looked for her and couldn't find it on veromi.net...

I looked for her and couldn't find it on veromi.net...

http://www.veromi.net/processor.asp

at the site linked above, enter her first name "Patricia", last name "Van", and her DOB. She should be the only person who shows up in the results.

I live only a few miles from Redondo Beach and Playa Del Rey, but Columbus GA is the first on the list, so that is probably where she lives now.

Wow. I grew up in this town and never heard of her. I'll have to see if anyone I know knows anything.

So she wasn't reported missing until 1995? I wonder if graduation was the last day she was seen.

Also, looking into Mathias, WV where her last known activity may have been… (I have NO idea what that even means) There is nothing there. A post office, a church and a few houses! It's just south of someplace called "Lost City" and that's pretty telling.

What on earth could she have been doing there? In 1980 the population of the COUNTY that Mathias is in was only 10k people.

I just thought of something. I wonder if she went to church youth group. There is a popular youth group in town (that has a history of accepting people of any faith or even no faith) that has been sending 100s of teens to Appalachia on service trips since 1978 and rural West Virginia is usually one of the options. Maybe she met someone the previous summer and had kept in touch?

Keeping a fellow Nutmegger on the first page.

"Last known activity" sounds to me like it would probably mean the last time there was activity against her credit cards, SSN, maybe a traffic ticket? Something that would indicate she was there and alive without actually being somebody talking to her or anything like that.

Which makes me wonder about the Mercer County WV UID: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11479, found in 1991 but possibly there for 10 years. She's estimated at 5'7" to Patricia's 5'5". The UID is estimated somewhat older.

Google maps says it's about 3.5 hours drive from Mathias WV to where the UID was found (approximate address): https://goo.gl/maps/6Er6K

I'm trying to work up the courage to make some cold calls/inquiries regarding Patricia. There are a number of "You grew up in Fairfield…" groups on Facebook as well as the church youth group I want to inquire with, I just have to get up the chutzpah.

Jane Doe No. 6 from Long Island?
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20161224_001642.jpg
    20161224_001642.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 60

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics