Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

Reaction from town to the murders:

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...i/-/index.html

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BeginnersLuck For This Useful Post:

thanks for joining this thread, prayforthefamilies & kcmom. I'm so sorry this awful thing happened to your acquaintances......but am so glad to have your perspective.

I have to admit that I've mainly been following this case sporadically and hadn't realized that he must have had a ride to Britny's house.....there must be more to come.

What an awful thing to happen....

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blondie in Spokane For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    So Britny, her fiance and girls lived next to the perp in the apts just a few weeks ago till they moved to the house. He lived with his mother there, but was arrested at the apt of his xgf (mother of his child) in Parkville. Maybe he was obsessed with Brit?....and I'm sure the drugs didn't help his rational thinking. She may have been friendly and he took it the wrong way. Bet he knew from their conversations exactly where she was moving. This could possibly have been prevented if they just would have locked the doors. Ugh.

How did he get there to their house? Dropped off? Hitchhiked?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

I simply assumed that he had been in Edgerton on a drug binge and decided to walk to the girls' house.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KCMom View Post
    Ok, I joined this forum just because I desperately wanted to comment on this case. I am from Edgerton. I know the parties involved in this so I can answer a few of the questions you all have asked and clear up a few things to the best of my knowledge.

How did Cliff Miller know the girls? They (at least Britny) used to live next to him in Trimble. The towns of Edgerton & Trimble, and all of the surrounding small communities are VERY small and VERY close knit. Edgerton has a pop. of 500 people and Trimble is even smaller. Everyone knows everyone. It is typical small town America. So... even if my facts are wrong and they didn't live next door to each other before Britny moved to Edgerton it doesn't matter because everyone knows everyone.

Here is my question... Trimble is 8 miles from Edgerton. Cliff could have walked to Edgerton but it's unlikely in my opinion knowing the area. So, how did he get to the girls' house? He left in the white truck and there has been no mention of his mode of transport to get there in the first place. The rumors have been flying (like they do in small towns) that there was someone else involved (maybe 2 people) and Cliff, though he was involved, is possibly covering up for someone. A person he was (possibly???) covering up for has the initials BT. Though nothing has come out in the media I have heard from several people in Edgerton that someone else has been arrested. If you look at the Platte Co. jail inmate list as of this evening there is a person with those initials BT who was booked today. ***I know the person's name, just trying to protect privacy since I don't have any proof at all.

is it #2032 here http://plattesheriff.org/detention/detention-population

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Parkville to Edgerton, as those who know KCMO know, is a distance. Even if he walked to 29/71 and got to Platte City, he still had quite a distance to get in to Edgerton from Platte City. He must have gotten a ride? Was he already there, visiting someone? This case is so sad, those poor babies without their mothers.

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing

Quote Originally Posted by davehead21 View Post
    I simply assumed that he had been in Edgerton on a drug binge and decided to walk to the girls' house.
    That is definitely possible. He has a lot of friends in Edgerton. It is just strange to me that no one has talked about how he got there in the first place. If he was already there that would be a prime media story. You know the media would be interviewing the people he had stayed the night with.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KCMom For This Useful Post:

I am also a local and have heard some of these rumors. Even if he was partying at a house in Edgerton, I would think he would have had to get a ride from where the truck was left. Unless he just walked back to someone's house that he knew. I guess the four-five mile walk is completely possible but I'd think someone would have noticed that.
    Last edited by AA_Mom; 07-17-2012 at 02:44 PM.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AA_Mom For This Useful Post:

Thank you for sharing a local perspective KCMom and
    Miller's story hasn't made sense to me from day one. Besides the issue of transportation, I question what he says about killing Ashley, then going into the bedroom and killing Britny.

I just don't see a confrontation as to why he was in their home, then a struggle and him beating Ashley until she was still (likely unconscious), as being quiet. Britny slept through all of that? I guess it's possible, but I really think there were two perps in that house. Forensics are going to tell the true story in this case. I hope both of the girls have DNA under their fingernails.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the welcome, Knox. I agree 100% with what you are saying. That has been my question all along. How did he get where he was going by himself and how did he accomplish everything he is stating without waking anyone in the house up? He is also the type of person that would cover for a friend. I know it is strange to say that, in light of the circumstances, but even though this horrific crime was committed, I still believe he would cover it up if a good friend of his was also involved and take the full fall. I have noticed there hasn't been any local media coverage of it today either. Wonder if a new story is going to break tomorrow?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KCMom For This Useful Post:

KCMom, do you know if BT is from Edgerton or Trimble? Did you say he is a friend of Miller's?

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    KCMom, do you know if BT is from Edgerton or Trimble? Did you say he is a friend of Miller's?
    That I do not know. I do not know BT and the friends I have asked do not know him either but his name came up in several conversations before I checked it out on the Platte Co inmate list. Also, I have heard from several other people very close to this that there definitely was someone else involved even though they didn't say who. It is possible that he lives Trimble or is new to Edgerton but I honestly have no idea. None of my facebook friends are friends with anyone who has that name but it is of course possible that he doesn't have a facebook. Like I said, everyone up there knows everyone so the fact that no one seems to know him makes me think he doesn't live there. He definitely did not grow up in Edgerton if he is around the same age as Cliff or I would know him. That's why I didn't post his name or anything... it could just be rumors and a coincidence. I don't want to be spreading rumors on the net if this guy has nothing to do with this.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KCMom For This Useful Post:

That I do not know. I do not know BT and the friends I have asked do not know him either but his name came up in several conversations before I checked it out on the Platte Co inmate list. Also, I have heard from several other people very close to this that there definitely was someone else involved even though they didn't say who. It is possible that he lives Trimble or is new to Edgerton but I honestly have no idea. None of my facebook friends are friends with anyone who has that name but it is of course possible that he doesn't have a facebook. Like I said, everyone up there knows everyone so the fact that no one seems to know him makes me think he doesn't live there. He definitely did not grow up in Edgerton if he is around the same age as Cliff or I would know him. That's why I didn't post his name or anything... it could just be rumors and a coincidence. I don't want to be spreading rumors on the net if this guy has nothing to do with this.
    Certainly not, that would be against TOS.

Interesting to note though; there is no record of his current arrest on the court website. He does have prior cases. One with an addy in KC, couple of others in Riverside which are the most recent (2011). DOB is 1983.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

That is definitely possible. He has a lot of friends in Edgerton. It is just strange to me that no one has talked about how he got there in the first place. If he was already there that would be a prime media story. You know the media would be interviewing the people he had stayed the night with.
    Like I said, it was totally an assumption on my part and we all know what is said about those....haha.

I'm not so sure that people in the drug culture would be quick to give interviews to the media, especially if the people he stayed with were doing meth with him.

I'm glad you're here KCMom, as well as the other locals!!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the welcome, Knox. I agree 100% with what you are saying. That has been my question all along. How did he get where he was going by himself and how did he accomplish everything he is stating without waking anyone in the house up? He is also the type of person that would cover for a friend. I know it is strange to say that, in light of the circumstances, but even though this horrific crime was committed, I still believe he would cover it up if a good friend of his was also involved and take the full fall. I have noticed there hasn't been any local media coverage of it today either. Wonder if a new story is going to break tomorrow?
    I've also noticed that there has been almost zero mention of it on local news today. I found that VERY strange.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

The "second guy" mentioned above does have a facebook... there isn't much on it, though. He's not fb friends with either of the girls.

BT?

I checked his records online and he had a warrant out of for him for probation/parole violation. I know relatives of the girls and no one has said anything about anyone else being involved. I'm sure the investigation is still ongoing....so so sad...

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to southern_69 For This Useful Post:

I know it comes up in many cases- how could someone sleep through that?- but, with all the people I have known who are either heavy sleepers, take sleep aids, have the tv on, or fans running, or a combination, I do believe it is possible. What I do find hard to fathom is that he could pull off quietly removing two bodies from the house, in broad daylight, with no help. Jmo

KC, I know exactly what you are saying about the loyalty. IMO, men who think the way he confessed to thinking, objectify women. There is no need for loyalty to an object. But a fellow druggie is another story. At first , anyway. Once the reality of the consequences starts to set in, it seems they can't rat each other out fast enough. Just my opinion. Time will tell, I guess.

I also wanted to say that i doubt a locked door would have prevented this. If he was not deterred by the presence of an unexpected person, i have my doubts he would have been deterred by a locked door. Just moo again, but seems to me perps get by locked doors all the time.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ShyViolet For This Useful Post:

Welcome KCMom. I am local also (my oldest granddaughter goes to school in Edgerton) and Sheriff Anderson lives down the road from me (altho I do not know him). Have a cousin who lives on County Line Rd near where some of this took place. It is indeed a small community where everybody knows everyone or someone who does.

My hubby is former LE and while the story may not make sense right now you have to remember that LE is not going to release all the info they may know at this time. If others are involved they may want them to think they are off the hook and maybe they will slip up and make a mistake so LE can arrest them.

Just my 2 cents.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaisyBill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBill View Post
    Welcome KCMom. I am local also (my oldest granddaughter goes to school in Edgerton) and Sheriff Anderson lives down the road from me (altho I do not know him). Have a cousin who lives on County Line Rd near where some of this took place. It is indeed a small community where everybody knows everyone or someone who does.

My hubby is former LE and while the story may not make sense right now you have to remember that LE is not going to release all the info they may know at this time. If others are involved they may want them to think they are off the hook and maybe they will slip up and make a mistake so LE can arrest them.

Just my 2 cents.
    I agree.... it just hit so close to home that I am obsessed with knowing all of the details. You just never imagine that it can happen to people you know. It is terrifying and I think I will just feel better when some of my questions are answered. Does that make sense? I just can't wrap my head around this at all...

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KCMom For This Useful Post:

I am not a frequent poster so please let me know if I am breaking any rules by posting this. It is the probably cause statement and it talks about an "associate" that Cliff claims picked him up from the property where he left the women and supposedly the guns.

http://media.kshb.com/NWT/pdf/Cliffo...bableCause.PDF

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AA_Mom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AA_Mom View Post
    I am not a frequent poster so please let me know if I am breaking any rules by posting this. It is the probably cause statement and it talks about an "associate" that Cliff claims picked him up from the property where he left the women and supposedly the guns.

http://media.kshb.com/NWT/pdf/Cliffo...bableCause.PDF
    BT might be the person Miller gave the guns to sell.

What did Miller take out of the house in the diaper bag? The bloody towel?

Thank you for linking the probable cause statement AA_Mom. It's difficult to read the horrific details of the last moments of Ashley and Britny's lives. Even after all the cases I've read here, it's still hard to believe this kind of evil lives among us.

My thoughts are with their loved ones.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

I agree.... it just hit so close to home that I am obsessed with knowing all of the details. You just never imagine that it can happen to people you know. It is terrifying and I think I will just feel better when some of my questions are answered. Does that make sense? I just can't wrap my head around this at all...
    I understand. It is hard to think that such tragedy could happen in our small towns. I remember, very well, in 1977 the murder of a 14 year old local girl in PC. Went to school with her older brother/sisters and she was best friends with my future sis-in-law. I knew the murderer, too. He had always given me the creeps long before he killed. There was always speculation then too, that he had help from his father (after he killed her) but LE could never prove it. Hope that will not be the case this time and if others are involved (in any way, before or after) they will get them.

Britny Marie Haarup

Britny Marie Haarup, 19, a resident of Edgerton, MO died unexpectedly on Friday, July 13, 2012. She was born November 24, 1992 in St. Joseph, MO. Britny graduated from Park Hill South High School and was currently attending college.

Britny was an extremely bright young lady. She was both strong willed and strong minded. She embraced motherhood and every decision she made was based around what would be best for her children. Britny had a true zest for life and will be missed but not forgotten by all who knew her.

http://www.meyersfuneralchapel.com/n...-marie-haarup/

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Ashley Lynn Key

Ashley Lynn Key, 22, a resident of Edgerton, MO died unexpectedly on Friday, July 13, 2012. She was born November 9, 1989 in San Antonio, TX. Ashley was a graduate of Park Hill South High School.

Her beautiful smile and love for life will forever be in our hearts. Her daughter, Nevaeh, will now have her true Guardian Angel watching over her. Ashley’s love and memory will always be with the many family and friends who she leaves behind. She will be dearly missed.

http://www.meyersfuneralchapel.com/n...hley-lynn-key/

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast