Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

He admitted he was high on Meth and went to their residence. He entered, intended to have sex with Britny. Had never done it before but was attracted to her.

He was surprised to see Ashley there. She challenged him as to why he was there. He decided he had to get rid of her.

Began to punch and beat her until she quit moving. Then smothered her.
    “It's all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It's like you've met your reason to live.”
    -- Johnny Depp

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

After that, his intentions changed and he had to kill Britny. He picked up a blunt object and hit her and then smothered her as well. Her baby was asleep with her. He moved the baby to the same room as the other child. Smoked some more meth while in residence and then cleaned up the blood and removed the bodies to the pick up truck in the back of the house. He also took the guns and put them in the truck as well.
    “It's all kinds of these profound things crashing on you when your child arrives into the world. It's like you've met your reason to live.”
    -- Johnny Depp

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

clifford Miller high on meth, wanted sex with Britney, went there to have sex, when he went to the house he was surprised so see Ashley there, Ashley challenged him as why he was there. He thought he was going to get into trouble so he beat Ashley and smothered her with a pill. After miller killed Ashley his intention to sexually assault Britney he went in and hit her with a blunt object then smothered her also.

He put the babies in the same crib, smoked more meth, took the guns, put the bodies in the truck. Miller believes he was in the home for one hour. He drove the truck and dumped the bodies.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

It is very rare that we hear why, when, and how so soon after a murder.

He believes he was in the home for 1 hour. He drove the truck to a farm and dumped both bodies on the farm. He then drove the truck to his residence where he changed clothes and showered. Knew he needed to hide and needed money. Contacted friend and asked him to sell the guns. He later disposed of some of the guns and they are still looking for them. Bodies were recovered and were identified by tattoos and body jewelry. Were wrapped in bedding that was described.
    -- Johnny Depp

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

Charged with 2 counts of first degree murder. Killed them after deliberating by striking and suffocating them.
    -- Johnny Depp

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

Still unsure as to if they will seek death penalty. Held on half million dollar bond.
    -- Johnny Depp

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

Father is up now and is very shaken up. So sad. He is thanking law enforcement.
    -- Johnny Depp

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

OMGosh!

This poor dad.

heartbreaking,

fran

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilingSweetly View Post
    Still unsure as to if they will seek death penalty. Held on half million dollar bond.
    If this isn't a DP case, I don't know what is. Maybe some Public Defender will say he wasn't right in the head. The meth made him do it. Geez.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

My daughters were very wonderful people. Their short lives will not be forgotten. Because of this situation, we have been sentenced to life to ensure their children know how special their mothers were.

Statements were made about my daughter Ashley by myself about running with the wrong crowd. The reason she was at my other daughter's house was because she decided she needed to lead a good life for her daughter. She was attempting to protect her sister and (he said something about a dark shadow upon Ashley basically that there shouldn't be one).

From this day on - we will not wear black. We are not grieving, we want this to be a colorful remembrance of two amazing lives. Whatever color you've got.

That is all he has. He will work with the media if they have questions later. They have been a great tool. The family has decisions to make so give them a few days.
    -- Johnny Depp

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    If this isn't a DP case, I don't know what is. Maybe some Public Defender will say he wasn't right in the head. The meth made him do it. Geez.
    I agree!
    -- Johnny Depp

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

Questions:

Was arrested with girlfriend.

Do not think there is anyone else involved at this time.

Will not go into how he knew the victims.

One of the objects was something he took off of a table (heavy), other object was a wooden stick of some kind with a finish. Perhaps a table leg, something like that.

Children are fine and very well cared for.

Neither of the victims were sexually assaulted, to their knowledge, before killed. After assaulting one of the victims, the defendant attempted to sexually assault her but says he did not.
    -- Johnny Depp

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

Believe he did attempt to sell guns and gave one to someone to sell. Recovered one so far and have good leads on where the others are. If someone comes across them, they would appreciate their assistance.

Clarified that he attempted to sexually assault Britny after he attacked her.

Multiple people contacted them, including someone who called about seeing him in the truck and someone who was given the gun.
    -- Johnny Depp

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SmilingSweetly For This Useful Post:

Suspect went to home to attempt to have sex with Britny, he did not expect to find Ashley there. He was high on meth. After he killed Ashley he realized he had to kill britny. he is the one that put the babies together. he cleaned up , smoked meth in the house, stole the guns, cleaned up and moved the bodies to the truck. He took the bodies to the field. He was seen driving the truck and tried to sell the guns. The girls were beaten and then smothered. He is being charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder. They are looking for three guns. This is the suspect if i am allowed to list it:
    https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb/...od=getOffender
    Last edited by Carmen29; 07-16-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmen29 For This Useful Post:

No resistance during arrest.

Meth is an awful drug. It does terrible, terrible things. Under Missouri law, being under the influence of any drug or alcohol is not a defense.
    -- Johnny Depp

Meth or any substances abuse is not a defense in MO law so stated in the press conference

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Wow. So horrific. Ashley was defending her younger sister and the babies. Thoughts for their family and their precious babies.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Double LY For This Useful Post:

Wow...worse than I expected...

What surprised me the most was that Miller is the one who put the babies together.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to norest4thewicked For This Useful Post:

That was absolutely gut wrenching to watch. Their poor father looked like he was about ready to pass out and it looked like they had to get him a chair. After following so many cases, it's difficult for watching a press conference to make me cry....but this did it. So heartbreaking. Lots of prayers for this family.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to davehead21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Wow...worse than I expected...

What surprised me the most was that Miller is the one who put the babies together.
    It gives me the creeps to know those babies were in that house. And thanks for letting me know that MO won't put up with the drug/alcohol defense.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to southsleuth For This Useful Post:

Omg that is one messed-up guy. DP for certain. I'm just thankful the family can put them to rest and at least they know what happened and why.
    Jmo kseal07

Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.
    --Mark Twain

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kseal07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndiLA View Post
    What made me think jail was the phrase, "when I think of how long I'll be away for." dunno why, but jail was my first thought when I read that.
    I haven't read all the way to the end of this thread, so not sure if anyone has caught this, but? the post in question is actually the lyrics from a Staind song titled Zoe Jane. Verbatim. Alot of kids in that age group post song lyrics randomly like that - my nephews and nieces do it daily
    Always do the right thing. It will gratify some, and astound others...

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tammy N For This Useful Post:

This seems to contradict the PC

I thought Key was killed last?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19035060/...gerton-sisters

When he entered the house he was surprised to find Key asleep on the couch, authorities said. When she woke up she challenged his presence. Authorities said Miller began to punch Key and beat her, then he smothered her with a pillow.

After he killed Key, authorities said, he then went to Haarup's bedroom and hit her with a blunt object and proceeded to smother her with a pillow. He then smoked more meth, authorities said.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast