821 users online (112 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY Times: Paterno Won Sweeter Deal Even as Scandal Played Out

I thought it could hardly get any worse.

But apparently it does.

JP didn't just cover up child rape, he attempted to profit from it when things started to get hot.

From the article:

Mr. Paterno was to be paid $3 million at the end of the 2011 season if he agreed it would be his last. Interest-free loans totaling $350,000 that the university had made to Mr. Paterno over the years would be forgiven as part of the retirement package. He would also have the use of the university’s private plane and a luxury box at Beaver Stadium for him and his family to use over the next 25 years.

Mr. Paterno quickly issued a statement saying, in effect, that the board need not act, that he would resign at the end of the season. Neither he nor the university revealed that he had effectively agreed to do so already, in return for an expensive financial package.

At a board of trustees news conference Friday, Karen B. Peetz, the board’s chairwoman, made clear that the issue would not be revisited. “Contracts are contracts,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/14/sp...pagewanted=all

$350K in interest free loans? WTH did he use those for?
    Last edited by IzzyBlanche; 07-14-2012 at 03:10 AM.
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

JoPa and the Paterno family continue to show the world what is important to them the $$$$$$............we should believe them. The Freeh Report confirms this.

Our very own forum. Awesome. Thanks to whomever is responsible.

Here's my favorite part:

In the end, the board of trustees — bombarded with hate mail and threatened with a defamation lawsuit by Mr. Paterno’s family — gave the family virtually everything it wanted, with a package worth roughly $5.5 million. Documents show that the board even tossed in some extras that the family demanded, like the use of specialized hydrotherapy massage equipment for Mr. Paterno’s wife at the university’s Lasch Building, where Mr. Sandusky had molested a number of his victims.
    The Paternos used nothing short of strong-armed tactics to get what that wanted. The BOT had to acquiesce to their demands or risk the danger of riots. Another example of lack of institutional control.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
    Our very own forum. Awesome. Thanks to whomever is responsible.

Here's my favorite part:

The Paternos used nothing short of strong-armed tactics to get what that wanted. The BOT had to acquiesce to their demands or risk the danger of riots. Another example of lack of institutional control.
    Paterno's are making a grab for everything they can get before the onion is peeled completely and the BOT is completely new!

Paterno was a greedy hypocrite. How much did the BOT raise student fees and tuition to 'cover his azz?

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Paterno was vile. His family is vile.

I didn't think they could look any worse. Ugh.

I guess the family wasn't happy with just the money-they wanted the use of the private jet to..Did they all coach PS to-JK

That statue of Paterno needs to come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    That statue of Paterno needs to come down.
    Yes, that seems like a reasonable thing to do. I wonder, do you think at this time the statue is under guard from anyone or group that would do it harm now?

I have to say if I were on PSU campus now I might be taking the duct tape and blindfold to the statue and do a little decorating to Coach's mouth and eyes. And, of course I would use Websleuths Bail Service once I was arrested.

Websleuths does have a bail service for members, doesn't it?
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    Yes, that seems like a reasonable thing to do. I wonder, do you think at this time the statue is under guard from anyone or group that would do it harm now?

I have to say if I were on PSU campus now I might be taking the duct tape and blindfold to the statue and do a little decorating to Coach's mouth and eyes. And, of course I would use Websleuths Bail Service once I was arrested.

It is under guard. I don't have a link but I read it somewhere online yesterday.

PSU still showing its priorities.
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

Angry

Gets more disturbing. Looks bad for Joe Paterno.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post

Not that I have heard-but I would be the first to contribute to your release-LOL

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/14/us/pen...html?hpt=hp_t1

"Contracts are contracts," Board of Trustees Chair Karen Peetz said Friday during a trustee meeting in Scranton, Pennsylvania. "And no there's no plan to (change) that."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...ate-mural?lite

After removing the halo, Pilato painted a blue ribbon over the chest of the late coach’s image.
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Yeah look at how he supported victims of child abuse..... he walked away and let a child predator use PSU.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast