896 users online (138 members and 758 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - O'Dina Jeanette Lucero, 18, Roswell, 10 Aug 1979

NamUs MP # 15070 - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15070/0/

O'Dina Jeanette Lucero

Last Seen on August 10, 1979, in Roswell, Chaves County, New Mexico

Vital Stats
    DOB: 09-Oct-1960
    Age LKA: 18
    Ethnicity: Caucasian
    Height: 64 inches (5 feet 4 inches)
    Weight: 100 lbs.
    Hair: Brown, Shoulder Length
    Eye Color: Brown

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Staying with mother's brother and father's side of family. Went to a convenience store and never returned.

Identifiers:
    Dentals: Not Available (One canine tooth is capped)
    DNA: Sample Submitted, Test Not Complete
    Fingerprints: Not Available

Contact Information:

Corporal Ryan Smith
    rsmith@cityofmillvalley.org
    Mill Valley Police Department, Mill Valley CA
    Tel: (415) 389-4100
    Case # MV12-642
    Date Reported: May 31, 2012

Major Matt Burgess
    mburgess@livingston.ny.us
    Livingston County Sheriff, Geneseo NY
    Tel: (727) 549-6067 x130
    Case # CN1996-665
    Date Reported: May 31, 2012
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-14-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Apparently, she is being looked at as a possible match to the 1979 Caledonia Jane Doe.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

Major Matt Burgess is the detective in charge of Cali's case, and it seems that there is no other reason why he would be listed as a contact for a New Mexico missing person case.

She somewhat fits the description of Cali and was last seen exactly three months before Cali's body was found. She would have been 19 years old at the time that Cali was found, and at 5'3", she is within an inch of Cali's height. Her eye color and hair description also match.

However, if the comment that one of O'Dina's canine teeth was capped is correct, then she wouldn't be Cali, as Cali had no caps on any of her teeth.

If anyone has any photos of O'Dina Lucero, or any additional details of the circumstances of her dissapearance, please post them here.

Also, if anyone can find out where she went to high school please let me know, as that might enable me to locate her photo in her high school yearbook.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-14-2012 at 02:14 PM.

I could find a Jeanette Lucero in the West Mesa HS (Albuquerque, NM) yearbook in 1974, but no one with the name O'Dina.

FYI, there were a lot of Lucero entries in NM and CA.

I wonder if she may have gone by her middle name?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by traacker13 View Post
    I wonder if she may have gone by her middle name?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I'm thinking, too.

I sure can't find anything about this girl, so if no one has done it yet, I'll put in a call to a librarian in Roswell to see what articles they might have archived. Maybe one of those articles will include a photo.

I'm not sure why the Mill Valley CA Police Dept is involved in her case, but if she lived there at some point, she didn't attend the local High School there (Tamalpais HS).

I called Tamalpais HS to see if she attended there. They don't have a transcript for her.

I also called the school district office in Roswell NM, but they were not willing to divulge any info on their students.

I have an old 1994 Nationwide telephone directory on CD, and I found 43 people in Roswell NM with the surname Lucero. I didn't think that Lucero was that common of a name, but apparently there are quite a few in Roswell.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I'm not sure why the Mill Valley CA Police Dept is involved in her case, but if she lived there at some point, she didn't attend the local High School there (Tamalpais HS).

I called Tamalpais HS to see if she attended there. They don't have a transcript for her.

I also called the school district office in Roswell NM, but they were not willing to divulge any info on their students.
    I saw a Jeanette Lucero in a yearbook from Mission Viejo, CA. But that isn't anywhere near Mill Valley, CA.

I've called a librarian friend of mine in Roswell. Tomorrow she'll look to see if there is anything in their archives about this missing girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynilpa View Post
    I saw a Jeanette Lucero in a yearbook from Mission Viejo, CA. But that isn't anywhere near Mill Valley, CA.

I've called a librarian friend of mine in Roswell. Tomorrow she'll look to see if there is anything in their archives about this missing girl.
    You might want to ask your friend if they have any of the 1975-1978 yearbooks for the two local high schools in Roswell (Goddard HS and Roswell HS). Classmates.com doesn't have either of those schools' yearbooks for any of those years.

You might want to ask your friend if they have any of the 1975-1978 yearbooks for the two local high schools in Roswell (Goddard HS and Roswell HS). Classmates.com doesn't have either of those schools' yearbooks for any of those years.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure and ask her about.

Unfortunately, my friend at the Roswell Library was unable to find anything about O'Dina Jeanette Lucero:

"I looked for her in Goddard HS year books from1976, 1977, 1979. She is not in them. We do not have copies of the Roswell High year books for those years. You may want to contact the Roswell Independent School District to see if they might have copies.

I also went though the paper from August 10, 1979 August 31, 1979 and there are no articles about a missing person in them."

Sorry this didn't lead to anything helpful.

I just received a call from the Mill Valley PD. The detective indicated that O'Dina had no personal connection to Mill Valley. Apparently, there is a relative of hers who now lives in Mill Valley, and Major Burgess (of the Livingston County NY Sheriff) asked them to contact and interview that person and report back to him.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.

So was O'Dina ever submitted or ruled out as a possible for Cali?

I don't see her as a rule out at NamUs but maybe somebody has personal notes?

I sure wish there was a picture of O'Dina.

CarlK, Is the capped tooth comment something that was told to you by phone or is there a site that discusses it? I only ask because NamUs has her as no dentals available, but that does not mean no information could be provided either. Not doubting you, of course, just trying to clarify. Thank you.
    Last edited by dsntslp; 05-04-2013 at 08:31 PM.

I have an old 1994 Nationwide telephone directory on CD, and I found 43 people in Roswell NM with the surname Lucero. I didn't think that Lucero was that common of a name, but apparently there are quite a few in Roswell.

Lucero is common Hispanic surname in New Mexico.

Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by dsntslp View Post
    So was O'Dina ever submitted or ruled out as a possible for Cali?

I don't see her as a rule out at NamUs but maybe somebody has personal notes?

I sure wish there was a picture of O'Dina.

CarlK, Is the capped tooth comment something that was told to you by phone or is there a site that discusses it? I only ask because NamUs has her as no dentals available, but that does not mean no information could be provided either. Not doubting you, of course, just trying to clarify. Thank you.
    Bumping

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast