Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunStrong View Post
    WARNING!!! DO NOT open this if you have a weak stomach!! This guide shows a body in all different stages of decomposition as well as a body that has suffered different types of deaths. It is NOT for the faint of heart!

This is a guide to Injury and Death Investigations and is very graphic. If you can manage to block out the horrendous photographs as i did there is some very interesting information here about how an investigation is completed.

If this is too graphic please feel free to delete it.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/site...on10e_ch09.pdf
    You know after looking at that hand injury from a defensive knife wound...

I was leaning towards 3 self inflicted wounds to cover up his crime...
    Now I am really thinking maybe she did get him good.
    I really just don't know now!
    That remains to be seen!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post

That remains to be seen!
    I don't know either! I have only based my opinion on the fact that so few women have stabbed their attackers in this way to the number of attackers have faked injuries to prove an alibi. In his case an alibi to account for what wounds she did inflict.

The finger injury, if there is one, it is what puts me on the fence. It could be a defensive wound as he tried to prevent the knife from stabbing him or it could be that his hand slipped down onto the blade due to the force in which he stabbed someone which is common. Both are common I guess.

I am 60% self-inflicted, 39% Mickey inflicted and 1% the guy with the gold teeth!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post

That remains to be seen!
    See, my theory of him self-inflicting the stab wounds goes against my theory that he would have strangled her. I really don't think he is the stabbing a victim to death type. I don't think he would have used the knife.

Oh Lord, this all sounds so morbid. With all that said, I still do hold out hope that she is still somehow alive.

I think my brain has turned to mush!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CajunStrong For This Useful Post:

The more I read the more I'm shocked over how calculated BSL is. Id rather Mickey had left the wounds on him but it doesnt seem too off base that he may have self inflicted.

Mickey kicked his butt I'm sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cortne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Cajunstrong!

Coffee & Corpses-the Breakfast of Champions!

WARNING!!! DO NOT open this if you have a weak stomach!! This guide shows a body in all different stages of decomposition as well as a body that has suffered different types of deaths. It is NOT for the faint of heart!

This is a guide to Injury and Death Investigations and is very graphic. If you can manage to block out the horrendous photographs as i did there is some very interesting information here about how an investigation is completed.

If this is too graphic please feel free to delete it.

http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/site...on10e_ch09.pdf

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:

OT-Sadly they found what is believed to be the bodies of the 2 young sisters who went missing Friday leaving britneys 6 month old and 18 month old alone in the home. How sad for this poor family.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:

Off topic, kinda, but another missing girl in Lafayette...missing since April 30th. Just saw it on the KATC news website.

http://www.katc.com/news/missing-per...keiosha-felix/
    Last edited by pugmom; 07-16-2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: *Sorry if it was already posted, just woke up and haven't had a chance to catch up yet!

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pugmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boudin View Post
    OT-Sadly they found what is believed to be the bodies of the 2 young sisters who went missing Friday leaving britneys 6 month old and 18 month old alone in the home. How sad for this poor family.

Who is Brittney? Where was this?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Northside neighbor For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northside neighbor View Post
    Who is Brittney? Where was this?
    OT -MO [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178736"]MO MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:

Thank you. I do not handle graphic pictures well at all or even horror movies. Thank the Lord I have not seen anything like this in real life. I have lost many in my time but when my grand daddy passed on I was right there and he was finally at peace.

It helps that I very strongly believe in heaven. I was very ill a couple of years ago and was in the ICU. My momma and the nurse were sitting in the room. There was another patient in another bed to my right. I looked up and there were two soldier looking men in uniform standing between the beds facing me. Both young and handsome and they looked very much alike. I knew they were there for me and even asked why were they there to take me. They did not even seem to notice me. The nurse ran over and asked my name and what date it was, etc. all of which I knew. In that very moment the patient next to me passed on and the soldiers were gone. Now I was in bad shape and the nurse knocked me out. When I came too a couple of days later I was told that the nurse shared what I saw and the woman's daughter said that her momma had lost two brothers in the war.

Now you do with that what you will.

This gives me peace knowing that Mickey and others are in heaven and we will all be reunited one day with our lost loved ones.
    OT but this goes along with what you wrote about your experience...I recently read this true story that was recently published and it was quite an interesting read imo: "To Heaven and Back" by Mary C. Neal, MD

"
    "Your Intuition Is Your Genius Compass that Points the Way When You Can't See It."

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Some1Nose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pugmom View Post
    Off topic, kinda, but another missing girl in Lafayette...missing since April 30th. Just saw it on the KATC news website.

http://www.katc.com/news/missing-per...keiosha-felix/
    She's a missing runaway as well as Ashley Menard from Basile.
    Both went missing around the same time.

http://www.mostfreebies.com/AmberAle...tLouisiana.php

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Boudin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kkdj View Post
    known sex offenders do not change
    imo
    HELLO!
    Backwoods has done some good sleuthing over the course of this case...

HELLO!
    Last edited by chicken fried; 07-16-2012 at 08:34 AM.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    If LE knows his movements at all, they probably know whether he traveled any great distance on May 19th before ending up in New Orleans, and since they are searching locally, I would guess that he did not.

Also I believe that LE thinks Mickey was a random victim, and so do I. There is no indication that he knew her or had even seen her before.

As far as saying that they were investigating a "major crime" at his home-that does not mean it itself turned out to be a crime scene. They were, and are, investigating a major crime and had just arrested him on suspicion of murder and kidnapping.
    One question I wish I had asked SomeGuy:

Does Brandon ever go to clubs - not to drink - but to see bands?
    HAS HE EVER BEEN TO ARTMOSPHERE AND THE LIKE? Or rode horses?

Due to the age difference and how far out he lives and not drinking, IMO this is likely the only way he would ever have met Mickey - pointing more toward a random grab.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I wonder if someone looked into his truck at WB, if he was there the morning of the 19th, and no one was inside...that might lead LE to believe that she was killed on that day and not left at WB, since she was not found there. Just a thought.
    Interesting thought.
    I lean against someone looking into his truck, for these reasons:

1. If he dumped the bike from land - not the bridge - and I have stated many times my several reasons why I think a bridge drop is highly unlikely, and LE agrees with me - he would have parked his truck very close to the steep dropoff to the Pilot Channel, gotten out, thrown the bike, and been done very quickly. Due to the isolation, and how close the shoreline is to that spot he almost certainly would have heard or seen another vehicle pulling up to his truck.

2. I don't think he put her there - he would have had to drag/carry her through some dense undergrowth to go out to the side, and if he put her where the bike was, he would have had no way to get her out into the current. The bike could have been thrown - but she is heavier than a bike - especially if he has a hand injury.

That said, this does not rule out his putting her right there at the bottom of the footpath next to the bridge pillar with no intention of thoroughly hiding her, and wildlife becoming involved. I would think, though, that unless he had her wrapped up, there would have been some scent left behind, and not just blood scent.

JMO

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hsmom2 View Post
    Is it an absolute fact that the white truck was registered to BSL? Seems to me if he was a Head Mechanic that he would also drive a company truck. Isn't it also possible for LE to blur logo from door panel? If DWT was a company truck, it is also possible that it had extra vehicle tracking devices added to it.

Also, is there any information if BSL's driver's license, when arrested, was a recent duplicate? IMO, it could disprove mugging story and also set him up for filing a false report, or at least misleading an officer in an official investigation.

All this is just my opinion.

Welcome to Websleuths :-)

I'm not sure if he would have personally bought a new truck to replace a "stolen" company truck.... seems he would have had his company take care of that? But maybe not.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chicken fried For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast