Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 1095

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Most cases of what are solved by tips? Abducted women? Let's keep in mind that not all cases are the same -- not even all cases of missing or abducted women -- so I think it would be stretching things to suggest that most cases are solved by any one type of information.

    But not to diminish the value of tips -- but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have? The lack of a suitable Facebook page? I mean, let's say someone knows something -- they know that Holly was abducted, they know this is a bad thing -- what really does anyone think would be holding them back from calling it in?

    I'm sorry, I guess I think better of the public -- the same people participating in ground searches.
    RE: but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have?

    Many times witnesses do not realize that the info that they have is important to the investigation. Especially in stranger abductions.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  3. #202
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    BBM:
    Sleuthing can never be exhausted.

    Maybe we could go back to the beginning again? Pull some schedules from UT, pull the weather, pull community activities-civil and government, pull past community activities, pull hunting permits and schedules, pull a list of abandoned structures, fugitives, pull the RSO's addy's etc...and compile them in a comprehensive file that may help give us new direction- or at least- refocus?
    194
    190 "Where is Holly and where is the best way to look for her??"

    believe09, actually the best answer to that question is "on foot." But most WS'ers don't live anywhere near here.
    "God willin', and the creek don't rise," I'm going to start going down with Southeast Canine, and search.
    And I plan to train my border collie in SAR.
    I've run out of things to do too, so...

    We can donate to CUE on their web site. Also, both CUE and Southeast need bottles of water for searchers.

    Cue has a few items you can bid on, I think details are probably on their web page. Southeast is I believe in the process of putting up some items for auction too, but I don't think they have finalized it, because I see the list of sponsors on their web site, but not a link to an auction page. When I do find it, I will be posting it on T. and FB, and here, if anyone wants to look at it. I saw a guitar listed, looked up retail, it's $300. This one is new, and is signed by a lot of C & W artists. The last bid I saw was $200, but I haven't found an end date for the bidding. Just an idea of what I had seen. If this info is inappropriate, mods, feel free to edit it out.

    *Oriah, I requested the weather forecast from the weather service for April 13, and I have the email that they sent me with the whole forecast.
    Remember, also, the photos of the wet roads in the search photos the first days.

    We also have the list of folks who attended one of the social functions, but it may have to go downstairs, maybe a mod could answer if it would be allowed here - I have that list.
    We also have the RSO's list, and property owners map information.

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


  5. #203
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    If LE reads here, maybe you could do a presser and explain to me how Clint saw silhouettes in a garage from inside the house?

    ....and did Holly's dog ever track her in the immediate timeframe of her walking towards the woods?

    ....How much blood? Clint said a puddle. I heard there were splatters on the grass. would you please confirm?

    ....If the family has been completely cleared, why are you not releasing the 911 tapes?
    Last edited by Whisperer; 08-04-2012 at 03:44 AM.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:


  7. #204
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Anne RN View Post
    194
    190 "Where is Holly and where is the best way to look for her??"

    believe09, actually the best answer to that question is "on foot." But most WS'ers don't live anywhere near here.
    "God willin', and the creek don't rise," I'm going to start going down with Southeast Canine, and search.
    And I plan to train my border collie in SAR.
    I've run out of things to do too, so...

    We can donate to CUE on their web site. Also, both CUE and Southeast need bottles of water for searchers.

    Cue has a few items you can bid on, I think details are probably on their web page. Southeast is I believe in the process of putting up some items for auction too, but I don't think they have finalized it, because I see the list of sponsors on their web site, but not a link to an auction page. When I do find it, I will be posting it on T. and FB, and here, if anyone wants to look at it. I saw a guitar listed, looked up retail, it's $300. This one is new, and is signed by a lot of C & W artists. The last bid I saw was $200, but I haven't found an end date for the bidding. Just an idea of what I had seen. If this info is inappropriate, mods, feel free to edit it out.

    *Oriah, I requested the weather forecast from the weather service for April 13, and I have the email that they sent me with the whole forecast.
    Remember, also, the photos of the wet roads in the search photos the first days.

    We also have the list of folks who attended one of the social functions, but it may have to go downstairs, maybe a mod could answer if it would be allowed here - I have that list.
    We also have the RSO's list, and property owners map information.
    BBM-did you get an answer from a mod, Karen Anne? I would be interested in all of that fwiw.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  8. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    near MA
    Posts
    22,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Most cases of what are solved by tips? Abducted women? Let's keep in mind that not all cases are the same -- not even all cases of missing or abducted women -- so I think it would be stretching things to suggest that most cases are solved by any one type of information.

    But not to diminish the value of tips -- but I wonder what people might think is keeping 'the public' from sharing the information they have? The lack of a suitable Facebook page? I mean, let's say someone knows something -- they know that Holly was abducted, they know this is a bad thing -- what really does anyone think would be holding them back from calling it in?

    I'm sorry, I guess I think better of the public -- the same people participating in ground searches.
    We live in an age of social media - I'm sorry, but we do. Failure to use new tools when old ones have proven ineffective is tantamount to burying one's head in the sand. In particular, those in Holly's age range are comfortable with the new-fangled contrivances: why the heck not use them then?

    Of course it's no guarantee; nothing is. But taking it for granted that it won't be effective shows a bit of defeatism, methinks.

  9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  10. #206
    Oriah is online now Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Anne RN View Post
    What would we post there ?

    I'm not going to be able to post any information about anything that is discovered during a SAR search.

    I could put posts there that announce upcoming searches, and the dates, photos from the searches afterwards that are posted online by the searchers, but that's all I can think of.
    BBM: I completely understand, Karen Anne.

    I meant nothing more by that post, other than it is sad to me that so many WS readers don't become active in searches. Even if far away, you can 'virtually' participate via the web. Like you have, posting search information.

    Thank you so much for being an active participant in bringing Holly home!

  11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:


  12. #207
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,344
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    We live in an age of social media - I'm sorry, but we do. Failure to use new tools when old ones have proven ineffective is tantamount to burying one's head in the sand. In particular, those in Holly's age range are comfortable with the new-fangled contrivances: why the heck not use them then?

    Of course it's no guarantee; nothing is. But taking it for granted that it won't be effective shows a bit of defeatism, methinks.
    Who hasnt taken advantage of social media? Holly's family? LE? Both. I dont understand.

    And I am some what lost as to the theory that LE doesnt solve MP/Abducted Women cases with solid detective work. I guess it depends on what you consider solved to be-if it is an arrest, well I know of many where the DA will not prosecute until there is more physical evidence. It may in fact be easier to prove who perpetrated a crime then where they hid a body in this big wide world. And if a DA wont prosecute without a body, it doesnt matter whether LE knows who did it....their hands are tied. Imagine how hard THAT must be.

    I like the suggestions for some of the work that can still be done in this case. It seems like a positive direction to take.

    Awaiting mod approval for some of the information Karen Anne has...
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  14. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,828
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Days Holly has been missing: 465
    Days since last TBI press release: 460



    474 Days since last TBI press release...sad

    http://www.policeforum.org/library/s...niper%20Report[1].pdf

    Lessons Learned from the DC Sniper Case

    Chief Moose press conference: “We have not
    been able to assure anyone of their safety.”
    And at another one later in the day,

    * Chief Moose releases the letter’s postscript:
    “Your children are not safe anywhere at anytime.”

    • Asked about the possibility of the FBI taking
    over the case, Gary Bald responds: “This continues to be a joint investigation by a large number of state, local and federal agencies . . .
    the cooperation that we have is unprecedented in this case.”

    The public information officers discussed practical steps for addressing reporters’ questions, determining the media relations responsibilities of key agency personnel and being responsive to community concerns.

    • A citizen, Whitney Donahue, having heard
    about the Caprice on a radio talk show, spots
    the car at a rest stop near Frederick,
    Maryland

    From these lessons and recommendations, four significant factors emerged
    as crucial to an effective law enforcement
    response. They represent overarching themes discussed in more detail and illustrated with specific
    examples throughout the report. While these
    efforts do not account for all of the successes in
    this investigation, they were the cornerstones.

    • Careful Planning and Preparation
    • Defining Roles and Responsibilities
    • Managing Information Efficiently
    • Maintaining Effective Communication


    "Ihe American public is a very valuable resource in investigations"

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  16. #209
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,828
    Bumping-
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW2VWcd5FRU"]TN RIVER SEARCH - JULY 2012 - HOLLY BOBO - YouTube[/ame]

  17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  18. #210
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Huntsville, Al
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    I feel very sorry for this family, but I especially feel sorry for Mr. Bobo. If LE truly knows who did it and the family knows or they know from Clint's description. How hard would it be to restrain yourself if you saw the person somewhere in town like a store or restaurant? No chance for me. I don't think I could do it. Maybe if I knew she was still alive and there was a chance of her coming home. Otherwise I just couldn't do it.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dejavoodoo64 For This Useful Post:


  20. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    near MA
    Posts
    22,947
    Okay, this "maybe they know who did it" thing; when would they have figured this out?

    Almost a year ago (on 06 August 2011) Holly's mother was pleading for President Obama to please send more help. This was a desperate cry for help from authorities other than those in the state of Tennessee. If they "know who did it," TN LE certainly hadn't told the Bobo family.

    Then, on Wednesday, 04 January 2012, Ohio LE, with TBI participation, executed a warrant on the home of Tony Calabrese, claiming obstruction of justice; would they have "known who did it" and still seen fit to carry out that (rather embarrassing, imo) raid?

    Certainly the didn't find out who did it between 06 August 2011 and 04 January 2012, then.

    So have they found out who did it between early January and early August - in these last seven months? If they "know who did it," would they not discourage the recent and ongoing searches?

    They don't "know who did it," for godssakes. I'm not a fan of TBI but even I don't think they'd deliberately hold at least the information that "they know who did it" back from Holly's family, and then let them and others organize and participate in a series of grueling foot searches.

  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  22. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    BBM: I completely understand, Karen Anne.

    I meant nothing more by that post, other than it is sad to me that so many WS readers don't become active in searches. Even if far away, you can 'virtually' participate via the web. Like you have, posting search information.

    Thank you so much for being an active participant in bringing Holly home!
    Oh, Lord, Oriah, I never meant for it to sound that way.

    It was just a statement in general, that if I am able to go on searches, I understand from what I read, that we are under a confidentiality clause.
    My comment was in no way directed to you, sooooo sorry.
    ('Sides, I know you already know this about the confidentiality thingy.)

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


  24. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    BBM-did you get an answer from a mod, Karen Anne? I would be interested in all of that fwiw.
    220

    "We also have the list of folks who attended one of the social functions, but it may have to go downstairs, maybe a mod could answer if it would be allowed here - I have that list.
    We also have the RSO's list, and property owners map information."


    I have not seen a reply anywhere, just yet.

    Being that the information is a little sensitive, I think it would be best if a mod could let me know, before I post any of it. If I see no reply when I get caught up here, I'll pm one.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


  26. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    RE: Is there anything online regarding TC's incarceration? Is it related to Holly or totally unrelated?

    Have a link, Karen?
    Do you mean TB ?

    To my knowledge, TC is not in any trouble.

  27. #215
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    BBM: Thank you so much for being an active participant in bringing Holly home!
    223

    Aw, thank you, but I think ya'll are doin just as much. It's just that I started posting again

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


  29. #216
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Anne RN View Post
    Which 2 ?

    As far as I know, JN is still being held in jail, awaiting trial.

    TB was sent to prison about a week ago.
    Terry Britt http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...7-ddxU3Eg.cspx

    Victor Wall http://levipageshow.blogspot.ca/2011...olly-bobo.html

    Those are the 2 I was referring to. Who is JN?

  30. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Thanks. I use google notifications for work purposes so I'm familiar with how it works. I'm just wondering if anything comes up for Holly that hasn't already been posted in MSM. Perhaps I'm not making myself clear. lol

    OOPS and my bad regarding the initials. I misread TC. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess. Hoping for a break.
    N/P

    (BBM) Many times I read emails from Google, and check a few forums, and no one is discussing the info yet, so in a way, yes.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


  32. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,828
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Terry Britt http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...7-ddxU3Eg.cspx

    Victor Wall http://levipageshow.blogspot.ca/2011...olly-bobo.html

    Those are the 2 I was referring to. Who is JN?
    Jason Nickell
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...148195&page=26
    Last edited by Foxfire; 08-04-2012 at 04:47 PM.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  34. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Terry Britt http://www.abc24.com/news/local/stor...7-ddxU3Eg.cspx

    Victor Wall http://levipageshow.blogspot.ca/2011...olly-bobo.html

    Those are the 2 I was referring to. Who is JN?
    236

    "This e-mail is to inform you that Terry Britt has been transferred from Madison County Sheriff's Department to the custody of the Tennessee Department of Correction. The transfer took place on 7/23/2012. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with SAVIN."

    JN -I may be wrong about the first initial. Last name is Nickels or Nichols ?
    Did I mention him ?

  35. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Anne RN View Post
    Do you mean TB ?

    To my knowledge, TC is not in any trouble.

    No, I was replying to a typo..LOL

    TC, has not been arrested..

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  37. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    #230 Still in jail awaiting trial.

    Sorry, you were correct. Have I got the initials right, JN ?

    TB went off to prison, and there's the other one, isn't it Nich, or Nick.... isn't he the one still in jail ?

  38. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wolfscratch Wilderness/North GA
    Posts
    6,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Anne RN View Post
    236

    "This e-mail is to inform you that Terry Britt has been transferred from Madison County Sheriff's Department to the custody of the Tennessee Department of Correction. The transfer took place on 7/23/2012. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with SAVIN."

    JN -I may be wrong about the first initial. Last name is Nickels or Nichols ?
    Did I mention him ?
    http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...ty-safety-tips


    It turns out the man who approached these two young women - Jason Everett Nickell, 39 - is a registered sex offiender from Benton County listed on the FBI sex offender list as a "Violent" offender.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:


  40. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...ty-safety-tips


    It turns out the man who approached these two young women - Jason Everett Nickell, 39 - is a registered sex offiender from Benton County listed on the FBI sex offender list as a "Violent" offender.
    Lol, thanks FF.. I knew who it was, but just couldn't get the spelling right.

  41. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549
    Re-posting my previous post, after an edit, necessary for clarity and accuracy. Thank you all for your patience.

    #215
    ~N/T~
    Are you signed up for Google notifications every time Holly's name is mentioned in news articles ? If not, you could do that; I receive emails each time there is an article online that has her name in it.

    wfgodot
    David L. is also on FB.

    Oriah
    I am under the impression that SE SAR will be here on a regular basis now, and the family is very involved in the searches, both with them, and with CUE, so they do have that.
    I don't know how to get any articles started up, unless there is something to report. Getting on tv - above my limited knowledge base, lol.

    Isabelle Z. is in my opinion, an EXCELLENT editor. She publishes facts. I've not seen her write about rumors, and I've not even seen her put in her opinions. This is why I love her articles so much, because they are very detailed, and they are facts, just facts. I can't do .... you know.... it's too hard for me to weed out the opinions of the authors, and the rumors.

    Plumaria5
    I have never heard it mentioned anywhere, the hair color.
    Clint says in one of the last tv interviews, that the abductor wore a camo hat and gloves. And that the camo clothing was the non-insulated type, meaning that it wasn't the thick, heavy, cold weather type.
    Full camo actually means hat, gloves, pants, top, jacket, socks, boots, and the camo wool type thing you wear that covers your neck, head, and face. Everything covered up but your eyes.
    ** NO one has ever mentioned that he was wearing this specific item, so please don't run with it. I just put it here for information, because full camo includes that. But this item has never been mentioned.

    ~N/T~
    Drew's Grandmother said that Drew and Holly were together that night. (Apr.12.)
    Clint was home the night of Apr 12. There was a concert, but Clint did not go. He listened to it on his cell phone while talking to a friend who was there.
    For fun, about the only thing I remember is that they like to ride the four wheelers.

    Also, T.Britt has been transferred off to prison about a week ago.

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


  43. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dickson, TN
    Posts
    549

    Requested info

    Have requested guidance from mods on the info we discussed earlier, re RSO info, prop map, etc.

    Will post the weather info received in email from weather officials in a moment.

  44. The Following User Says Thank You to Karen Anne RN For This Useful Post:


Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1255
    Last Post: 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
  2. Replies: 1167
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
  3. Replies: 542
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
  4. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 545
    Last Post: 04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
  5. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #2
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 593
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •