1096 users online (213 members and 883 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - Rachel Wilson, 19, Middlesbrough, North Yorks, 31 May 2002 *Arrest*

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/ju...-middlesbrough

A body found on farmland three weeks ago is that of a teenager who was murdered after she disappeared a decade ago, police said.

Rachel Wilson, 19, went missing from the Southfield Road area of Middlesbrough, where she was a sex worker, in May 2002.

Cleveland police confirmed that remains found at Newham Hall Farm, on the outskirts of Middlesbrough, were hers.

Police are investigating possible links with the disappearance of two other women in Middlesbrough. Vicky Glass, 21, vanished from the town centre in September 2000; her naked body was found on moorland near Danby, North Yorkshire, six weeks later.

Donna Keogh was 17 when she went missing from a house party in 1998; police believe she was murdered although no body has been found.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-e...1634-31410050/

Speaking at a press conference at the force’s headquarters in Middlesbrough, her mother Tina Wilson said: “For the last 10 years we’ve been sure she’ll come in the house. On Friday we found out she wouldn’t. All I’m asking for is somebody that knows, come forward and let us know and let us find out what happened to Rachel.”
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 07-17-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Could there be a link to the murders of Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards? The way Becky's body was hidden on farmland appears very similar to how Rachel's body was disposed of. Also Rachel's background was almost identical to that of Becky. Definitely worth investigating IMHO.

From May 2015:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/new...disappearance/

Police have renewed an appeal for help to track down the killer of a Middlesbrough teenager on the 13th anniversary of her disappearance...

Rachel, a known sex worker, was one of three young women who went missing from the town in a four-year period... No one has ever been charged in connection with any of the disappearances or murders...

A man was arrested in 2014 and he is still on police bail.

OkieGranny, I'm just wondering if there is any significance to the links you provide in these threads? Is it to bump the case up? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All posts are MOO!

There was an arrest made but no charges filed. UK law confuses me, so I'm not sure if they think they already have the right guy or if maybe he's an accomplice or something? But it did say they still need help to track down the killer so it could be they're still looking.

Anyway, it still hasn't been fully resolved, as far as I can tell, so I bumped it really just to say this one isn't done yet.

There's a potential serial killer angle too, which is always sleuthworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Distant Observer View Post
    Could there be a link to the murders of Sian O'Callaghan and Becky Godden-Edwards? The way Becky's body was hidden on farmland appears very similar to how Rachel's body was disposed of. Also Rachel's background was almost identical to that of Becky. Definitely worth investigating IMHO.
    I don't think so... Becky & Sian disappeared in/around Wiltshire, Rachel from Middlesborough.

As of February 2015, an arrest was made in Becky's case:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...d-over-5188017

See Okiegranny's post for arrest in Rachel's case. I'm not seeing a link, as yet.
    Hooks up!

He's too young to be our suspect but, still, interesting news from October:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...achel-10363676

The investigation into the murder of Middlesbrough girl Rachel Wilson led to the incarceration of an “evil” rapist, it has emerged.

Officers revisited hundreds of people after Rachel’s body was found in June 2012... It was during the interviews relating to the murder investigation that two women revealed they had been sexually attacked by Anthony Rushanopsky between 1999 and 2001. A third woman later revealed she was a victim when she was just 17.

As reported, 52-year-old Rushanopsky is this week starting a 16-year jail term after being convicted by a jury of four counts of rape and three indecent assaults.
    Earlier this month:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...still-10701058

The man suspected of murdering Middlesbrough teenager Rachel Wilson is still on police bail - 18 months on from his arrest.

The 56-year-old man was arrested in June 2014 for the murder of the 19-year-old woman.

From February:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...urder-10950836

A man has been re-arrested on suspicion of murdering a Teesside woman 14 years ago...

In June 2014 the police arrested the same man on suspicion of murder and he has been on bail since that time.

The new arrest comes as a result of new evidence being obtained by the investigation team.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    There was an arrest made but no charges filed. UK law confuses me, so I'm not sure if they think they already have the right guy or if maybe he's an accomplice or something?
    Basically if they reasonably believe the individual may have had something to do with the matter being investigated, they can arrest him. This means that any interviews carried out while he is under arrest must be done under caution, but also that they have certain powers to search his home and other premises without obtaining a warrant if they believe that the premises may have been used in connection with the crime of if they believe there may be evidence there.

He can subsequently be de-arrested if they then come to believe he is not likely to have been involved in the matter, but can later be re-arrested if new information comes to light.