WY WY - Sharon Baldeagle, 12, Evansville, 18 September 1984

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
This was posted by JoeDean under the Princess Blue General Discussion #4 thread. I wanted to start a separate thread for Sharon.

Sharon Baldeagle
Missing since September 18, 1984 from Eagle Butte, Dewey County, South Dakota.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

JoeDean Posted:

JoeDean

Sharon Baldeagle
Sharon was abducted, while hitchhiking in Wyoming, by Royal Russell Long. The man who abducted her was picked up in New Mexico a year later. Long was a truck driver and I don't know if his route would have taken him to Texas. Long was implicated in the disappearance of 4 other young women, 2 in Wyoming and 2 in Oklahoma. Sharon was 12 when she disappeared in 1984, 5'3" and 110 lbs.

This is from DoeNetwork.org

The Doe Network:
Case File 167DFSD

sharon_baldeagle.png

Left: Baldeagle, circa 1984; Right: Age-progression to 36 years by NCMEC

Note by RKnowley: Sorry about my graphic works above, I need to get my graphics program reloaded on my laptop so pardon my dust right now.

Sharon Baldeagle

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 26, 1972
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Black hair; brown eyes
Circumstances of Disappearance
BaldEagle and another girl from Hot Springs were hitchhiking near Casper, Wyoming on September 19, 1984 when they were picked up by Royal Russell Long and taken to his Evansville, Wyoming home.

According to testimony, Long bound the girls at gunpoint and beat BaldEagle. Later that night the friend escaped and sought help from a neighbor. When the police arrived at the home, Long and BaldEagle were gone. There has been no trace of BaldEagle since that time.

Long was arrested a week later in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He plead guilty to kidnapping the girls for the purpose of committing indecent liberties with a minor and one count of aggravated assault. He died in prison in November 1993. Long maintained he drove BaldEagle to Cheyenne and found her another ride to Texas. He denied knowing BaldEagle's whereabouts.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Baldeagle's case, please contact:
Fall River County Sheriff's Office
605-745-4444
You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

NCMEC #: NCMC600185

NCIC Number: M-179514672
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Daily Oklahoman
Casper Star Tribune

http://doenetwork.org/cases/167dfsd.html

Thank you, Sharon deserves her own thread. There isn't much information about Sharon out there. There isn't a clothing or jewelry description. Poor girl. I hope the other girl with her has been able to have a good life.

Doing a little research on Princess Blue's dentals I would have to say that Sharon would most likely not be a match for Princess Blue. Sharon Baldeagle was only 12 years of age when she disappeared in 1984, I don't believe her wisdom teeth would have been present at that time.

Here are a few details about Princess Blue's dentals:

"teeth 1, 17 and 32 (wisdom teeth) were present and unerupted."

There is no mention that any of the 3 wisdom teeth were impacted, and that none had yet erupted further indicates that Princess died between the ages of 17 and 21. There are exceptions to this, and I think someone may have posted here that their wisdom teeth didn't erupt until the age of 24. This would be more of an exception.

Tooth 16 (wisdom tooth) was absent. The corresponding alveolar spavce was totally obliterated by mature bone tissue.

That there was mature (fully formed) bone tissue filling the gap where wisdom tooth 16 should have been, the tooth was perhaps either surgically removed some time before death (the gap was completely filled with fully formed bone--that takes time to occur afte a tooth, especially a tooth with a large root is removed). Or it is possible that wisdom tooth #16 never formed.

I am going to leave Sharon as a possible for Princess Blue because there is a possibility that Sharon ran away and died at a later date or she was kidnapped and held for some time before her death. We should consider that as a possibility.

This photo resembling Sharon Baldeagle was found by police in serial killers Rodney Alcala's storage unit.

Attachments

• 042010coldcase-20 - Copy.jpg
    042010coldcase-20 - Copy.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 042010coldcase-20.jpg
    042010coldcase-20.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 51
Hi Alknon,
I do believe the photo you posted is somewhat similar to what Sharon looks like in that the girl in the photo could possibly have a bit of a native appearance to her. If I recall correctly, Alcala was in prison long before Sharon went missing?

This photo resembling Sharon Baldeagle was found by police in serial killers Rodney Alcala's storage unit.

Hi Alknon,
I do believe the photo you posted is somewhat similar to what Sharon looks like in that the girl in the photo could possibly have a bit of a native appearance to her. If I recall correctly, Alcala was in prison long before Sharon went missing?

Your right, but I have the names of 3 people who had access to Rodney's storage unit who could easily put photos and other evidence after his incarceration. Rodney was obvisiouly not alone during his string of carnage. I also found over 5 doe net files where the dates (and other data) were deliberately altered. Don't you think it's odd that they waited over 30 years to disclose the contents of his storage? This entire ordeal reaks of a cover up!

I got an advertising flyer in the mail today from Target Direct which had Sharon's picture and information placed there by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Of course I came here to read about her case. Maybe someone will respond- we can only hope and pray.

I got an advertising flyer in the mail today from Target Direct which had Sharon's picture and information placed there by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Of course I came here to read about her case. Maybe someone will respond- we can only hope and pray.

It is good to see she is not forgotten.

This may be nothing, then again it may help solve Sharon's case.

It's the stuff of movie plots.

Two women and two girls vanished in the late 1980s in Nebraska and South Dakota. Three were never found.

Now, the mother of a man facing a murder trial in the disappearance and death of one of them -- Catherine "Cathy" Beard -- has come forward with diary pages mailed to her son's home after his arrest.

After Oldson's arraignment Tuesday -- he stood mute on a first-degree murder charge -- his frustrated mother handed to members of the media copies of the diary entries, which she believes connect the four disappearances.

Sharon Bald Eagle, 12, and Karen Weeks, 28, went missing in 1984 and 1987, both from Native reservations in South Dakota.

Read more: http://journalstar.com/news/local/c...436-5956-b6b4-b68818fd40fb.html#ixzz1yRjC4uB4

Sharon Baldeagle, 12, Missing since September 18, 1984 from Eagle Butte, SD

Sharon Baldeagle

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: June 26, 1972
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native female. Black hair; brown eyes
Clothing:Black/yellowish tiger striped top. Black shoes. Red bag.

Circumstances of Disappearance

BaldEagle and another girl from Hot Springs were hitchhiking near Casper, Wyoming on September 19, 1984 when they were picked up by Royal Russell Long and taken to his Evansville, Wyoming home.

According to testimony, Long bound the girls at gunpoint and beat BaldEagle. Later that night the friend escaped and sought help from a neighbor. When the police arrived at the home, Long and BaldEagle were gone.

There has been no trace of BaldEagle since that time. Long was arrested a week later in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

He plead guilty to kidnapping the girls for the purpose of committing indecent liberties with a minor and one count of aggravated assault. He died in prison in November 1993.

Long maintained he drove BaldEagle to Cheyenne and found her another ride to Texas. He denied knowing BaldEagle's whereabouts.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Baldeagle's case, please contact:

Fall River County Sheriff's Office
605-745-4444

You may remain anonymous when submitting information to any agency.

Agency Case Number: 63037R

NCMEC #: NCMC600185

NCIC Number: M-179514672

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Daily Oklahoman
Casper Star Tribune
NamUS
The Doe Network: Case File 167DFSD

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/167dfsd.html

28 years missing...

Sharon Baldeagle
Missing 18 September 1984
From Eagle Butte, SD

Vital Statistics

DOB: 26 June 1972
Sex: Female
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Height: 5 ft 3 in
Weight: 110

Source
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
Hotline: 1-800-843-5678

More info

Sharon Baldeagle – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Sharon ran away from her hometown of Eagle Butte, South Dakota on September 18, 1984, along with an older female friend. According to her companion, they were hitchhiking together in Casper, Wyoming when they were picked up by Royal Russell Long. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.

Long took the two girls to his home in Evansville, Wyoming, fed them, then offered them $100 for sexual services. When the girls refused, he tied them up at gunpoint, beat Sharon and raped her friend. The older girl escaped and went for help, but by the time police arrived at the residence, Long and Sharon were gone.

Long was apprehended in 1985 in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sharon wasn't with him and he said he did not know her whereabouts. He said he drove her to Cheyenne, Wyoming and put her on a bus or truck bound for Dallas, Texas and this was the last time he ever saw her.

Prosecutors considered charging Long with Sharon's murder, but they decided against it, and Sharon's father stated he believed his daughter was alive. Long pleaded guilty to two counts of kidnapping for the purpose of committing indecent liberties with a minor and was sentenced to two life terms in prison.

Long, a truck driver, is also a possible suspect in the disappearances of Deborah Meyer and Carlene Brown, who vanished from Wyoming in 1974, and he is the prime suspect in the disappearances of Cinda Pallett and Charlotte Kinsey, who vanished from the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on September 26, 1981.

He was charged with kidnapping and murdering Cinda and Charlotte after his 1985 arrest, but the charges were dismissed for lack of evidence. He died of a heart attack in prison in 1993. Sharon's father went to visit him shortly before his death, but Long refused to speak to him.

Sharon is the oldest of four siblings and disappeared right before she was going to begin her first year at Brainerd Indian School in Hot Springs, South Dakota. Her father is still alive and searched for her all over the country after her disappearance, traveling as far as Arizona.

There were possible sightings of her in Wisconsin and Colorado in the years following her disappearance. She has never been found and foul play is suspected in her case.

Russell Long used a gun to intimidate the two girls and tie them up. He beat Sharon. He still had plans for both girls when one escaped. He took Sharon with him. No way that poor twelve year old little girl made it away from him safely. Not when he is suspected in four other disappearances. I pray Sharon's last hours were not as horrible as I image they were.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back