MT MT - Jamee Grossman, 25, Lockwood, 16 March 2012

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police, family searching for missing Billings woman

The Billings Police Department is looking for a Billings woman who's been missing since March.

Jamee Christine Grossman, 25, was last seen in March at a party in Lockwood. When guests woke up the next morning, she was gone and, as far as police and family can tell, no one's seen her since.

[snip]

Taft said that was sparked when Grossman's ex-boyfriend reported that somebody had confronted him, saying Grossman was dead. At about the same time somebody — it isn't clear if it was the same person — said the same thing to Grossman's brother.

"Her friends were saying they were worried," Taft said. "Then her ex came to the house, and said he'd been confronted about her. The same thing happened with her brother, saying they'd heard she was dead. That's when we called the cops again, and they put her on the missing persons list."

The article above says Jamie, who may spell her name Jamee, was last seen in March. But her missing persons report lists her disappearance as January 12, 2012.

https://app.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/missingpersons/searchdetail.aspx?RecordKey=19485

image.aspx

Check the comments under the news article FWIW.

I have been looking online and not much is out there. Jamee's sister lives out of state and didn't realize Jamee was missing until recently. I believe she is trying to get the word out via internet.

Very sad story....its been a long time since she has been seen or heard from. Doesn't sound good at all.

The article above says Jamie, who may spell her name Jamee, was last seen in March. But her missing persons report lists her disappearance as January 12, 2012.

https://app.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/missingpersons/searchdetail.aspx?RecordKey=19485

image.aspx

From the article in the first post:

Taft last saw her daughter in mid-March, a few days before the party where Grossman was last seen.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/article_5907459c-445e-5397-80cb-8ce02fc5f399.html#ixzz20vzpTiOI

Ompletely breaks my heart when anyone goes missing and either is not missed or not reported missing for weeks or even months. :(

I'm from Billings and yesterday was the first I've even heard of this! Someone needs to ask her boyfriend Frank WTH is going on....

How sad. She's been missing for at least 4 months and it appears nobody is really looking for her. Hopefully her family and friends will push their way into the media and get peoples attention.

A commenter at the link below, says; When Jamee's boyfriend was asked about her whereabouts, he said she had moved and he was in regular contact with her. Hmnn?

http://www.ktvq.com/news/missing-billings-mother-of-two-police-ask-for-help/
RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR
Those comments you mention are very concerning. It is really worth a read. Basically it is from a coworker of hers and the story she got from the boyfriend (ex?). I hope LE is all over him with the questions. If it is true that he was in contact at some point or another with her he has to have phone records of some sort.
Some one has to know something!

Based on the comments (I suppose we should mark this as RUMOR also) it sounds like people didn't see her and her non appearance kept getting explained away. So people were slow to react. And when people started asking questions, they were getting the answer that she was fine...it was only after all this time that they started to get very concerned.

If the comments are true, the writing is on the wall. It was easy for him to delay and deflect because Jamee supposedly, had disengaged from her family. Who cared enough to check up on her?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is her children. Who had/has her girls?

Billings police listed Jamee as a missing person on June 12. Her mother said her friends last saw her leave a party in Lockwood with her boyfriend in the early morning hours of March 17, but detectives haven't confirmed she was at the party or that she went missing on that date.

"Her boyfriend is the last one to see her," Taft said. "Saturday morning, apparently he took her to a convenience store to get coffee and cigarettes and fill up with gas, and then drop her off for a visitation with her daughter, but we had family members go watch the recording at the store, and they were never there."

Taft said Jamee's boyfriend called her family to say she was missing. They called police, who discovered someone used Jamee's identity at a local pawn shop. They lifted a print from a pawn ticket and discovered it wasn't Jamee's.

"We thought she was still around for those couple months until people started coming to us and saying, 'Hey, we haven't seen Jamee,'" Taft said.
Jamee graduated from Billings Senior High School in 2005. She has two daughters, ages four and five, who have been living with other family members since 2010.

http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/Family-Searches-for-Missing-Woman-162954066.html

Knox, I am glad I am not the only one who is confused!

A search party organized for Thursday morning in Lockwood to find clues about a missing woman was called off after the woman’s mother talked with a Billings police detective.

The search was organized by friends and family of Jamee Christine Grossman, 25, who has been missing since March. She was last seen with her boyfriend at a residence in Lockwood in March.

Grossman’s mother, Leslie Taft, said her friends felt helpless and wanted to do something to try to help. They met Thursday morning in the Lockwood Elementary School parking lot, but Taft told the group the search was called off.

“I got a call from a detective today,” Taft said. “They’re investigating and there are things they can’t tell me.”

But the search would be “a complete waste of time,” Taft said the detective told her, declining to mention what else the detective said.

Her talk with the detective gave her a glimmer of hope, she said. “Yesterday I thought she was dead and today I have some hope,” Taft said.

Why would the search be a "complete waste of time"? Unless the detectives know where she is, or can definitively say she is not where they are searching? Even if they're investigating a different angle, I just can't see saying it's a complete waste...

Mom's ending statement in that story I linked above, leads me to believe LE has some idea that Jamee is alive? Maybe they are close to locating her, who knows.

If not, that Detective better beat feet over to Mama and clarify. Surely he reads his own local paper ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back