841 users online (95 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Yes, she believes the identification might have been in error. The remains were described as being way too short (Janice was about 5 feet 10 inches tall), and items found with the body (sandal type shoe with a broken strap and a tourquoise ring) did not belong to Janice. The remains were sent to Colorado State University for a facial reconstruction, and the recon depicted someone who appeared Hispanic or Native American (We all know how far off reconstructions can be though). And then for years, the bones were lost, and found, and lost again.

They told her that the Shell Knob remains were ID'd as Janice based on mitochondrial DNA from Janice's son, but they won't give her a death certificate. They won't give her a report from the DNA lab detailing the DNA comparison. Any attempts to get information from them is stonewalled.
    What a mess. Some local and state LE have really bungled this case. It should be up to the county ME where she was found to issue the death certificate, right?

This is aggravating. Almost makes me want to call these people up myself.
    All statements are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty P View Post
    What a mess. Some local and state LE have really bungled this case. It should be up to the county ME where she was found to issue the death certificate, right?

This is aggravating. Almost makes me want to call these people up myself.
    It really is a mess. Her family deserves some answers. Who will advocate for them to get justice and answers of what happened to Janice?
    On a more practical note, we are trying to match Janice with UID profiles. If she has already been found, then it needs to be made clear she is a homicide case. We have a member who sent Janice's name as possible match for another case and the case person replied they will look into it. If Janice has already been found we are wasting LE's time trying to match her to other cases.

I would be interested in Any Information on the Janice Younger case. I don't know what is more Frightening, Disappearing or haveing the Story go COLD as hers has seemed to have. I'm coming to this very late so I'm sure Someone out there Knows More than I Do at this point. Please Assist in my inquiries.

I notice that Janice's Namus profile is restricted again. Afraid to get my hopes up again that this has been resolved but we shall see.

Every link in this thread is now a dead end. Yes, I checked them :P

So hopefully the identification has been confirmed and Mary has been able to find some peace and justice for her sister. What a brave woman you are.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7