IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

thread #1
thread #2
Scanner thread: remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

new thread for the girls:

rules:

1) do not bring scanner chatter from that thread to this one
2)if you post something have a link or say it is your opinion
3)do Not bash the family or the children as they are victims in this case as far as we know it

Originally Posted by GrainneDhu
Are you referring to I380?

If so, that's a highly unlikely scenario. That stretch of highway is under construction and is squeezed down from 4 lanes to 2 lanes, both on the same side of the interstate.

There's barely a shoulder on either side and no vehicle would be left parked there for any appreciable length of time due to the hazards of the situation. Even just pulling off for a minute could not go unnoticed by other drivers and the construction crew.

Almost every daylight hour, the traffic is bumper to bumper.

Any scenario that relies on parking on I380 is pretty much ruled out by conditions.

As it was so close to a construction zone and freeway I was wondering if motorists or workers saw anything. I know when I am driving and I notice things off the side of the road, I make mental notes. Did some driver glance over and see the bikes there and not think much of it at the time? That could narrow down the timeline. Also, the purse is strange to me...unless someone deliberately dropped it on that side of the fence. Hmmmm

hopefully everyone made it over to thread three without scrapes or bruises. I am sure the families of these girls appreciate all of your introspective insights into where they might be.

They still are missing and it seems to be not in their nature. It also seems that them not coming back on time to grandma is also out of their nature. At least we have the bikes and they are draining the lake and the area is surrounded.. If anyone has any other ideas for the family please post them here... and discuss the case as it developes. That being said we don't allow bashing of family or the victims. We are a victim frielndly forum. please, please, keep that in mind.

I could see the girls dropping/temporarily ditching their bikes to run off to the lake or the woods. The kids on my street leave their bikes and scooters on sidewalks all the time and come back to them later.

The purse and cellphone being left behind really bothers me, though. I can't see the girls leaving the purse and phone behind on purpose.

A firefighter discovers the girls' bikes on the Evansdale Nature Trail on the southeast side of the lake. Elizabeth's purse is found on the lake side of the fence. A cell phone, which was used not for calling but for playing games, was found inside the purse.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdale_search/

It is my opinion that the two girls will not be found in that lake. Don't have any idea where they are but probably not in that lake. LE needs to start checking some folks alibi as to where they were and what they were doing between the last time g'ma saw them to when the bikes were found. There is at least one who does not have an alibi for sure.

Gentle thoughts to the families of these two missing girls and may they have the strength to continue to deal with this tragedy.

Attachments

• Bikes and purse with dud cell phone found.png
    Bikes and purse with dud cell phone found.png
    435.2 KB · Views: 115
I hate to say this, but it is very difficult to imagine a happy ending here, whether an abduction or an accident...just baffling.

This comment is from Wishbone, on the last thread. "On NG tonight Misty and grandma explained parking on the grassy area between the hwy and the lake area. I'm not familiar with area so I won't even try to repeat what they said but they did say that they parked there. Are you familiar with that grassy area?"

Sorry to bring you comment over this way Wishbone, but the quote button doesn't appear on closed threads and I really want to know if this the area that has the hole in the fence where someone can access the highway.

If so, it seems one can park right off the Interstate.

I have been out all day and away from the computer. I really hoped to come back and log in and find out these girls had been found. I have not read the past pages since early today, but it does not seem like there have been any leads. ???

I am thinking Misty was saying they parked at the spot in this picture where S Evans and Arbutus meet. This is where I think it all went down as it was close to where the bikes were found - and the man who was watering his lawn who says he saw them lives down Lake Ave which you can also see the start of from this pic.

Evans Arbutus Lake.jpg

I hate to say this, but it is very difficult to imagine a happy ending here, whether an abduction or an accident...just baffling.

I was surprised on JVM tonight when one of the reporters I think it was said that if the girls are not in the lake, but have been abducted, they have a good chance of being alive. I'm less optimistic that a "kindly" abductor is keeping them alive.

I have been out all day and away from the computer. I really hoped to come back and log in and find out these girls had been found. I have not read the past pages since early today, but it does not seem like there have been any leads. ???

None .... zilch ... nano ...void ... no leads ... lake still draining.

As it was so close to a construction zone and freeway I was wondering if motorists or workers saw anything. I know when I am driving and I notice things off the side of the road, I make mental notes. Did some driver glance over and see the bikes there and not think much of it at the time? That could narrow down the timeline. Also, the purse is strange to me...unless someone deliberately dropped it on that side of the fence. Hmmmm

I drive that way frequently and I would never have seenyhe bikes there and been able to watch the road.

This comment is from Wishbone, on the last thread. "On NG tonight Misty and grandma explained parking on the grassy area between the hwy and the lake area. I'm not familiar with area so I won't even try to repeat what they said but they did say that they parked there. Are you familiar with that grassy area?"

Sorry to bring you comment over this way Wishbone, but the quote button doesn't appear on closed threads and I really want to know if this the area that has the hole in the fence where someone can access the highway.

Glad you brought it over cause I think what misty and grandma were trying to convey was that somebody could have snatched the kids by parking somewhere near the trail at the end of the U.....there is a big a patch of grass there or something. Just saw the map on NG and the spot is not all that close to the hwy....

I was surprised on JVM tonight when one of the reporters I think it was said that if the girls are not in the lake, but have been abducted, they have a good chance of being alive. I'm less optimistic that a "kindly" abductor is keeping them alive.

OT- Is that your kitty? (This avatar I have today is my actual kitty, lol)

I could see the girls dropping/temporarily ditching their bikes to run off to the lake or the woods. The kids on my street leave their bikes and scooters on sidewalks all the time and come back to them later.

The purse and cellphone being left behind really bothers me, though. I can't see the girls leaving the purse and phone behind on purpose.

i agree.. the purse with the game phone inside it was thrown over the fence as we understand it, right?

that means.. that someone just didn't drop it and run off to catch a crawdad.. that means from where the bikes were found and the purse was found the girls maybe didn't likely have time to move the bikes off the trail but just stopped. so what could have stopped them? why in that area? not a good area to de-bike and walk around if you are just cruising.

someone was in the path directing them to something else most likely.. either that or they stopped and were just taken advantage of for stopping in that area by someone preying upon it.

This was most likely an impulse grab and no one saw it. I still think this may be what happened.. I think someone took the chance and ran with it.. and it may be someone off the radar. It may be hard to capture this person unless fbi puts out a profile and what they are looking for and what has happened. I hope that comes next. Yes, they are putting a lot of weight into the lake. But they have to clear it.

They have to.

So we all have to wait. As do the families of these girls. My prayers are with them. I cannot imagine what they are going thru.

OT- Is that your kitty? (This avatar I have today is my actual kitty, lol)

No, but my recently deceased kitty looked exactly like the photo in my avatar. He just passed away in March from cancer.

I do have another black cat though (looks similar to this one and yours!).

It is baffling, nothing seems to fit. And unfortunately I agree that it is hard to foresee this ending happily.

I would never be happier in my life to be proven wrong!

If they are in the lake they are obviously not down there breathing...
If they are in the lake, they are 100% not alive.

If they are NOT in the lake, there IS a chance they are alive.
I think that's all that was meant.

Although, TWO going missing seems to increase the odds for me of them being alive.
It doesn't happen often and a lot of the time they DO live, or one of them does.

on NG, the reporter stated that last year a car ran off the road through the fence into the lake which they never fixed?! I work on finding the exact quote :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie