1284 users online (232 members and 1052 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

http://resources2.news.com.au/images...ryn-rayney.jpg

FORMER State prosecutor turned barrister Lloyd Rayney murdered his estranged wife Corryn in the family home while their youngest daughter slept upstairs and their eldest was out at a concert, the Supreme Court was told.
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/nat...-1226426881342

Thanks Kimster! This case has really piqued my interest, and just at the right time too, as the case is starting to be tried.

It's really giving me a feel for the Baden-Clay case. So much mainly circumstantial evidence. So much motive though. And the prosecution holding back info to the public til the trial.

Beats me how he wrangled bail and a judge-only trial!
    Last edited by Nads; 07-18-2012 at 01:34 AM.
    In jail!

I am struggling to understand why LR was granted bail in this case, compared for example to GBC in Brisbane. Does anybody have any information to explain that?

Also, while on bail, has LR been able to keep practicing law? Does anybody know?

JMO MOO
    Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    Thanks Kimster! This case has really piques my interest, and just at the right time too, as the case is starting to be tried.

It's really giving me a feel for the Baden-Clay case. So much mainly circumstantial evidence. So much motive though. And the prosecution holding back info to the public til the trial.

Beats me how he wrangled bail and a judge-only trial!
    As per my own post, no idea about the bail, however as both he and his wife were known to the entire legal community in WA due to their own careers, I guess an outsider had to try the case, and perhaps shipping in 12 members of a jury from another state for who knows how long, was just too difficult logistically?

JMO MOO
    Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.
    Benjamin Franklin

Here is a presser regarding his bail hearing: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225975551695

You'd think that as a barrister he'd either be smarter about how he did it or he'd know the consequences and not go there... It defies belief really!!
    I've really not heard that much about it, but I'll be interested to follow this thread.
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Here is a presser regarding his bail hearing: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225975551695
    Thanks Kimster. Still very curious to me, especially in the light of his dual citizenship.

Hmmmm

JMO MOO
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbinator View Post
    You'd think that as a barrister he'd either be smarter about how he did it or he'd know the consequences and not go there... It defies belief really!!
    I've really not heard that much about it, but I'll be interested to follow this thread.
    Perhaps a guest would like to join the forum?

Having trouble keeping this one going single handed right now (that's what the system is telling me anyway lol)

Jmo
    Last edited by Gemini Girl; 07-18-2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: typo
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm coming in and out Gemini.

I think the bits about the placecard and the bollard are amazing! I always thought it was rather fantastic when a perp dropped something or left a bit of something at the crimescene, but apparently not!

This guy obviously thought it was something he could get away with, if he did it.
    In jail!

I'll do some reading in the next few days and get up to speed Gemini do you have any really good links?
    L K out L K out, there are catterpillars about!

Quote Originally Posted by Nads View Post
    I'm coming in and out Gemini.

I think the bits about the placecard and the bollard are amazing! I always thought it was rather fantastic when a perp dropped something or left a bit of something at the crimescene, but apparently not!

This guy obviously thought it was something he could get away with, if he did it.
    Even more staggering was that he left her boots in her car. Boots that had evidence of her having been dragged across the yard of the house post mortem. So presumably he removed them prior to burying her, but did not get rid of them.

For a barrister, not too bright methinks.

If he did it (and the evidence looks pretty damning)

JMO MOO
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbinator View Post
    I'll do some reading in the next few days and get up to speed Gemini do you have any really good links?
    Some are better than others LOL

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...rom-como-home/

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...t-night-alive/

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/co...717-228ij.html

JMO MOO
    Benjamin Franklin

THe graphic of how Corryn was buried in that first link really freaks me out!!

I have been gripped by this case and glued to twitter for the last 3 days waiting for updates. The prosecutions case although circumstantial will, I believe, be quite compelling.

I cannot believe that a place card with his name on it was found just 100m from the body. May as well had a tattoo etched on his face saying 'I killed my wife".

He allegedly made 2 calls to his eldest daughter between 10.15 and 10.30 to find what time she would be coming home from a concert. She was due home at 10.45 pm but he did not wait up another 15 mins for her. It would also seem he was not concerned about where Corryn was, despite knowing she would normally arrive home at 9.45pm and then not being concerned about her not being at home in the morning - apparently she never went to work early.

Lying about his alarm not working and which car he drove to a dinner party in, could be his downfall. Plus bugging the home phone and removing the bug two days before she vanished was very suspicious.

The motive for her death was clearly not sexual or theft. I have thought about the fact Corryn may have been killed as a result of a personal vendetta against her husband and things done to set him up but how would they have managed to get hold of that place card? Why would the killer have buried her so deeply? Did the police find any other suspicious DNA in her car? It would be virtually impossible to commit a crime like that and not leave some DNA in the vehicle.

I really do believe after hearing more facts that Lloyd Rayney did murder his wife. What I hate is his smug look and that he seems so confident that he is not going to jail. I also hate the fact that his daughters are thoroughly convinced of his innocence. I cannot help but wonder how much they knew of his affairs and his gambling problems. Clearly they are not inside the court room hearing the evidence as they are witnesses but I wonder if they are reading what has been disclosed in the press.

[QUOTE=Gemini Girl;8160834]Even more staggering was that he left her boots in her car. Boots that had evidence of her having been dragged across the yard of the house post mortem. So presumably he removed them prior to burying her, but did not get rid of them.

JMO MOO[/QUOTE

Also the hanky that was found under her head in the grave which contained DNA consistent with Lloyds. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226427519292

[quote=Perthgirl62;8160972]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Girl View Post
    Even more staggering was that he left her boots in her car. Boots that had evidence of her having been dragged across the yard of the house post mortem. So presumably he removed them prior to burying her, but did not get rid of them.

JMO MOO[/QUOTE

Also the hanky that was found under her head in the grave which contained DNA consistent with Lloyds. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226427519292
    I think the killer intended to take the car back to Bentley and plant her boots To deflect away from where her body was buried. Suggestion of fowl play but no corpse. I think he was trying to commit the perfect crime and got caught out!! IMO

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast