Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1832

Thread: James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Thank you Koldkase... thank you, thank you, thank you! I am ordering the book tomorrow through the publisher, but in the interim this helps immensely.

    PS

    So sorry to hear of your medical issues- hope things turn out well.
    Thanks so much for your concern. It's just hubs having his routine colonoscopy in the morning. But he's going through all that awful 3 day prep and he's like a baby--has to have my attention, tore up the plumbing in the yard all day trying to find a small pipe leak, ill as a badger , Georgia clay all over the house and his clothes...I'm exhausted!
    Bloomies underwear model:
    Bloomies model


    My opinions, nothing more.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KoldKase For This Useful Post:


  3. #177
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    646
    I clearly haven't read any of the book, but those tidbits are worrying me about the third member of the family. It's easy for two family members to say they didn't kill if they actually didn't.

    This is really starting to be a worry.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wonderllama For This Useful Post:


  5. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by KoldKase View Post
    Because Kolar begins his book by interweaving speculation, theory, and facts, which I think you can only understand and appreciate by reading it yourself, I'm going to just quote some things that I noted as significant info, from an evidentiary point of view, for me anyway.

    From Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey?

    Regarding the head blow, in the "kidnapping" scenario he creates at the beginning, Kolar writes:

    From p. 15:



    From p. 16:



    I know TOD has been debated and this has been the general consensus on the forums, but it has always been ambiguous as far as a LE source. Maybe it's just been too long since I read the early books, but this is why I appreciate Kolar's concise revisiting of the evidence like this. He speaks from the case file information.

    After completing his "kidnapping" scenario attempting to explain the evidence as the work of the Foreign Faction, Kolar changes to straight up recounting of the case as it unfolded in reality. Most of this we are all very familiar with, but through they years a lot has been disputed or forgotten, and for those who are new to the case and want to catch up, it's a very well-written summary of what happened that morning, taken from police reports, interviews, and witness statements available to Kolar.

    So take or leave the following as it suits you:

    P. 26:



    I include this because it explains another point of view about why the BPD presence in the home wasn't considered to be a problem. Also the decision to use cell phones to prevent radio monitoring also fits with the information we have from other sources (among them, Thomas' book and John Ramsey himself in his Wolf deposition) that the BPD "borrowed" the Ramseys' cell phones that morning because the BPD said their cell phone batteries were dead, as well. (You all know my thoughts about the cell phone issues.)

    Kolar details that John and Patsy both told LE, as well as others in the house that morning at various times, the doors and windows were all locked, even checked by them that morning and the night before. Kolar's information comes from police reports and interviews with those with the Ramseys that morning.

    Page 36:



    How many times have we seen Ramsey change this story? I include it because Ramsey has whittled his absence down to about 10 minutes at this point in his telling of the events.

    Here's something we haven't heard before:

    Page 37:



    Arndt was left alone in the home after the ransom call did not come by 10 a.m. This led to the infamous blunder she will be remembered for, and we all know how this went. But I think it's worth remembering what led to her mistake.

    Page 37:



    Kolar wrote that Detective Whitson had called the FBI early that morning to assist with the kidnappinig. On p. 41 he writes that after the body had been found by John and Fleet, "...Sergeant Larry Mason arrived on the scene at 1320 hours and was accompanied by Denver FBI Supervisory Agent Ron Walker. They had learned of the discovery of JonBenet's body while meeting on the investigation at the Boulder Police Department."

    Kolar writes here of John's call to arrange a flight to Atlanta that afternoon, when John said something strange:

    Page 41:



    We all know Ramsey's excuses about that, but later in the book it gets even stranger. Father Holverstock, the Ramseys' pastor who had been called to the home by Fernie to help calm the Ramseys early that morning, was interviewed by LE:

    Page 88



    Kolar has already recounted by this point that White and Arndt both said the child was cold to the touch, with the smell of death, Arndt said.

    I have to stop here. Others who have the book might want to bring in the details they find important.

    In particular, I want to go over chapters 5 and 6. At this point in the book, Kolar begins recounting details about the autopsy, with many revelations about Dr. Meyer's findings and actions as he determined there were prior vaginal injuries and called a meeting of an existing Boulder committee of child safety and abuse professionals to decide what to do next.

    And to me, this is what we've long awaited.
    Thanks for your whole post, but I especially like your phrase, 'whittled his absence down'. There's been a lot of whittling and wiggling from JR, and I wish somebody in authority, would hold him in check. MOO.

  6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dodie20 For This Useful Post:


  7. #179
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    I clearly haven't read any of the book, but those tidbits are worrying me about the third member of the family. It's easy for two family members to say they didn't kill if they actually didn't.

    This is really starting to be a worry.
    what I've heard so far just reinforces my BDI beliefs.
    Thanks KoldKase for the quotes since I can't afford the book right now(
    hope the ones who bought/read it share some more

    and my God,that stuff about JR being worried about missing a meeting?wtf?I am so glad I trusted my instincts once again,I always believed their BEHAVIOR is the most telling piece of evidence.

  8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  9. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    No.....I didn't hear the radio show....
    I suppose that means he said it was a complex garrotte or something to that effect...? I'll have to listen if I can go back and listen to it, if possible, or get a transcript or whatever, to know what he said.

    Don't know if Tricia keeps the recordings of the shows and I can go back and listen to them like a podcast...

    But, without having listened, if it was about the word being a 'garrotte', doesn't matter - that's a 'word'. If it was a description by him about the knots being complex - we've also speculated about this before as well, that even so, a Ramsey still could have made it: Patsy knew macrame and knots, John knew military and sailing knots, and Burke knew knots and made items and boats and stuff out of ropes...

    So, even though you were being facetious about Burke learning how to make 'complex garrottes' in the Scouts, he still could have learned how to make survival items with knots and shapes with ropes, which he was known to do.... including whittling sticks around the house as well.... so in fact, to answer your facetious question, the answer is yes but not to the smit-generated-red-herring-complex-garrotte-making-only-for-killing-inference that you are making....

    Just like when you go back and reiterate things that have already been proven not accurate anymore.... like Mark B. and Stan G. unexonerating the Ramseys....
    hi
    It's at about 92 minutes if you want to listen.
    He didn't say it was "complex" but he did indicate it was effective in that it was used to "facilitate the strangulation" and that hair had been pulled out of JonBenet's head and neck, which was found in the loop of the handle and the cord....
    this suggests it was effective ..he also made the point that the cord was embedded in her neck...and that it was constructed at the scene and not brought in from outside..

    as you say it's a word , but it seems to me that RDI don't want to use the word garotte because it doesn't sit comfortably with something a parent would use against a child..and to such effect as evidenced by the hairs being pulled out and the cord embedded deep in her neck.... of course it also doesn't mean a parent could not have used this...

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FairM For This Useful Post:


  11. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaleshark View Post
    Where have you been when I have been trying to explain to Chrishope why it's not absurd that they would stage to protect
    Burke if he did it? He needs to read someone else's perspective rather than mine cuz he just couldn't see it...

    Here, I pass the baton to you - you take over.... On the 'Are the Ramseys Involved' thread, if you please.... Or at least provide a thanks

    I'm not saying it's absurd. I'm saying, in my mind, it's the least probable RDI theory.

    I can't wait to read Kolar's book to see what he says about that.
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:


  13. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,156
    Burke the adult needs to speak out, thats for sure.

    His voice was heard on the 911 tape although his parents denied it. He needs to tell what happened that night.

    He needs to honour his sister.

  14. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SapphireSteel For This Useful Post:


  15. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,870
    [quote=azwriter;8168762]Jana, I'd like to point out that Burke wasn't a small child at the time of his sister's death. He was much taller than his little sister. There's a family photo around here somewhere (Grandpa and Grandma Paugh with the children) that was taken in a time period, December 1996, near JonBenet's death. The photo appears in the photo section of the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence" just next to page 179. Both children, JonBenet and Burke are standing and Burke is much taller than his sister. In fact, in the photo Burke is standing next to his grandpa and comes up to mid chest of his grandpa, who looks to be fairly tall himself. [quote]

    No argument there, BR was quite a bit taller.

    I do believe whoever hit JonBenet in the head did so in a rage. And possibly she was laying down and the person doing the hitting was standing above when they lashed out to quiet her when she screamed Christmas night. I do think that striking out in a rage can give the person more strengh.
    I agree she was struck in anger. It makes a lot of difference what the murder weapon was. I can't really see BR being able to swing the flashlight hard enough to cause that kind of injury. Could be wrong, but it seems more likely to me that if BR cause the head injury he did it with a golf club or a bat.

    From way back, I've been a BDI. I believe if Burke caused his sisters death, that would be the only reason the parents would stage a coverup to protect the person responsible and would not go to the trouble of covering for each other.

    Patsy and John Ramsey had a standing in the community. They were wealthy and wanted everyone to know. They also were arrogrant and could not have lived with the fact their son was involved in the death of his younger sister. Even if the laws in Colorado at the time prevented a child that age from being charged or convicted in a crime of this type.
    But if Burke did it, then the Rs, and Burke, will live with the fact that he was involved in death of his sister. They only thing they attempt to gain by staging is that the general public won't know he did it.

    I suspect that friends and family already wonder about it, so what really has been achieved?

    The staging tends to implicate the Rs. Life in prison is a pretty steep price to pay to prevent the general public from knowing that your son accidentally killed his sister.

    There seems to be the notion that the Rs would do ANYTHING to prevent some public embarrassment. But I'm unwilling to go along with that POV. It seems to me the risk is out of all proportion to gain, and I don't believe JR got where he was by making fools choices.

    I have to go to work now, so I don't have time to offer my thoughts on what would have happened had they simply called 911 and admitted that BDI.

    I'd like to hear from any BDI theorist on what would have played out had the Rs not staged an intruder kidnapper, but simply called 911.







    This is all, of course, my own opinion. But, I'm sticking to it.

    PS: If anyone has that photo, can you post it here for all of us to see the difference in the children's size. Thanks.
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrishope For This Useful Post:


  17. #184
    [quote=Chrishope;8169404][quote=azwriter;8168762]Jana, I'd like to point out that Burke wasn't a small child at the time of his sister's death. He was much taller than his little sister. There's a family photo around here somewhere (Grandpa and Grandma Paugh with the children) that was taken in a time period, December 1996, near JonBenet's death. The photo appears in the photo section of the Ramsey's book "Death of Innocence" just next to page 179. Both children, JonBenet and Burke are standing and Burke is much taller than his sister. In fact, in the photo Burke is standing next to his grandpa and comes up to mid chest of his grandpa, who looks to be fairly tall himself.

    No argument there, BR was quite a bit taller.



    I agree she was struck in anger. It makes a lot of difference what the murder weapon was. I can't really see BR being able to swing the flashlight hard enough to cause that kind of injury. Could be wrong, but it seems more likely to me that if BR cause the head injury he did it with a golf club or a bat.



    But if Burke did it, then the Rs, and Burke, will live with the fact that he was involved in death of his sister. They only thing they attempt to gain by staging is that the general public won't know he did it.

    I suspect that friends and family already wonder about it, so what really has been achieved?

    The staging tends to implicate the Rs. Life in prison is a pretty steep price to pay to prevent the general public from knowing that your son accidentally killed his sister.

    There seems to be the notion that the Rs would do ANYTHING to prevent some public embarrassment. But I'm unwilling to go along with that POV. It seems to me the risk is out of all proportion to gain, and I don't believe JR got where he was by making fools choices.

    I have to go to work now, so I don't have time to offer my thoughts on what would have happened had they simply called 911 and admitted that BDI.

    I'd like to hear from any BDI theorist on what would have played out had the Rs not staged an intruder kidnapper, but simply called 911.
    Plus of course Burke had already hit JonBenet by accident with a golf club years before...what did they do then? they called for help of course...if he'd accidentally killed her , they would have done the same ,

    let's say Burke did in the early hours of the morning accidentally kill his sister...in order to do all that staging the Ramseys must have discovered this pretty soon after it happened....there was no reason for them NOT to call for help...it has been said by Kolar in his book I believe, that JonBenet was alive for at least 90minutes after that blow to the head.....so why would they assume she was dead after Burke accidentally striking a blow ???? they wouldnt they would have called the ambulance...like they did when he accidentally wacked her last time...imo

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FairM For This Useful Post:


  19. #185
    I am now of the opinion that an inturder did not enter the house by the basement window, this is after I had the opportunity to study the crime scene video taken the night of the 26th Dec...... why then did Lou Smit persist in his theory that the intruder got in this way? he would have known about this video wouldn't he? and even if he didn't then members of the BPD would have, why then in this case which has been more leaky than a rusty bath tub, did no one leak this video before and discount Smit's theory??????????

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FairM For This Useful Post:


  21. #186
    I am still confused about the DNA evidence in this case.... I have listened to the show but not read Kolar's book........form the show he was reluctant to confirm what Tricia was saying which was that there was 6 different pieces of DNA meaning 6 different people left DNA on JonBenet which would mean a team of intruders....in response to this he said " you're on the right track"........what does that mean ? is Tricia correct or not?
    Is it explained better in the book?

  22. #187
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,553
    ding ding

    around min 88 of the show,Cherokee is talking about which of the R's might have done it and why and about the accident/cover-up scenario,Kolar's immediate response is well the Ramseys were loving parents and they always stated they'd do anything for their kids.

    this+ A.Hunters suspicions re BDI....

    M.Lacy is not the brightest but Hunter wasn't a stupid man,just a weak one. BDI might also be the reason he decided to keep it quiet and let it go,he couldn't have charged BR anyway.

  23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  24. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    123
    Is it possible (BDI) some of what we consider staging was part of the situation that lead to her death ? Watching movies then playing at a kidnapping?

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AngelontheRiver For This Useful Post:


  26. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post
    ding ding

    around min 88 of the show,Cherokee is talking about which of the R's might have done it and why and about the accident/cover-up scenario,Kolar's immediate response is well the Ramseys were loving parents and they always stated they'd do anything for their kids.

    this+ A.Hunters suspicions re BDI....

    M.Lacy is not the brightest but Hunter wasn't a stupid man,just a weak one. BDI might also be the reason he decided to keep it quiet and let it go,he couldn't have charged BR anyway.
    wow , are you suggesting that Hunter knew that Burke did it , yet he chose to "let it go" !!! that's a hell of an accusation to make....do you really think Hunter would have done that? and let the tax payer continue to pay a fortune for a continued investigation that he knew was a complete waste of time??? also how did he get that one past the Grand Jury!

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FairM For This Useful Post:


  28. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,553
    also,he keeps saying that he doesn't think there will be prosecution.IF I understood and feel correctly,he doubts that there will be one even if with new info...that leaves only one possibility IMO....9 year olds can't be prosecuted in CO

    cause he could have said/thought hey,maybe one day the killer confesses or someone else points the finger at him>>prosecution/jailtime is still possible....but not if the one who confesses was 9 at the time of the murder.

  29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  30. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,553
    Boulder District Attorney Alex Hunter is among those who privately considered the possibility that Burke played a role in the death of his sister. "I wonder if Burke is involved in this," Hunter mused out loud one day, former Boulder police detective Steve Thomas wrote in his book.

    Hunter declared publicly in 1999 that Burke wasn't a suspect in his sister's death. But later events suggested that statement wasn't as definitive as it seemed. In 2000 Hunter refused a request by Ramsey attorney Wood to sign a statement declaring under oath that "all questions related to" Burke's "possible involvement" in the death of his sister "were resolved to the satisfaction of investigators." He also refused to declare that Burke "has never been viewed by investigators as a suspect." Nor would he say that Burke "has not been and is not a suspect."

    Hunter did, however, agree to language in which he declared that "no evidence has ever been developed ... to justify elevating Burke Ramsey's status from witness to suspect," and there is nothing in the transcripts of the interviews of the Ramseys to suggest any such evidence was developed.

    So whatever Hunter's suspicions about Burke, he wasn't able to substantiate them.

    http://www.crimemagazine.com/solving-jonbenet-case-0


    --------------

    an interesting interview with him,if you read between the lines...
    love what he says about Smith's stuff being old and debunked

    http://www.crimelynx.com/alexfoxapr4.html

  31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to madeleine For This Useful Post:


  32. #192
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NWLA
    Posts
    4,699
    IMO, JBR's head was bashed with the Maglite flashlight that was sitting on the kitchen counter next to the sharpie markers and ransom pad.

    As I said, IMO.

    It is also my opinion that a child could swing a heavy flashlight with enough force to bash in another childs skull.

    Not that I am 100% convinced that is what happened, but I cannot discount it.

    I am definitely RDI, just can't settle on which R.

  33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:


  34. #193
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,461
    Quote Originally Posted by FairM View Post
    I am still confused about the DNA evidence in this case.... I have listened to the show but not read Kolar's book........form the show he was reluctant to confirm what Tricia was saying which was that there was 6 different pieces of DNA meaning 6 different people left DNA on JonBenet which would mean a team of intruders....in response to this he said " you're on the right track"........what does that mean ? is Tricia correct or not?
    Is it explained better in the book?
    (This is essentially a repeat of an earlier post on this thread.)
    In the book, the following is clear:

    6 unique and unidentified genetic profiles – 5 males and one female.
    DNA from fingernails belonging to JonBenet
    Left fingernails – unidentified male #1
    Right fingernails – unidentified male #2 and female (JonBenet could not be excluded as a contributor)
    Waistband, seams, and crotch of panties (Distal Stain 007-2) CODIS - unidentified male #3
    TDNA waistband of leggings matching DS 007-2 male #3
    TDNA on wrist bindings – male #4
    TDNA garrote – male #5

    (Also, TDNA on the pink Barbie nightgown found in the Wine Cellar with the body of JonBenét was identified as JR an PR.)

    The highest quality DNA at 10 markers is Distal Stain 007-2
    All other DNA is weaker, IOW, less markers
    “It saddens me that 20 years after my sister Nicole’s murder, we are still seeing the same crimes, just different names, over and over again.”
    - Denise Brown (sister of Nicole Brown Simpson)

  35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cynic For This Useful Post:


  36. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,539
    JonBenet is currently trending at #2 on Yahoo.

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  38. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    41
    #1 now eileen, as of 12:20 EST.

  39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noodles For This Useful Post:


  40. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,309
    JBR is #2 on MSN!
    There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.

  41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agatha_C For This Useful Post:


  42. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    41
    JonBenet's birthday is Aug 6. Wonder if the book timing was intentional on Kolar's part?

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodles For This Useful Post:


  44. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    #1 now eileen, as of 12:20 EST.
    Whoa, I'm shocked that it managed to trend higher (at one point) than the shooting in Colorado.

  45. The Following User Says Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  46. #199
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    7,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    JonBenet's birthday is Aug 6. Wonder if the book timing was intentional on Kolar's part?
    I don't think so, because if it was, he would've just released it on August 6.

  47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:


  48. #200
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,231
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I don't have DOI....But did you mean this picture:



    If it's the one you're thinking of, are you sure it's from Dec 1996? JonBenet's hair looks shorter.

    And Wow, I just realized that JonBenet's plaid skirt is just like the plaid skirts Patsy's bridesmaids wore....
    Thank you. This is the photo. As for the date, I'm sure it's correct. Here's the cutline that appeared under the photo as it appears in the Ramsey's book DOI.

    Out on the town with Grandpa and Grandma Paugh, Boulder, December 1996

    Again, thanks for posting.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

  49. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to azwriter For This Useful Post:


Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Great Book by Peggy Lakin About JonBenet Ramsey
    By Tricia in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 07:45 PM
  2. JonBenet: Anatomy of an Investigation
    By Sophie in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-16-2010, 07:19 AM
  3. Identified! NC - Dead body of missing person found in Gastonia- James Blow
    By summer_breeze in forum Identified!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •