PA - Harrowing Attempted Abduction Caught On Tape

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
A ten year old South Philadelphia girl narrowly escapes being abducted by a man who basically stalked her as she walked with her two year old brother. The man is seen parking his white sedan and then later seen on another tape grabbing the girl from behind and literally lifting her off the ground while he had his hand over her mouth.

The tape is here. We have a FB page that I didn't know about which has more hits supposedly than any other LE page in the country save for the FBI.

The poor kid has a water ice in her hand. The little brother is screaming. The girl bit the man and he dropped her.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/attempted-abduction-10-year-girl-caught-tape/story?id=16803943

I'm so happy she got away, and equally thankful this was caught on video. I hope there's enough there that he is apprehended before he is able to harm another child.

Can't even get a water ice without worrying.

Our PD was just on National News with the video. Apparently we have something called "Video Villains" and social media is really helping all LE, but they said we had 85 criminals captured since February due to the new YouTube stuff.

Brazen ain't he? Thank goodness she is safe however he's out there. Supposedly the kids were at the public pool just before that as well so this freak could have been watching the poor kid all along, and waited. South Philly streets are small most of them so he must know his way around. They kind of have their own traffic rules in South Philly.

I am so impressed by the video they were able to obtain and hope that this creep is caught soon! I'm very interested in learning more about the "Video Villains". Other LEA's should look into this SM tactic as well since it has been successful for Philly.

I wonder if they were able to find more video to get a good idea on where he fled to. If he is local, which I am hoping, someone will recognize that car.

My city/county does not release details when crimes are committed and we rarely ever get any followup. I wish there was a way to get LE and the media to open up more to the public.

I saw this on channel 10 last night. This little girl is my hero! This film or one like it should be used as a training aid in the dare program.
Can't wait to hear this guy is off the streets. 10 grand should loosen some tongues.

10 grand should loosen some tongues.

Right? Somebody knows who needs that money. They at least know that car.

Is he local? I don't know South real well and there's a bunch of little tiny one way streets so I'm guessing he surely has been around if not local. The little girl was swimming earlier at the rec center. That's on Shunk, and you're right on Oregon basically which is a huge street. I-95 is smack dab there. So who knows?

The little brother screaming his lungs out I think helped as well. Poor little girl is shook up according to the mom. I'd think so.

IMO seeing something on video really changes people's perception of things. If we had just heard a kid got grabbed and almost abducted I don't think alot of people really get that indeed some freak can just up and grab your 10 year old bodily and toss them in a car. When you see it you get it.

it would be nice if some of the reward money was given to the 2 children in a trust fund or for a very nice day out, to reinforce they did all the right things. Hope she gets a bit of counselling also, that an ugly experiance she wont forget. JMO

Perfect example on why kids should be taught to defend themselves! Had she not fought back, she would have been taken to a secondary location and probably killed, or at the very least, raped. Good for her!

But, since she did bite him, if she drew blood than the perp needs to be tested for HIV and hepatitis for her protection.

I come from a generation where we were taught that adults were always right, and if one said come here, we were to do it. I taught my kids that if anybody, no matter who it was, grabbed them or told them to do something that made them uncomfortable, to scream, kick, and fight for all they have, even if that person is a doctor, a teacher, a cop, a coach, or a family member.

Wow, so this creep was already implicated in a sexual assault on a family member who was a minor?

Man, that little girl is so lucky she fought. I like the mom's quote of how he "picked the wrong girl" that day. I'd say the right one, a more docile girl would probably still be missing right now. That little girl deserves a medal! She not only saved herself but most likely more victims.

Sort of off topic, but whenever I think of a little girl doing "everything right" I'm reminded of poor little Michaela Garecht in my neck of the woods--who was also grabbed in broad daylight almost 20 years ago. She tried to scream and fight off her kidnapper, but unfortunately she was overpowered and is still missing.

Ultimately though, it's probably their only real chance and they should always take it.

Great idea Gracelin - she could be a hero to many, many kids as well as adults! Good post.

From your link:

"Figueroa-*advertiser censored*, 33, is charged with attempted kidnapping and related offenses. He lives in the neighborhood of 8th and Alllegheny and Capt. Darby says the suspect has prior contact with police both in and outside of Philadelphia.

According to court records, Figueroa-*advertiser censored* was charged in Feb. 2011 with a sexual assault on a minor family member. Those charges were withdrawn earlier this month because the victim and her mother claimed they made up the story, police said."

BBM

I wonder if it was his fiancé and one of her kids. On the video, it says he lives with a fiancé and her 4 kids and a grandkid (couldn't tell if it's her grandkid or his, probably hers). If so, I wonder if she talked the kid into recanting. Happens every freaking day. What are the chances he is innocently accused of child molestation and then is caught trying to do it. Impossible imo.

I'm going to show the abduction video to my kids later and again have the talk.

a white vehicle ... seems like it's always a white vehicle

since the little girl's (thankfully) safe, hopefully this will also spur conversation with the mother about how it's not ok to allow a 10 year old to walk the streets alone with a 2 year-old IMO

what if the perp had grabbed the 2 year-old instead? he would've made off with him b/c the sister could probably not have stopped him and she would feel guilty - it's just not fair to burden a 10 year-old with that kind of responsibility IMO b/c other things could also have happened, like him bolting suddenly into traffic or simply having a medical emergency

if I saw a young girl with a toddler, I would be first asking her where her parents are and secondly calling the police

glad the perp's caught and hopefully will never again be able to hurt any children

From your link:

"Figueroa-*advertiser censored*, 33, is charged with attempted kidnapping and related offenses. He lives in the neighborhood of 8th and Alllegheny and Capt. Darby says the suspect has prior contact with police both in and outside of Philadelphia.

According to court records, Figueroa-*advertiser censored* was charged in Feb. 2011 with a sexual assault on a minor family member. Those charges were withdrawn earlier this month because the victim and her mother claimed they made up the story, police said."

BBM

I wonder if it was his fiancé and one of her kids. On the video, it says he lives with a fiancé and her 4 kids and a grandkid (couldn't tell if it's her grandkid or his, probably hers). If so, I wonder if she talked the kid into recanting. Happens every freaking day. What are the chances he is innocently accused of child molestation and then is caught trying to do it. Impossible imo.

LE needs to re-visit the 2011 case and figure out if the victim was coerced into recanting by her mother in order to protect *advertiser censored* from prosecution. If the mother is also his fiance' she and she did that, she should be prosecuted for lying in a police report and for failing continuing to expose her child to this pervert! :maddening: MOO

He is a monster who should never be allowed to walk the streets again.

From your link:

BBM

So he's from North Philly. No wonder he said he felt he couldn't breathe on the streets. Vigilante justice is practiced where he comes from. I wonder why he was in South Philly? Just looking to grab a child?

If there's a poor child that was assaulted by him and was made to recant I can't even imagine.

He was popped in PR quite a few times, but the Commisioner didn't say for what. Now to find out exactly how long he's been in Philly.........

a white vehicle ... seems like it's always a white vehicle

since the little girl's (thankfully) safe, hopefully this will also spur conversation with the mother about how it's not ok to allow a 10 year old to walk the streets alone with a 2 year-old IMO

what if the perp had grabbed the 2 year-old instead? he would've made off with him b/c the sister could probably not have stopped him and she would feel guilty - it's just not fair to burden a 10 year-old with that kind of responsibility IMO b/c other things could also have happened, like him bolting suddenly into traffic or simply having a medical emergency

if I saw a young girl with a toddler, I would be first asking her where her parents are and secondly calling the police

glad the perp's caught and hopefully will never again be able to hurt any children

This is causing some controversy here, LadyL. Some people say exactly the same thing as in why was a 10 year old watching a 2 year old and were they both at the pool? Actually the little guy isn't even 2 years old yet according to our Police Commish.

What it comes down to is all kids should be able to walk to the corner store and bring their little siblings with them. I'm with you, but it happens all the time. I see it every single day all day and this isn't just a walk to the store like this poor girl and her brother.

"The Bubble" This is all we were all hearing. You can't put your kids in a bubble. I was a "bubble" person and taught better to put fear in ya then have ya dead.

It is what it is and the poor kid is a victim. We all have walked to the store for water ice. It just stinks we have to fear letting our kids do it.

Hoping for better days without terror for the two young ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back