676 users online (96 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

Paradise AKA San Diego, CA

JS Retirement Package

Jerry Sandusky Retirement Package Revoked By Penn State University, Pension Remains

Nice retirement package he got. Holy moly.

PS I named this thread Sandusky specific instead of All Things Jerry Sandusky because I do hope eventually there will be things to post about Dottie.

ETA: Ooops, I guess I don't understand how this thread naming thing works because now the name is different.

If mods changed it, please tell me what I did wrong? I am not trying to break the rules, really I'm not.
    Last edited by IzzyBlanche; 07-18-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    Be kind, for everyone is fighting a great battle.

My favorite song ever -->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihUIPlLw2ZE

Freeh report: Jerry Sandusky's retirement benefits played a role in sex crimes

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky was too involved in The Second Mile to succeed head football coach Joe Paterno.

That’s what Paterno told him. So, Sandusky began negotiating for a number of fringe benefits from Penn State as part of the retirement deal he was pursuing with senior officials in 1998 and 1999.

Along with a $20,000 annuity that ended up as a lump sum $168,000 deposited in his bank account, Sandusky was able to negotiate a generous retirement package with unusual bonuses from men who knew he had been investigated in 1998 for potentially inappropriate behavior with a boy in a shower. .........

The agreement gave Sandusky free use of the weight rooms, fitness facilities, even an office where investigators found old documents Sandusky had stored there, such as letters to one of the victims.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/1...#storylink=cpy

This ridiculous retirement deal, all the extra perks, the bonus, the emeritus status that he did not qualify for, the payments for trips, make it look like he had something on the big wigs instead of the other way around...
    Last edited by Reader; 07-19-2012 at 04:24 AM.

Murry Rothbard once wrote the following about the nature of cults:

“Every religious cult has two sets of differing and distinctive creeds: the exoteric and the esoteric. The exoteric creed is the official, public doctrine, the creed which attracts the acolyte in the first place and brings him into the movement as a rank-and-file member. The quite different creed is the unknown, hidden agenda, a creed which is only known to its full extent by the top leadership, the “high priests” of the cult.”

"Success with honor" is the slogan for the suckers. Meanwhile, the inner circle are cutting each other sweetheart deals and compromising the professed values of the organization.

Another aspect of a cult is to look upon outsiders as almost sub-human, which is how the Penn State 4 viewed the victims. To quote Freeh, "Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State."

It's very difficult for the true believers to accept that they were duped, even when confronted with the knowledge that Spanier approved golden parachutes for both Paterno and Sandusky.

It could get uglier at PSU before it gets better.