723 users online (77 members and 646 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CO - Stephanie Drnovsek, 27, Lakewood, 5 Sep 1984

Here is another one not in Namus, Doe, Etc. I found it on the Colorado Bureau of Investigations site:

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldca...l.html?id=1398

Again, if anyone can try to find a pic, maybe we can move this along some.

Stephanie Drnovsek:

CASE TYPE: MISSING
    INCIDENT DATE: Sep 24, 1984
    CASE #: 84-94278
    DOB: Apr 24, 1957
    HEIGHT: 5' 4 "
    WEIGHT: 120 lbs
    HAIR: Blond/Strawberry
    EYES: Hazel
    RACE: Caucasian
    CITY: Lakewood
    COUNTY: Jefferson County
    DATE OF DEATH: Unknown

ABOUT THIS CASE:
    On September 24, 1984, Stephanie Drnovosek's boyfriend contacted the Lakewood Police to report Drnovosek as a missing person. Drnovosek's boyfriend last saw Drnovosek leaving their residence located near the 10600 block of West Virginia Avenue, Lakewood, Colorado on September 5, 1984. To date Drnovosek has not made contact with her family or friends. If you have any information regarding this case, you are encouraged to contact the Lakewood Police Department Cold Case hotline at (303) 987-7474 or e-mail at coldcase@lakewoodco.org.
    IDENTIFYING MARKS:
    Butterfly tatoo on abdomen, hysterectomy scar

IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION CONTACT:
    Lakewood PD .

I found a few people listed in Ancestry with the surname Drnovsek who lived in Northglenn CO, and Westminster CO in the late 70's and early 80's.

However, looking in the 1975 yearbooks for Northglen HS, and Westminster HS, I could not find anyone with the surname Drnovsek. Since she was born in April 1957, she would have likely been in the Class of 75.

For the six high schools in Lakewood, i looked in the following books (and could not find her):

Alameda HS 1975
    Bear Creek HS 1974
    Lakewood HS 1973
    Silver State Baptist 1975
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-19-2012 at 02:42 AM.

CO - Stephanie Drnovsek, 27, Lakewood, 5 Sep 1984

Age last seen: 27
    Age now: 59
    Race: White female
    Hair color: Blond/strawberry
    Eyes Color: Hazel
    Height: 64.0
    Weight: 120.0
    Scars and Marks: Hysterectomy scar on abdomen; Tattoo of a butterfly on abdomen; Prior broken right femur.

No photos disponible

Stephanie Drnovosek was last seen leaving her residence in Lakewood, Colorado on September 5, 1984.

Anyone that has seen or may know the whereabouts of Drnovosek is asked to contact Lakewood Police Department.

Thanks Romulus! Hmmm, I did not see any good unidentified matches in Colorado or Wyoming, but what about this long shot lady in NY?
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1215ufny.html
    She was found many years after Stephanie's last known date, and the stats are a little off but the femur scar caught my eye.
    PROS: right femur scar that was well healed, abdomen scar, strawberry hair
    CONS: a little above weight, height and age . murdered in 1994, so Stephanie would have had to spent 10 years somewhere.
    Also the Doe had a tatoo Stephanie did not have in 1984 and no mention of her butterfly. Not all body parts were found, so possibly some of her abdomen was not found?

I wish we knew more about Stephanie... Maybe a picture... I have a little time today and will look around!

Serial killer Robert Charles Browne is always a possibility concerning any missing persons in Colorado in the 70s, 80s and 90s. He has admitted killing around 48 women. He claims he killed between 1970-1995. I wonder what was his exact location during Stephanie Drnovosek's disappearance.

I do not have access to ancestry right now, but did find out a few things about Stephanie from looking around.

Sadly, I believe her mother Shirley just passed away this month from an obit I found from Colorado obits. If this is correct, it says she was preceded in death by daughter, Stephanie. It also mentions that Stephanie had a brother whom I believe is still living in Colorado.

This additional information is also on the Lakewood investigations website:
    http://www.lakewood.org/Police/Inves..._Drnovsek.aspx

"On Wed., Sept. 5, 1984, Stephanie Drnovsek was seen by her boyfriend leaving their residence in the area of West Virginia Avenue and South Kipling Street in her boyfriend's vehicle. On Sept. 22, the vehicle was recovered in Denver. The vehicle had been stripped. On Mon., Sept. 24, 1984, Drnovsek's boyfriend contacted the Lakewood Police Department to report her as a missing person. Drnovsek routinely made contact with her family, but they did not hear from her and they suspect foul play."

It does sound like foul play to me and from this info, I doubt she would have ended up as a prostitute in NY like the DOE I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Age last seen: 27
    Age now: 59
    Race: White female
    Hair color: Blond/strawberry
    Eyes Color: Hazel
    Height: 64.0
    Weight: 120.0
    Scars and Marks: Hysterectomy scar on abdomen; Tattoo of a butterfly on abdomen; Prior broken right femur.

No photos disponible

Stephanie Drnovosek was last seen leaving her residence in Lakewood, Colorado on September 5, 1984.

Anyone that has seen or may know the whereabouts of Drnovosek is asked to contact Lakewood Police Department.
    Just adding her Namus link https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21211/66

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTigglesworth View Post
    I do not have access to ancestry right now, but did find out a few things about Stephanie from looking around.

Sadly, I believe her mother Shirley just passed away this month from an obit I found from Colorado obits. If this is correct, it says she was preceded in death by daughter, Stephanie. It also mentions that Stephanie had a brother whom I believe is still living in Colorado.
    Link to obituary what seems to be Stephanie's mum http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/den...?pid=179524388

The same ancestry details what Carl look into in 2012 up thread. Location is about 30 min drive from where Stephanie resided in Lakewood when she has disappeared, making it quite likely that this is correct family connection. Her dad passed away in 2004 (she was not mentioned in obit) and her brother does live in Colorado, in the same vicinity.

Carl or whoever has access to yearbooks can we give one more try and check yearbook of Iver C Ranum High School - Raider Yearbook (Denver, CO) for possibility of pic of her?

Extra link confirming Stephanie date of birth (she had birthday just few days ago)
    http://www.unresolvedhomicides.org/?...84&CaseStatus=

Missing Since: 1984-09-24

Missing Person | Unresolved Suspect:None
    Name: Stephanie Ann Drnovsek Date of Birth: 1957-04-27

Thanks Al Ka! Good catch... I did see Her brother was there in 76/77. We would need to find 72-75 books to look at (which I can't find.) BUT... Someone has created a video tribute to the school..
    If you go to ranum high school on Facebook they have the video link right there. "Time passages" That shows all the graduates for the years Stephanie would have been there. It is just super fast and hard to see on my phone right now. Can someone link that video for me? I believe 1975 starts around the 7 minute mark or so. I will watch it again later as well and see if I can see the D names. Or possibly contact the man who made the video!

And I missed that it was just her birthday .

I have seen the video too, however it is only few snips from each year and names are not that clearly visible there. Likelihood that Stephanie will be shown in that 1 min snip from that year, bearing in mind that each original yearbook is min 95 pages, is slim. We should really get hold of or access full yearbook. I have not contacted the men who made the video, however he advertises it for profit . Well, if someone tries to contact him for one pic, who knows..

here is the link to yearbooks we should be checking - 1975 and if not than 1974 or 73.
    http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/...188?cityId=508

Btw, address listed of Stephanie residence when she went missing in Lakewood
    Jurisdiction: Lakewood PD

http://www.echelondata.com/clients/F...il.php?id=1121

Here are her junior and senior photos from the1974 and 1975 Iver C. Ranum HS yearbooks.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-04-2016 at 02:31 AM.

Carl, THANK YOU!

It took 32 years to locate pic of her! Now, lets just spread it all over the net, Doe network, Charley, NamUs etc... I am sooo thrilled

Thanks Carl fine work! now you could compare the info and pictures available with some UID.

I sent it to Melissa Gregory

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast