IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

thread #1
thread #2
thread #3
Scanner thread: remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19064873/crews-stop-draining-of-meyers-lake

FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault confirmed a California dive team is on the way to Evansdale. Breault says the dive team will use sonar equipment to scan the lake bed. She says the FBI request to stop draining the lake was made because the sonar equipment will not work in less than six feet of water. Divers will also search the deeper holes of water in the lake.

Breault says authorities have complied with the FBI request.
The dive team will be at the lake Friday at the latest.

The above explains why the fbi has asked for the drain of the lake stopped. They need six feet of water

What did I miss since 2 in the morning?!?! Chicago news didn't even give an update :( I'm going back to thread 3 right now, but would someone like to give me a rundown?

What did I miss since 2 in the morning?!?! Chicago news didn't even give an update :( I'm going back to thread 3 right now, but would someone like to give me a rundown?

We just heard that the FBI asked local LE to stop draining the lake. Apparently they need at least 6 feet of water in the lake to properly use their side scanning sonar equipment.

They have stopped draining the lake because the divers need a minimum amount of water to dive into (6ft, I think). Divers should be there on Friday at the latest.

They have to clear the lake because it is such a potential hazard to the kids and possibly a dumping site for bodies or other evidence. No matter how this case turns out, you can be sure that LE would be facing big problems if they did not thoroughly clear that lake. I think that they would have to do that even if they don't think the girls are there. Defense attorneys are scavengers. No matter who took these girls, failure to clear the lake would be used to make a jury question the thoroughness of the investigation.

In order for a body to be in that lake, it would have to be weighted down and in the deepest part of the water. MOO No one saw a boat, there is no bridge over the lake, so how would a heavily weighted body just happen to sink to the deepest place? If the girls drowned and got tangled in weeds they would not be caught in the deep part unless they had been diving, which I'm sure they were not!

I really don't think that there is anything in the lake. MOO

I am still baffled at the intensity, man power, time, etc.. that LE has put into this Lake. DOn't get me wrong I'm all for being thorough....but shouldn't at least half of this effort be put towards other avenues?

Thanks! I can see why they need some water! Wonder why they won't be there until friday?!

Chicago news isn't even covering this since it came out about the parents rap-sheet :( I'm not sure if that's why, but I assume so. These girls are still missing!!!

I am still baffled at the intensity, man power, time, etc.. that LE has put into this Lake. DOn't get me wrong I'm all for being thorough....but shouldn't at least half of this effort be put towards other avenues?

The lake search is the most visible effort but surely not the only effort being made. I think LE is investigating two tracks in this matter

1 missing persons/runaway or possible abduction

2 possible drowning in lake or foul play bodies dumped in lake

the efforts at the lake are the ones we are most aware of because the media is camped there and watching every move.

We have no idea what other efforts are also being expended at the moment towards other avenues because they are not being livstreamed/videoed and monitored moment by moment by press as is the lake search.

I Believe that the authorities sincerely believe the girls are in the lake. They have been so quick to point out that they do not suspect foul play. I thought I had read, also, that they didn't think that other children in the area are in danger. While they are planning on sifting through Evansville garbage, they really DO seem to be putting most of their efforts into the lake.

Thanks! I can see why they need some water! Wonder why they won't be there until friday?!

Chicago news isn't even covering this since it came out about the parents rap-sheet :( I'm not sure if that's why, but I assume so. These girls are still missing!!!

They will be here "by Friday" suggests no later than Friday but leaves room for them to arrive and begin the search before Friday IMO

I am thinking when they arrive is about logistics and not that they are putting the search off til Friday

the article I posted upstream says the dive team is on the way... coming from CA.

Case Map is in my signature...

Hollye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draining of a lake at the center of a search for two missing Iowa girls was stopped Wednesday night at the request of the Federal Bureau Investigation, an FBI official said.

The FBI wants at least six feet of water in Meyers Lake, located in an Evansdale city park, to ensure the effectiveness of sonar, said FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault. An FBI dive time is en route to the lake today and plans to search the lake using sonar within 24 hours, she said.

“The absolute latest they’ll be ready to go is in the morning,” Breault said.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120719/NEWS/120719008/0/SPORTS/?odyssey=nav|head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer