Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanting2Help View Post
    I don't have sound on my computer, can someone tell me what the video says?

TIA!!
    2 prong approach

Lake Draining
    Interviews
    No Stones Unturned

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to palaminodee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post
    As I type this, it is 12:06 pm here in Iowa.

The temperature here (90 miles and southwest of Evansdale) is 85 F right now. That's over the limit for flying in dogs.

Last night, it didn't drop to 84 degrees here until it was almost dark out (8:30 pm or so).

Getting dogs in and out of Iowa by air in the summer is always a dicy business.
    Is FBI bringing in more dogs???

if they are, geesh I would hope they could be considered service dogs and could fly in the cabin...or private/government transport
    hmm not sure how that is handled specifically by FBI

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

I understand being thorough and agree, but I honestly don't think I have ever seen this much care go into searching a body of water even in similar cases. Like, dragging sonar divers draining and then more dragging sonar and divers.

Maybe I have some of the facts twisted or maybe they do do all of that in other cases and it just isn't reported?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Darcyline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wanting2Help View Post
    I don't have sound on my computer, can someone tell me what the video says?

TIA!!
    Paraphrasing: FBI is taking a two-pronged approach to the investigation. Public sees dredging of the lake, the lake being drained, but what public doesn't see is that we are conducting polygraphs, we are conducting interviews...we are leaving no stone unturned.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Darcyline View Post
    I understand being thorough and agree, but I honestly don't think I have ever seen this much care go into searching a body of water even in similar cases. Like, dragging sonar divers draining and then more dragging sonar and divers.

Maybe I have some of the facts twisted or maybe they do do all of that in other cases and it just isn't reported?
    There have been multiple dives and searches of certain specific areas of teh Kennebec River in Waterville Maine in the Ayla Reynolds case as well. We are equally puzzled by those. But you are right, it is not something I am used to seeing or would consider SOP either.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Transcripts of last night's JVM Show with interview of Tammy B (sister) below.

A few of us wanted to confirm whether Tammy had said that DM had been working out a plea deal in his upcoming case:

BROUSSEAU: OK. He doesn`t have a job. He`s not working. And, you know, his issue is not -- it`s not that he`s purchasing the meth. It`s that he was caught with three meth labs. And it`s on public record. There`s a trial to take place in maybe a couple weeks here. He`s been offered a plea agreement. You know, it`s still all pending. It`s all pending.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

So if the girls ARE in the lake...the soonest we will know is tomorrow?
    Just my opinion, of course.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    mod note: at this time we can discuss what is in the main stream media in regards to the parents. That being said, there has been nothing reported that links any of these parents to the vanishing of these two girls. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum and the family are considered victims at this time as well. Thank you for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    Is FBI bringing in more dogs???

if they are, geesh I would hope they could be considered service dogs and could fly in the cabin...or private/government transport
    hmm not sure how that is handled specifically by FBI
    No more dogs, I made a mistake with a date on an article.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Transcripts of last night's JVM Show with interview of Tammy B (sister) below.

A few of us wanted to confirm whether Tammy had said that DM had been working out a plea deal in his upcoming case:

BROUSSEAU: OK. He doesn`t have a job. He`s not working. And, you know, his issue is not -- it`s not that he`s purchasing the meth. It`s that he was caught with three meth labs. And it`s on public record. There`s a trial to take place in maybe a couple weeks here. He`s been offered a plea agreement. You know, it`s still all pending. It`s all pending.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/18/ijvm.01.html
    My respect for Jane Velez-Mitchell just went up:

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Well, I don`t think any of us can judge what these family members are going through. And people have been judging, saying, oh, well, one is smiling too much. Psychologists will tell you that we have absolutely no idea how people react. That the way they react in the movies has nothing to do with the way people react in real life.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19058727/a...issing-cousins

Residential and commercial trash in the city of Evansdale has been set aside for searching in the Black Hawk County Landfill.

This is from an article posted yesterday. I wonder when they are going to start searching it? Or if they already have started?

Is Iowa in the central time zone? TIA.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to brighidin For This Useful Post:

yes Iowa is CST

22. The Following User Says Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by brighidin View Post
    http://www.kwwl.com/story/19058727/a...issing-cousins

Residential and commercial trash in the city of Evansdale has been set aside for searching in the Black Hawk County Landfill.

This is from an article posted yesterday. I wonder when they are going to start searching it? Or if they already have started?

Is Iowa in the central time zone? TIA.
    Yep, we are.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to threecrazykids For This Useful Post:

yes...Central

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpea33 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    We just heard that the FBI asked local LE to stop draining the lake. Apparently they need at least 6 feet of water in the lake to properly use their side scanning sonar equipment.
    OT - your kitty looks just like mine - his name is Shadow Man - he's a manx.
    "No job too large; I'll get to the bottom of it!"
    -It's wawa...CHEE-wawa

Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast