AZ AZ - Cindy Haumann, 21, Tucson, 3 Nov 1980

why on earth is there no other info available surrounding her vanishing??

why on earth is there no other info available surrounding her vanishing??
I'm not sure. I couldn't find any FB pages or blogs dedicated to her, either. The NamUs rep was going to double check to see if she had a DNA profile somewhere. The only identifier she has is dental records.

I'm not sure. I couldn't find any FB pages or blogs dedicated to her, either. The NamUs rep was going to double check to see if she had a DNA profile somewhere. The only identifier she has is dental records.
Can you try to find out what the L stood for and whether Haumann was her married name or her maiden name?

Thanks--that looks promising! I looked up the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann, and one of the former cities listed is Sierra Vista, AZ.
I found someone in Fort Madison, IA with the same name and age as the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann in the family tree.

I found someone in Fort Madison, IA with the same name and age as the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann in the family tree.
That's the same one who used to live in Sierra Vista. I mainly wanted to see if he had ever lived I AZ. Since he did (although I can't tell when), I take that as an indicator that the Cindy Lee Haumann you found is the one who's missing. I hadn't planned to contact him myself--I'm terrible at cold calling people--but if you're good at that sort of thing, maybe you could call him.

It's against TOS to contact the family. They can seek us out and request our assistance, but we can't seek them out. Any contact should be made to the contact information listed at NamUs. Seeking out the family has been a sure way to earn a permanent vacation from WS.

It's against TOS to contact the family. They can seek us out and request our assistance, but we can't seek them out. Any contact should be made to the contact information listed at NamUs. Seeking out the family has been a sure way to earn a permanent vacation from WS.
(BBM for clarity)

That's not something I'd feel comfortable doing, anyway, even if it were allowed.

Have you touched base with the Namus rep lately? I wonder whether anyone from LE is actually working the case.

Have you touched base with the Namus rep lately? I wonder whether anyone from LE is actually working the case.

No. Last I knew they were going to look for Cindy's DNA. I would think it would be easier to contact the investigators in MS to see if the JD had dental records, but what do I know?

No. Last I knew they were going to look for Cindy's DNA. I would think it would be easier to contact the investigators in MS to see if the JD had dental records, but what do I know?
Investigators in MS? She disappeared from Arizona, so I'm not sure what MS stands for. JD...justice department?

I was referring to the Jane Doe, who was found in Mississippi - MS
The Jane Doe doesn't list dental records, but Cindy does.

I had completely forgotten about your Jane Doe in Mississippi. It seems like a long shot considering the time and distance--most people who disappear under suspicious circumstances are actually murder victims whose bodies were destroyed or hidden--but I do think the match is worth checking due to the physical similarities.

I had completely forgotten about your Jane Doe in Mississippi. It seems like a long shot considering the time and distance--most people who disappear under suspicious circumstances are actually murder victims whose bodies were destroyed or hidden--but I do think the match is worth checking due to the physical similarities.

That may be, but there are so few details in Cindy's case, who knows for sure what happened. Definitely worth looking into, like you said.
A few of the more recent matches were in places not even close to where the MP went missing (Christine Thornton/Anita Drake).

Are you any good with online newspaper searches? There's so little information online...I'm hoping that maybe there was a least one article with a little more information.

Adding a picture of Cindy from NAMUS:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17277/

AZ– Cindy L Haumann, W/F, 21, Tucson, Pima County, 3 Nov 1980

Cindy L Haumann

*Alias: Cynthia Lynn ?

Cindy-Haumann-76351_0.jpg

Missing From: Tucson, Pima County, Arizona

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 08/15/1959
Height: 5’2” (62”)
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair: Blonde/Strawberry
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Scar on unknown hand, tattoo on ankle, reading glasses
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Not Available
Dental Status: Available
DNA Status: Not Available

Circumstances:
Cindy was last seen at her home in Tuscon, Arizona 11/30/1980.
Not a lot of information out there on Cindy, did find an address 824 E 10th Street listed for her.

Investigating Agencies:
Tucson Police Department
270 South Stone Avenue
Tucson, AZ. 85701
Tele: 520.791.4645
MP Case # 0011034013
Web: Missing Persons

NCIC # M-289628301

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case # 17277: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Dustin Driscoll