1432 users online (310 members and 1122 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Cindy L Haumann, 21, Tucson, 3 Nov 1980

According to Charley Project,

Cindy was last seen at her home on November 3, 1980, and disappeared under "suspicious" circumstances. Few details are available in her case:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ann_cindy.html

Satch

I sent this in to Namus:
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8675
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17277/0/
    They have ankle tattoos and hand scars, however, Cindy only has dental available where as the UP has DNA and fingerprints, no dental. I'm just befuddled as to why that is:

(modsnip)
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 09-08-2016 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Remove post mortem photo.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

why on earth is there no other info available surrounding her vanishing??
    Monsters Live Amongst Us

Quote Originally Posted by BoggLed in Ohio View Post
    why on earth is there no other info available surrounding her vanishing??
    I'm not sure. I couldn't find any FB pages or blogs dedicated to her, either. The NamUs rep was going to double check to see if she had a DNA profile somewhere. The only identifier she has is dental records.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    I'm not sure. I couldn't find any FB pages or blogs dedicated to her, either. The NamUs rep was going to double check to see if she had a DNA profile somewhere. The only identifier she has is dental records.
    Can you try to find out what the L stood for and whether Haumann was her married name or her maiden name?

I found a family tree where a Cindy Lee Haumann is listed. I'm not sure if it's the same Cindy, but guessing by the DOB's of the parents listed, it could be her: http://www.bassett.net/gendata-o/p1798.htm

I found a family tree where a Cindy Lee Haumann is listed. I'm not sure if it's the same Cindy, but guessing by the DOB's of the parents listed, it could be her: http://www.bassett.net/gendata-o/p1798.htm
    Thanks--that looks promising! I looked up the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann, and one of the former cities listed is Sierra Vista, AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    Thanks--that looks promising! I looked up the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann, and one of the former cities listed is Sierra Vista, AZ.
    I found someone in Fort Madison, IA with the same name and age as the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann in the family tree.

I found someone in Fort Madison, IA with the same name and age as the father listed for Cindy Lee Haumann in the family tree.
    That's the same one who used to live in Sierra Vista. I mainly wanted to see if he had ever lived I AZ. Since he did (although I can't tell when), I take that as an indicator that the Cindy Lee Haumann you found is the one who's missing. I hadn't planned to contact him myself--I'm terrible at cold calling people--but if you're good at that sort of thing, maybe you could call him.

It's against TOS to contact the family. They can seek us out and request our assistance, but we can't seek them out. Any contact should be made to the contact information listed at NamUs. Seeking out the family has been a sure way to earn a permanent vacation from WS.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    It's against TOS to contact the family. They can seek us out and request our assistance, but we can't seek them out. Any contact should be made to the contact information listed at NamUs. Seeking out the family has been a sure way to earn a permanent vacation from WS.
    (BBM for clarity)

That's not something I'd feel comfortable doing, anyway, even if it were allowed.