"Acadia Parish Sheriff Ken Goss was in office at the time and told Eyewitness News they were unable to tell from a preliminary examination of the remains how Pate was killed, but sheriff Goss says it was obvious from the boards that had been placed over the body it was foul play."
Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?
Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)
Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)
The house and property were owned by the couple involved in the auto accident. BSL's first cousin was renting the house at the time.
Speculating about Pate's disappearance in June and estimated date of death on July 3. I wonder whether there was other evidence that helped investigators narrow the date of death... Botanical (plant) or insects, for example.
Not seeking to condemn or condone...just searching for the truth.
I think the point of discussing the LP case and where she was found would be to possibly shed some light on where Mickey might be found.
We know through MSM now that the property she was found on was a rented property. It was not suggested that the renter knew BSL at all. I doubt the renter did know BSL. The renter had only lived there a month. August/September? JMO
It has been rumored that there was some connection between the owner of that rental property and BSL. Locals are stating there is a connection. I guess it is just a rumor that I cannot discuss at this point.
I cannot find the article on the accident June 19th on HWY 95 that according to locals on this thread BSL was allegedly involved in, so I am guess that is another rumor that we should not discuss?
I just feel that the connection between BSL and the property LP was found on, plus the location of the property might be important in helping LE find Mickey.
If any of this makes any sense at all.
Wondering why MS is not on NAMUS?
(a) interrupted, such as finding blowfly activity in a certain stage which, along with temperature readings, can tell how long a body has been somewhere (full adult blowflies are useless as they can come from anywhere and can fly for miles), or
(b) is season-specific, such as a certain type of cyanid which only flies for two-three weeks in September.
Here is the data posted last night about fatalities in 1999 in that area.
St Landry Parrish - #220299
JMO....but I don't think BSL will confess to anything....even if they take the death penalty off the table. My reasoning for this: If he committed more than just these two murders (which is a very high probability), he knows that it will be tacked on to the next victim that they link to him. I don't think he has anything to lose at this point!
Very sad for the community and the families of these beautiful girls.
A few things to know about Louisiana:
1) Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
2 )There are 5,000 types of snakes, and 4,998 live in Louisiana.
3 )There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Louisiana, plus a couple that nobody has seen before.
4) Squirrels and crawfish will eat anything.
5) Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
6) Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they are ripe.
7) Festivals are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect/animal or profession.
8) It's not a "garden hose," it is a "hose pipe."
9) A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinna coke you want?"
10) It is not a "shopping cart", it is a "buggy."
11) Fire ants float in a flood ... beware.
12) People actually grow and eat okra.
13) "Fixinto" is one word, as in "I'm fixinto go to Cannata's"
14) There ain't no such thing as "lunch." There's "dinner" and then there's "supper."
15) Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two.
16) Backwards and forwards" means, "I know everything about you."
17) "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
18) You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
19) Fried catfish is "the other white meat"
20) Distances are measured in minutes, not miles.
I had read the first information about the owners here and on TD, but I had not heard about cousin. I assume "at the time" means at the time of LP being missing.
When her remains were found, the renters had only been there August/September according to MSM http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_...home_news_lead
I hope LE has looked for MS on property of any close or distant relatives/friends of BLS.
While I did find news archives on other fatal accidents in Acadia Parish in 1999, I did not find news archives on this fatal accident in St. Landry Parish.
The Advocate's archives go back further than The Advertiser's archives.
I found the Acadia Parish accidents from 1999 in the Advocate's archives.
The Advertiser's archives only go back to 2002 online.
My thoughts here are:
Try BSL for the murder of LP first. If, by the conclusion of that trial, MS isn't found, bargain down for life-in-exchange-for-MS's-body (assuming guilt is proven, of course).
I remember MS's Dad said there would be no bargaining on the Nancy Grace show.
Last edited by Houston Mom; 07-19-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling
Has it been posted that the body found in Atlanta TX was an 88 yr old male who committed suicide? I believe I read that correctly.