Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 1734

Thread: LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15
    Not sure if this has been posted but it has some good details and is talking about bloodied pictures and the women's licenses
    http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shu...are-there-more


  2. #127
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    244
    Interesting...per KATC's broadcast, on Feb 9, 2000 BSL was arrested by OPD on simple battery charge. He never went to court for it, so the warrant is still active. Apparently, he had gone to Evangeline Parish to stand trial for the oral sexual battery charge, and went to jail because of that; when he was released in 2008, he never was tried for the simple battery charge.

  3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RWRNHZ40 For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by MarleneLaf View Post
    New here. Not sure if this is connected in any way, but found this interesting. The same Deputy Sheriff that interviewed BSL at Oschner's on May 19th was recently arrested and resigned after a drunk driving incident. Two things I am curious about: 1)If after he realized it was BSL, if this guy went off the deep end? and 2) How this will effect BSL's case if at all?

    Arrest report: http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/..._offi_958.html

    Report mentioning Deputy's name: http://theadvocate.com/news/police/3...details-scarce
    I saw that in the paper this morning... IMO I don't think it will affect BSL's case at all.

    We never saw the NOPD report, did we?
    Last edited by Kitty Stiletto; 07-19-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: to add a thought.
    Not seeking to condemn or condone...just searching for the truth.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kitty Stiletto For This Useful Post:


  6. #129
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Houston, by way of Acadiana
    Posts
    557
    Was just going to post the same, Steph85.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to HouDat For This Useful Post:


  8. #130
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    44
    I posted this on the other thread right before it closed...I was leaning towards BSL taking Mickey out of town (TX) and hiding her body there. But now when I think about it, does anyone think he would drive all the way to TX with a body in the truck (even if he hid her in the truck). It seems too risky but then again he is all about taking risks.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacalla1a For This Useful Post:


  10. #131
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,684
    I just opened it?

    "Those sources would not say whether evidence collected from Lavergne’s home helped to build the cases against him in the Shunick and Pate murders. However, they did confirm that law enforcement officials outside of the 15th Judicial District, which covers Lafayette, Acadia and Vermilion parishes, are also looking at any possible connections between Lavergne and other crimes against women. Those investigations stretch into Texas as well"

    http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shu...are-there-more

  11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northshore, LA
    Posts
    723
    http://www.katc.com/news/da-provides...shunick-cases/

    DA provides more insight into Shunick and Pate cases.

    The DA says he has not been contacted by any other parish or jurisdiction about the possibility of Lavergne being connected to any other missing person or unsolved murder.

    I found this strange. I would hope that Spring, TX LE as well as police from the central LA murdered girl would want to consider a connection.
    A few things to know about Louisiana:

    1) Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2 )There are 5,000 types of snakes, and 4,998 live in Louisiana.
    3 )There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Louisiana, plus a couple that nobody has seen before.
    4) Squirrels and crawfish will eat anything.
    5) Unknown critters love to dig holes under tomato plants.
    6) Raccoons will test your crop of melons and let you know when they are ripe.
    7) Festivals are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect/animal or profession.
    8) It's not a "garden hose," it is a "hose pipe."
    9) A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola, or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinna coke you want?"
    10) It is not a "shopping cart", it is a "buggy."
    11) Fire ants float in a flood ... beware.
    12) People actually grow and eat okra.
    13) "Fixinto" is one word, as in "I'm fixinto go to Cannata's"
    14) There ain't no such thing as "lunch." There's "dinner" and then there's "supper."
    15) Sweet tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two.
    16) Backwards and forwards" means, "I know everything about you."
    17) "Jeet?" is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"
    18) You don't have to wear a watch because it doesn't matter what time it is, you work until you're done or it's too dark to see.
    19) Fried catfish is "the other white meat"
    20) Distances are measured in minutes, not miles.

  13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:


  14. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacalla1a View Post
    I posted this on the other thread right before it closed...I was leaning towards BSL taking Mickey out of town (TX) and hiding her body there. But now when I think about it, does anyone think he would drive all the way to TX with a body in the truck (even if he hid her in the truck). It seems too risky but then again he is all about taking risks.
    He was also all about not getting caught though...he went to extremes in burning his truck. I think Mickey was left behind long before he went to TX; even before he went to tend to his wounds.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  16. #134
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I just opened it?

    "Those sources would not say whether evidence collected from Lavergne’s home helped to build the cases against him in the Shunick and Pate murders. However, they did confirm that law enforcement officials outside of the 15th Judicial District, which covers Lafayette, Acadia and Vermilion parishes, are also looking at any possible connections between Lavergne and other crimes against women. Those investigations stretch into Texas as well"

    http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shu...are-there-more
    It worked for me on the third try. Thanks.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to NewYork625 For This Useful Post:


  18. #135
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,192
    Quote Originally Posted by nola View Post
    http://www.katc.com/news/da-provides...shunick-cases/

    DA provides more insight into Shunick and Pate cases.
    snip:

    (buckle yourselves in for the long haul....)

    Two years is the earliest Harson believes Lavergne will stand trial on either the Shunick or Pate cases.
    This bee my opinion


  19. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,052
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    snip:

    (buckle yourselves in for the long haul....)
    Oh no...two years?
    (My health isn't the best, lol)
    Just my opinion, of course.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  21. #137
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    244
    Trying to catch up still...forgive if it's been posted before.

    An arraignment for Brandon Scott Lavergne has been set for July 27, according to the Lafayette Parish Clerk of Court's office.

    http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...text|FRONTPAGE

  22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RWRNHZ40 For This Useful Post:


  23. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    5,462
    Mickey put up one heck of a fight, one I bet he didn't expect. She was so close to his jugular, oh how I wish.

    Other areas not requesting info relating to unsolved murders???? the citizens ought to raise such a ruckus!!!

    I still can't believe he wasn't near or in New Orleans some!
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

  24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:


  25. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,052
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    Mickey put up one heck of a fight, one I bet he didn't expect. She was so close to his jugular, oh how I wish.

    Other areas not requesting info relating to unsolved murders???? the citizens ought to raise such a ruckus!!!

    I still can't believe he wasn't near or in New Orleans some!
    I guess it is possible that LE has unofficial suspects in many of the unsolved cases...some domestic, some otherwise. Also, LE may not be telling the truth here.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  27. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Posts
    5,462
    Several ID's, Where did the bloodied pictures of him come from?

    Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck.

    http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shu...are-there-more
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:


  29. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    Mickey put up one heck of a fight, one I bet he didn't expect. She was so close to his jugular, oh how I wish.

    Other areas not requesting info relating to unsolved murders???? the citizens ought to raise such a ruckus!!!

    I still can't believe he wasn't near or in New Orleans some!
    BBM...Not picking on you at all...just using your post to jump off..I see constant references to the fight that Mickey put up, but honestly, we cant know that she ever had an opportunity to put up a fight. I know we all, including me, want to think that she seriously hurt him, and I believe she most likely did inflict those wounds on him, but most of you have probably heard that song from several years back, What if God was One of Us....well, maybe that day God was a gold-toothed white guy with no hair or unknown hair, wearing a non-existent Saints jersey at an unknown gas station in an unknown location. I know, not really, but if it was, way to go God!


  30. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,052
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    BBM...Not picking on you at all...just using your post to jump off..I see constant references to the fight that Mickey put up, but honestly, we cant know that she ever had an opportunity to put up a fight. I know we all, including me, want to think that she seriously hurt him, and I believe she most likely did inflict those wounds on him, but most of you have probably heard that song from several years back, What if God was One of Us....well, maybe that day God was a gold-toothed white guy with no hair or unknown hair, wearing a non-existent Saints jersey at an unknown gas station in an unknown location. I know, not really, but if it was, way to go God!
    I agree that it probably should not be taken as fact that Mickey was able to injure him. It is a fair assumption, but only that right now.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  32. #143
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,684
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    Several ID's, Where did the bloodied pictures of him come from?

    Sources close to the Shunick investigation tell The Independent that among the evidence collected from Lavergne’s home in Swords were several women’s IDs and bloodied pictures of Lavergne showing the injuries he sustained May 19, the day Shunick disappeared. Lavergne told a Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s deputy that he was attacked in his truck in the New Orleans area when he stopped at a gas station to ask for directions. He was unable to give the detective any information about where the supposed attack took place. The detective noted that Lavergne had multiple stab wounds on his chest, back, hand and neck.

    http://www.theind.com/news/10985-shu...are-there-more
    Wanna bet those pics were sent to his family members? To show how badly he was hurt when HE got attcked!
    Wanna bet the time stamp on them is from BEFORE 3 pm on the 19th?


  33. #144
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    Please don't think I suggested he had that authority. I was simply putting Mr. Shunick's statements about dealing with BSL into context.
    I know, and I didn't mean to make you think that I thought that

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:


  35. #145
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    986
    I too am curious about the "bloodied" pictures. To me it sounds like pics of his wounds, with actual blood ON the picture itself? I wonder, if pictures of his wounds were taken at the hospital (I know that they sometimes do that) would they give him copies of those?

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LafayetteMom For This Useful Post:


  37. #146
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    Absolutely agree it's the DA's call. Was just expressing my opinion that if I were the DA I would let the families' opinions weigh in loud and clear. Obviously, if the families want the DP but I know I have a problematic case, I still make the deal. Likewise, if the families want the deal but I for whatever reason am adamant about the DP, I don't do the deal. DA's call but if it were me, the families would have a big say in it.

    Speaking of families, anyone know if LP's family learned of this through the news or did LE inform them before/while the GJ hearing was occurring?
    They learned through the news release yesterday after the grand jury ruling. What a shock that must have been. Shouldn't have happened like that.

  38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Galbug For This Useful Post:


  39. #147
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,684
    http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-lav...inal-timeline/

    06/1999: Lisa Pate of Youngsville last seen. Family members say she didn't show up for her son's birthday party, which was weird.

    09/21/1999: Lisa Pate's body is found in the northern part of Acadia Parish.

    12/24/1999: Lavergne's ex-wife accuses him, in the divorce records, of domestic violence at Fort Polk

    02/09/2000: Lavergne booked into the Opelousas jail on a simple battery charge in connection with the claim made by his ex-wife... ...As a result, this case has never gone to trial.

    12/27/00: A judge grants Lavergne's ex-wife custody of their child

    Another family event a woman missed!
    beats his wife up on Christmas eve???
    beats here again (pushes her down) while pregnant!

    Due to multi jurisdictions he slipped away!

    YUP! I'd say he's got a pattern!

    Narcissist to the Nth degree!

    I bet he did hold LP and prevent her from attending her son's b-day party!
    JUST like he ruined their 1st Christmas for his new bride.

    Oh! and Valentines day too!
    sooo typical!

    OH! and a serial killer...
    moo

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  41. #148
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Wanna bet those pics were sent to his family members? To show how badly he was hurt when HE got attcked!
    Wanna bet the time stamp on them is from BEFORE 3 pm on the 19th?
    Perhaps BSL had a tripod....and he used it to hold the camera to document his injuries to support his alibi?

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NewYork625 For This Useful Post:


  43. #149
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,684
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYork625 View Post
    Perhaps BSL had a tripod....and he used it to hold the camera to document his injuries to support his alibi?
    I was thinking cell phone....

  44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  45. #150
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I was thinking cell phone....
    Could be. I was thinking about the dicussion regarding the evidence yesterday...

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to NewYork625 For This Useful Post:


Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1503
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
  2. LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 900
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 09:39 AM
  3. LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35
    By ynotdivein in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1885
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 12:23 PM
  4. LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #34
    By bessie in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 2034
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
  5. ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32
    By SoSueMe in forum Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 1505
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 02:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •