Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
    By using the same process as LE, determining which cases he cannot be a POI in with his incarceration dates, we know:
    April 12, 1999 offense date
    (he obviously was out on bond pending trial to commit LP alledge murder & 2 domestic abuse instances.)
    Feb 25, 2000 pleads guilty & sentenced to 10 years.
    So anything up to Feb 25, 2000 is to be checked and then nothing until August 9, 2008, his release on parole.
    Is this right?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

the vehicle accident on record was on 6/19/99 but she was said to have died on the same day as the accident and she's said to have died on the 7/3. so is this really the right accident?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danzn16 For This Useful Post:

plra

Quote Originally Posted by HOUSTON MOM View Post
    I remember MS's Dad said there would be no bargaining on the Nancy Grace show.
    I do believe the families' wishes are taken in consideration, but I do not believe they have the ultimate say. In my area, it seems deals are usually hashed out between the attorneys (again, I believe they consider the families' wishes). I believe the judge must approve the proposed deal.

ETA typo in post title. Should read "plea".
    Last edited by Kitty Stiletto; 07-19-2012 at 04:23 PM. Reason: typo
    Not seeking to condemn or condone...just searching for the truth.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitty Stiletto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KateB View Post
    By using the same process as LE, determining which cases he cannot be a POI in with his incarceration dates, we know:
    April 12, 1999 offense date
    (he obviously was out on bond pending trial to commit LP alledge murder & 2 domestic abuse instances.)
    Feb 25, 2000 pleads guilty & sentenced to 10 years.
    So anything up to Feb 25, 2000 is to be checked and then nothing until August 9, 2008, his release on parole.
    Is this right?
    http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderd...AgencyID=53604...

It would be nice to know!

The release and probation dates don't line up!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_...home_news_lead

"On the evening of Sept. 21, 1999, skeletal remains of a female were found in on Brigman Highway between the communities of Prudhomme and Pitreville, located in the northern part of Acadia Parish.

Discovered by the home’s renters about a month after moving in, Pate was identified through the work of Louisiana State University anthropologist Mary Mayheim and her team.

The renters, GL and a companion, stumbled upon the remains after deciding to explore the back yard that evening. There GL found three boards. He told police he moved the first board to investigate and found a human skull."

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Lavergne indicted

ETA Map link
    http://goo.gl/maps/znfX

Somewhere in this stretch of Brigman I am guessing?

Latest UpdateLisa Pate's family: She was a loving & caring person

02:20 PM

Lisa Pate's family talks to KATC's Jenise Fernandez today at 5 and 6. She's the second woman Brandon Lavergne is accused of killing. Family says hearing about the indictment yesterday was shocking. They describe Lisa as a loving and caring person.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se...ickey-shunick/

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxfire For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
    My recollection is that he was willing to let BSL go free if he could bring Mickey home alive but that if she were dead, then forget it. I think what we are discussing now is a little bit different. He may be of that opinion but I think it was expressed in a different context at that time.
    "If she is still alive out there, I'd bargain with [Lavergne]," said Shunick. "As far as I'm concerned, he can go [free] if it'd bring my daughter back, but if he's buried the body out there, I don't want to bargain for that." Quote from Tom Shunick 7/9/12 to KATC http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se.../#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/90/

I agree very different from negotiating between DP and Life without Parole. And though the DA may well take the family's wishes into account to some degree when offering pleas, ultimately it's the DA's office that will determine whether they offer (or accept from defense) any negotiations.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to katie78 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    the vehicle accident on record was on 6/19/99 but she was said to have died on the same day as the accident and she's said to have died on the 7/3. so is this really the right accident?
    The info posted via a WS verified insider was that she went missing the same day of the accident.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to katie78 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post

Difference of a week on the conviction date too.
    So Feb 18, 2000 to Aug 9, 2008, unless someone can validate the Feb 25 conviction date that was from the TD timeline.

The probation dates don't concern me for this purpose, but I wonder if the overlapping probation dates to release date isn't a short term, last 90 days transitional process and typical. I've not scrutinized criminal history this close ever.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post:

My recollection is that he was willing to let BSL go free if he could bring Mickey home alive but that if she were dead, then forget it. I think what we are discussing now is a little bit different. He may be of that opinion but I think it was expressed in a different context at that time.
    He could be willing to let BSL go free if Mickey was brought home alive, but unfortunately, that isn't how the judicial system works. The DA holds all of the cards.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

Is it possible that BSL was on probation for the domestic charge starting in Nov. 2007, while he was still in jail for the rape? Just taking a stab at why the dates don't align....but that may not be correct since, I am not sure if the domestic case ever went to court.
    Hubby: "So LE knows that 99.99% of the time it's the spouse".
    Me: "Right, so don't even try anything"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to nola For This Useful Post:

At the time, Lavergne was in the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Polk. Vernon Parish sources requested anonymity say records indicate he was also accused of, but not arrested or charged with, rape during his time there.

Read more: EvangelineToday.com - Shunick suspect s background one of contradictions includes homicide probe alleged rape

Is this yet another rape? The woman didn't press charges...

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide

so he was a POI!!!

~oh Bessie??? I found that link!
    Oh yeah, they suspected him from the beginning as far as I can tell, but he was already in jail on unrelated charges (the sex offense.)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaRoux For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by danzn16 View Post
    That's a good question, and I don't have any answers.

There are too many different stories out there at this point for me to make any progress.

All that I really know is that the property where she was found was a rental property, and that the renters (who found her) moved in after she was put there. These renters who found her lived there about a month before discovering her.

Some MSM reports say she went missing in June.
    At least one MSM report states she died on the 3rd of July, but I don't know how that was figured out.

I have heard different stories about who was in the accident.
    I have heard different stories about who lived in the house at the time of the accident.
    I have heard different stories about how the accident and LP's death are related.

It is all making my head spin. I will have to wait for more MSM reports.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Latest UpdateLisa Pate's family: She was a loving & caring person

02:20 PM

Lisa Pate's family talks to KATC's Jenise Fernandez today at 5 and 6. She's the second woman Brandon Lavergne is accused of killing. Family says hearing about the indictment yesterday was shocking. They describe Lisa as a loving and caring person.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/se...ickey-shunick/
    ------------
    I'm nit-picking here, but shouldn't it be " the other woman" or "the first woman" BSL is accused of killing? (As in: the first woman that we know of.). The refer to Lisa as the second implies there was another before her (possible).

I know I'm acting the grammar police...but that's how rumors start.
    Last edited by Kitty Stiletto; 07-19-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo
    Not seeking to condemn or condone...just searching for the truth.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kitty Stiletto For This Useful Post:

Agree with the sentiment but I would put my own feelings aside on this one. For me, I would be asking the Shunicks. Whatever they want. If they don't want a deal, go for the DP. If they want to know where Mickey's body is so they can bring her home in exchange for life w/o, then I cut the deal.
    Too bad deals like this have to be DP or no DP - IMO, too bad they can't offer something, "tell us where she is and you will get to live an extra year in jail before we zap you."
    I don't like seeing ****s getting their way and making bargains - poor Mickey, what kind of bargain/deal did she ever get?
    "oldsteve" - no relation to anyone outside this forum, and what I write is meant only for Websleuths.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

I thought I read on here that the suspect had been in a car accident, and a woman passenger in that car accident, was injured to the point of being in a wheelchair. Is this true, or rumor, and if it is true, can someone post the link to the article again?

Thank you.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to concentric For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast