Identified! NE - Dawes Co., Human remains in pasture, Jul'12 - Michael Munoz

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
A forensic examination has been ordered to determine the identity and cause of death of an individual whose remains were found in a pasture north of Chadron

More - http://www.chadrad.com/newsstory.cfm?story=25349

Better than average chance it is Joshua Bullock, missing for several months and thought to have been disposed of in rural Dawes County (which is redundant since there appears to be two small towns there).

http://kneb.com/index.php?more=bm7zxc9k

It is not Josh...he was found in late June in Southwest Dawes county. These remains are North of Chadron, right on the South Dakota border. I'm thinking those of Catherine Tournquist, missing since October from Hot Springs SD? Son recently charged with her murder....case is also here on WebSleuths and I have been following it for months.

I am confused. if the remains in the Dawes Co. pasture are not Josh then why did someone change the title to identified on this thread?

It is not Josh...he was found in late June in Southwest Dawes county. These remains are North of Chadron, right on the South Dakota border. I'm thinking those of Catherine Tournquist, missing since October from Hot Springs SD? Son recently charged with her murder....case is also here on WebSleuths and I have been following it for months.

We would have heard from Catherine's family if they were, in fact, her remains. Family posts on the other thread and have not made an announcement that they are her remains. IMHO

Two different stories here. Josh Bullock's remains were found in June.

Now there are other remains found in Dawes county on 7-16-2012.
This link: http://www.chadrad.com/newsstory.cfm?story=25349

Thank you, I was just going to post this.

This link matches the opening post:

A forensic examination has been ordered to determine the identity and cause of death of an individual whose remains were found in a pasture north of Chadron, Dawes County Attorney Vance Haug said in a news release Monday afternoon, July 16.

A Dawes County resident had contacted law enforcement earlier to report that he had found human remains on his property while moving cattle Monday morning

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/lo...cle_ee1791f8-cf99-11e1-9441-0019bb2963f4.html

The remains for which this thread were started were found on Monday July 16, 2012.

I will ask the mods to correct.

Welcome to WS Rural_Americanite. :welcome:

Great catch, thank you. I looked and was unable to find a thread for the remains found in June which were later identified as Josh's. The remains for which this thread was started were found on Monday July 16, 2012 and are not yet identified AFAIK.

We would have heard from Catherine's family if they were, in fact, her remains. Family posts on the other thread and have not made an announcement that they are her remains. IMHO

I agree with that thought but still wonder since they have not yet idnetified the remains so Catherine's family might not have yet been informed. And I'm just hoping for some answers in her case, I have no way of knowing one way or the other whom the remains may belong to. Just guessing.

Oops...thank you for the info. Should have been a little more careful with the date on that. Lot of action for such a rural area.

Oops also. I think I was confused too, and jumped the gun. My sincere apologies!

Thank you for catching the mistake!

Looks like another case of a partial skeleton. This was the only Nebraska Doe in NamUs that didn't have a thread - we're coming up on 6 years now.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10689

I'm sad the only identifying information is that he was found with a wallet.

From July '12
Human remains found in Dawes County tentatively identified
Dawes County Attorney and Coroner Vance Haug stated in a release on Wednesday that investigators from the Dawes County Sheriff’s Office and the Nebraska State Patrol have tentatively identified the human remains discovered in a pasture in rural Dawes County on Monday, July 16. In order to make a positive identification testing, samples from family members will be required.

I think the wallet near the body contained some type of ID, but it's been over 6 years since the remains were found and I think they should have some answers by now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back