*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHERIE.T

Former Member
Reaction score
CNN reporting mass shooting 10 people murdered at midnight premier of the new BatMan movie.
Some saying bombs and gunfire.

20-30 injuried

Children hurt

Prayers to all
So sad

Local here (been to that movie theater lots of times). Been texting friends left and right haven't heard back from any of them.

Local here (been to that movie theater lots of times). Been texting friends left and right haven't heard back from any of them.

Keep us posted hon.

MSN saying LE used cars to transport wounded ... They didn't want to wait for ambulances.

CNN saying possibly bombs went off.....bomb squad at the scene.

I was just sitting here watching tv when they broke in. I am in shock. Prayers to the families of the victims! I am so sad this happened. How could someone do this? I am praying for all involved :(

It IS surreal! I know people who waited all week to take their kids to this movie. It's so sad something as violent as this happened.

Police giving first presser
1gunman in custody.....said he has explosives at his residence.

OMG 14 dead
....50 injuried

The mall this happened at has always had a bad rep, but this surpasses anything I could have imagined. :(

Thanks want justice! I could not post a link on this iPad!

No problem! I am just listening to all of this in complete shock. The more I hear the sicker I get. Don't personally know anyone but it is just so sad. Feel terrible for family of victims!

The mall this happened at has always had a bad rep, but this surpasses anything I could have imagined. :(

My city has a theatre with a bad rep too. There have been a couple fights in the parking lot but nothing other than that.

Guess what movie me and dh were going to tonight? Not anymore.

OMG!

14 dead in shooting at Batman premiere in Denver

A masked gunman shot dead 14 people and wounded many others at a showing of new Batman movie The Dark Knight Rises at a movie theatre in the U.S. city of Denver, police said Friday.

Local radio station KOA said a figure in a gas mask had opened fire at the showing in a mall in the suburb of Aurora and set off a smoke or tear gas bomb. It said initial police estimates were of 30 to 40 injured.

Dozens of police were at the scene, CNN footage showed.

KOA said authorities were evacuating the area while they checked if there was an exploding device there.

CNN quoted one witness as saying he saw a “guy slowly making his way up the stairs and firing, picking random people”.

It said local hospitals were alerted to a “mass casualty incident”.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-at-batman-premiere-in-denver/article4429306/

Why? Why? Why? :tears:

No problem! I am just listening to all of this in complete shock. The more I hear the sicker I get. Don't personally know anyone but it is just so sad. Feel terrible for family of victims!

I know how you feel ! I'm feeling shocked too. Just so sad and senseless.

SpriteGirl, I am praying for your friends to be safe. This is terrible, another senseless manmade tragedy. My daughter is off to the premiere today, I have made Batman cakes for her and her friends, she is so excited, what type of idiot would want to spoil it? :sick:

What is going on in this world? Lots of rumors flying around. Children did attend this showing.

One of the witnessses on the news described a police officer carrying a lifeless child out the front door. :(

My thoughts are with you and the community. So sorry. I hope you hear back from your friends. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni