Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1695

Thread: *DEVELOPING* Shooting at a Colorado movie

Quote Originally Posted by February View Post
    am trying to understand this...

James Holmes cant find a job
    James Holmes went back to school for a PHD and it cost money.
    James Holmes is renting an apartment
    James Holmes is on a gun shopping spree for months
    James Holmes has a 2 door white car
    He had a master's degree and worked part time at Mcdonalds.

Who is FEEDING James Holmes with the money and all of these?

Father is a senior software manager and mother is a nurse but he is damn 24 years old?
    ITA, maybe the parents were helping out with school and rent, but everything he used in the attack was very expensive and how did he even get ahold of some of it? I think it's possible someone or group was backing him, but anything's possible. I pray it's just him, but from college student to radical terrorist, I don't know. I don't care what anyone wants to call him, he's a terrorist. On top of that multiple buckets of ammo in his apartment, that's not cheap by any means.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winterrose For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Agreed...

Batman would be sad!
    gingr, that's breathtaking.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Cooper Harris baked to death after spending approx. 7 hours strapped in a too small car seat in jh's car.
    Justice for Cooper
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts. Albert Einstein
    All my post are moo, IMOO, my

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHERIE.T For This Useful Post:

CERT exercises coincide with many similar tragedies. I will say no more on that cause it is way too close to home. Truth I always thought was best. They say truth hurts. That is the understatement of the century.
    ~Human Beings Are All Members Of One Body.
    They Are Created From The Same Essence.
    When One Member Is In Pain,
    The Others Cannot Rest.
    If You Do Not Care About The Pain Of Others,
    You Do Not Deserve To Be Called A Human Being.~

A Quote From 13th Century Famous Persian Poet Saadi Shirazi

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic72981_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby2 View Post
    Timothy McVeigh is called a terrorist..
    When you bomb a building and kill 100+ people in the biggest terrorist attack (at the time) in US History, people don't really have much of a choice in what they call you.

Does our society consider people who bomb abortion clinics to be terrorists? Definitely not even though they have a political agenda. Most people believe our country has suffered two terrorist attacks: OKC and 9/11.

If his name was Mohammad, even if he had no connection to any terrorist group, even if there was no evidence of any political agenda, he would be called a terrorist as soon as his name and picture hit the airwaves. And no one would be trying to humanize him, and discuss what mental illness he might have.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Per news, they found some pictures that are fairly disturbing
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ed-police-say/

wondering what kind of pictures are these ..
    They didn't find disturbing pictures. They send in robots that took photos (which this article calls pictures) of his apartment. That's what disturbing because it shows that his apartment is seriously booby trapped.
    Just my opinion

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Per news, they found some pictures that are fairly disturbing
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ed-police-say/

wondering what kind of pictures are these ..
    They are pictures that law enforcement took of the inside of the apartment from outside the window. Pictures of the booby-traps etc.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benny08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    ITA, maybe the parents were helping out with school and rent, but everything he used in the attack was very expensive and how did he even get ahold of some of it? I think it's possible someone or group was backing him, but anything's possible. I pray it's just him, but from college student to radical terrorist, I don't know. I don't care what anyone wants to call him, he's a terrorist. On top of that multiple buckets of ammo in his apartment, that's not cheap by any means.
    IMO, follow the money

LE says the devices inside the apartment looks sophisticated... $$$$

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to February For This Useful Post:

As an FYI, it looks like he gave a presentation on MicroRNA Biomarkers in May. ( link, see page 2 )

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    They didn't find disturbing pictures. They send in robots that took photos (which this article calls pictures) of his apartment. That's what disturbing because it shows that his apartment is seriously booby trapped.
    ok. i guess we will have to wait for more news on it.

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    gingr, that's breathtaking.
    I can't take credit I found them on the web...
    here's another. if anyone wants to use it.
    All posts are MOO

18. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

Ada

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I can't take credit I found them on the web...
    here's another. if anyone wants to use it.
    Thank you. Beautiful way to honor the deceased and the wounded IMO.
    Cooper Harris baked to death after spending approx. 7 hours strapped in a too small car seat in jh's car.
    Justice for Cooper

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CHERIE.T For This Useful Post:

gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE.T View Post
    Thank you. Beautiful way to honor the deceased and the wounded IMO.
    The site asked people to share them. There will be a LOT more soon!

It's just so senseless and sad!
    All posts are MOO

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

About the money and the cost of the equipment and weapons and ammo etc.

I think it is possible that he charged a lot of it, and he also may have had a student loan.

Lots of times the students are given a big lump sum at the start of the year, often in the thousands of dollars. Since he dropped out last month he had a lot of left over tuition money.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Jordan Gwahi

http://www.jordanghawi.com/blog/

Read his blog posts about his sister, especially the one marked 1015 AM. Totally emotionless. That is not the way someone talks about the murder of thier loved one. That is the way an EMT talks to thier supervisor, or the language a cop uses when filling out a report. He's speaking as a first responder, not a grieving loved one, like he's on autopilot. I know I spoke and wrote like that when discussing my mother while she was dying a slow death from cancer, and I was not a very nice or safe person to be around in the weeks after she died.
    That is just my opnion, I certaintly don't have any psychological training, just a feeling I get from him after working EMS for 5 years. I truly hope this poor guy can speak to someone, counselor/clergy or what have you, before he goes back on the job.
    JMO

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    About the money and the cost of the equipment and weapons and ammo etc.

I think it is possible that he charged a lot of it, and he also may have had a student loan.

Lots of times the students are given a big lump sum at the start of the year, often in the thousands of dollars. Since he dropped out last month he had a lot of left over tuition money.
    Since he is in the graduate program, he would not be paying tuition to begin with.
    Just my opinion

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Sorry, I meant to put my previous post in the victim's thread and I don't know how to move it. Moderators, could you move it over there if you think it doesn't belong here? Thanks, and again, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PAXIMUS View Post
    I realize I am a nobody around here like anyone else who posts on forums like this but I can tell you there is very, very, very slim chance that this was a terrorist attack, the hallmarks and signatures of Islamic Terrorism are not in evidence and it is of great importance that some group or groups stand up and take responsibility for this. All we have here is some kid, perhaps mentally ill, who has experienced some sort of trigger that set this rage that has been building in him off. That is all we have here, IF there were any chance at all that this was a terrorist attack the FEDS would be taking full advantage of that and screaming it from the rooftops.
    IMO this Aurora massacre was probably inspired by the norwegian massmurderer/terrorist Anders Behring Breivik.

And I see it as the same type of terrorist attack as Anders Behring Breivik commited.

James Holmes's aganda was probably not the same as Anders Behring Breivik's, however it is as if JH used Breivik's deeds as a recipe for his own horrible deed.

There are SO many similarities:

Both targeted a location with potential young people-victims.

Both choose to kill as many people as possible.

Both had parallel second crime scen/location involving bomb/bombs.

Both used timer mechanisms
    ABB: for the car bomb in Oslo city
    JH: to stop the techno music playing in his apartment at precisley 1AM.

Both used several simelar weapons, example; both had 2 Glocks each.

Both pretened to be somthing they were not:
    ABB: a policeman
    JH: a moviegoer

Both used more than one outfits throughout their crime.

Both wore bulitsafe west.

Both wore a specific black outfit:
    ABB: Black ballistic outfits.
    JH: Black police outfits

Both had a fantasy identity:
    ABB: belive he is "knight Justiciar grand master" of a Templarorganisation
    JH: The Joker (villain in the Batman saga).

Both used Hyundai cars, different types but both Hyundai brands,
    ABB: possibly grey
    JH: white .

Both took drugs in the hours before the attack.
    ABB: steroid ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin before his rampage
    JH : reports that JH had taken 100mg of Vicodin about two and half hours before the shooting.
    Some have stated that it in fact was 100 mg of hydrocodone, the actual narcotic in Vicodin. Time will tell I guess.

Both used music as a part of their crimes.

Both used long time planing the crimes.

Both highly intelligent.

Both was "under the radar", neither had criminal records.

Both surrended calmly, willingly.

Both massacre commited in July:
    ABB: Jul 22, 2011
    JH: Jul 20, 2012,
    JH: massacre was 2 days short of ABB's 1 year anniversery.

Both had high numbers of victims:
    ABB: victims all together 102, 77 died, 25 wounded
    JH: victims all together 71, 12 died, 59 wounded.
    However JH probably inteded to kill many more but his amo round jamed, which saved lots of lives.

Additinal info of interest concerning this theorie:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-shooting.html

Breivik had referred to other “cells” outside Norway that were ready to follow his example.
    “He says there are two cells in Norway and others from the Western world,” Mr Lippestad said at a press conference in Oslo.

It's going to be interesting to know what JH's motive/inspiration was.

Personaly I do belive that, one way or the other, some kind of manifesto/explanation from James Holmes, will appear soon.
    It might even already be out there somwere, its possible that it has just not been found yet...time will tell I hope...
    Last edited by Theforeigner; 07-21-2012 at 05:48 AM. Reason: added info
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Theforeigner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PHB View Post
    Jordan Gwahi

http://www.jordanghawi.com/blog/

Read his blog posts about his sister, especially the one marked 1015 AM. Totally emotionless. That is not the way someone talks about the murder of thier loved one. That is the way an EMT talks to thier supervisor, or the language a cop uses when filling out a report. He's speaking as a first responder, not a grieving loved one, like he's on autopilot. I know I spoke and wrote like that when discussing my mother while she was dying a slow death from cancer, and I was not a very nice or safe person to be around in the weeks after she died.
    That is just my opnion, I certaintly don't have any psychological training, just a feeling I get from him after working EMS for 5 years. I truly hope this poor guy can speak to someone, counselor/clergy or what have you, before he goes back on the job.
    JMO

He may be in shock. He is also trying to get facts out. My sister died Sunday at age 48, I found out Tuesday night. I'm still in shock and unable to process. (No posted sympathy's please, we can stick to this horrific topic, just explaining how it can work, tia) My ex-husband's oldest step brother died in a weird accident at 32. Ex didn't process it for 2 months, then he finally just had a break down and cried for days.

Just found this, brother is a firefighter also. So his first reaction would be that of a first responder.

"Seguin firefighter Jordan Ghawi sent the tweet just after 3:45 a.m. Friday: “It appears that my sister has been fatally wounded in a mass shooting at a movie premiere in Denver, CO.”"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...-a-3723955.php

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    What he did was a lone terrorist attack, just like McVeigh, et al.
    I agree. It's not international terrorism but terrorism just the same. The term "terrorist" doesn't necessarily have to be connected to any group. Legally, however, I don't know how they prosecute him. Do they tag on terrorism to his charges? Maybe they don't even need to.

After watching most of the coverage yesterday on CNN, I am still trying to wrap my brain around this senseless tragedy.

Of course like many of you, the first question when the news broke was "why"? How could a seemingly good person, honour student, no criminal history except for a speeding ticket, born and raised in a seemingly good neighbourhood, middle to high class neighbourhood, parents with decent jobs and careers, etc could become so evil. What happened?

For those of us that have sons (daughters) James age do ask ourselves why? I know I do.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

LOOKING FOR IMFORMATION !!!

James Holmes reportedly was playing very loud techno music, in his apartment, at the time of the massacre, and his neighbor called a police number to report the disturbance, the music then suddenly stopped by itself at 1AM, alleged by a timer device.

My question is:

Does anyone have information on:
    What techno number it was?
    What artist?

ANY kind of info would be VERY MUCH appreaciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Theforeigner For This Useful Post:

Thank you
    i just got the link too

The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus can confirm that Mr. James Holmes was in the process of withdrawing from the University of Colorado Denver's graduate program in neurosciences," the university statement said. "Mr. Holmes enrolled at the university in June 2011."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...te-school?lite

That other link made it appear that he just enrolled it last June by mentioning the word "last"
    Last June is 2011. This June would have meant 2012/last month. If you don't get this, well, I don't know...

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:

Holmes appears to have left little record of his thoughts or activities online, with no Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Myspace accounts under his name. He had no previous run-ins with law enforcement.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3806745.story

I wonder if he used an alias. The fact that he wasn't part of any social media sites is very odd.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

If he graduated with highest honors on his Master's Degree , he will be able to pull this PHD too - things changed recently and that has to be discovered.
    He only had a BS, not a Masters.

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:

CNN tv news just
    interviewed (by phone) a relative of a deceased 24 year old female killed in the theatre rampage. The relative said her family had to wait over 10 hours to learn the fate of their loved one. She said waiting 10 hours was torturous and inhumane.
    Justice for Cooper

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHERIE.T For This Useful Post:

The Denver Post reports that Holmes lived in an apartment not far from the movie theatre. According to the paper, public records show that Holmes lived with two roommates from California.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/who-is-c...olmes-1.887229

Is this accurate? First time I hear/read he had 2 roommates. Where are they?

47. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast