Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1695

Thread: *DEVELOPING* Shooting at a Colorado movie

  1. #1276
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    PhD programs don't cost money. He would have his tuition paid and be paid a small stipend.
    WHAT?? Tell my best friend that, who just finished her PhD at UCD to the tune of $120,000.

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sunday For This Useful Post:


  3. #1277
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    IMO this Aurora massacre was probably inspired by the norwegian massmurderer/terrorist Anders Behring Breivik.

    And I see it as the same type of terrorist attack as Anders Behring Breivik commited.

    James Holmes's aganda was probably not the same as Anders Behring Breivik's, however it is as if JH used Breivik's deeds as a recipe for his own horrible deed.

    There are SO many similarities:


    Both targeted a location with potential young people-victims.

    Both choose to kill as many people as possible.

    Both had parallel second crime scen/location involving bomb/bombs.

    Both used timer mechanisms
    ABB: for the car bomb in Oslo city
    JH: to stop the techno music playing in his apartment at precisley 1AM.

    Both used several simelar weapons, example; both had 2 Glocks each.

    Both pretened to be somthing they were not:
    ABB: a policeman
    JH: a moviegoer

    Both used more than one outfits throughout their crime.

    Both wore bulitsafe west.

    Both wore a specific black outfit:
    ABB: Black ballistic outfits.
    JH: Black police outfits

    Both had a fantasy identity:
    ABB: belive he is "knight Justiciar grand master" of a Templarorganisation
    JH: The Joker (villain in the Batman saga).

    Both used Hyundai cars, different types but both Hyundai brands,
    ABB: possibly grey
    JH: white .

    Both took drugs in the hours before the attack.
    ABB: steroid ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin before his rampage
    JH : reports that JH had taken 100mg of Vicodin about two and half hours before the shooting.
    Some have stated that it in fact was 100 mg of hydrocodone, the actual narcotic in Vicodin. Time will tell I guess.

    Both used music as a part of their crimes.

    Both used long time planing the crimes.

    Both highly intelligent.

    Both was "under the radar", neither had criminal records.

    Both surrended calmly, willingly.

    Both massacre commited in July:
    ABB: Jul 22, 2011
    JH: Jul 20, 2012,
    JH: massacre was 2 days short of ABB's 1 year anniversery.

    Both had high numbers of victims:
    ABB: victims all together 102, 77 died, 25 wounded
    JH: victims all together 71, 12 died, 59 wounded.
    However JH probably inteded to kill many more but his amo round jamed, which saved lots of lives.


    Additinal info of interest concerning this theorie:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-shooting.html

    Breivik had referred to other “cells” outside Norway that were ready to follow his example.
    “He says there are two cells in Norway and others from the Western world,” Mr Lippestad said at a press conference in Oslo.




    It's going to be interesting to know what JH's motive/inspiration was.

    Personaly I do belive that, one way or the other, some kind of manifesto/explanation from James Holmes, will appear soon.
    It might even already be out there somwere, its possible that it has just not been found yet...time will tell I hope...
    That's very interesting. Did they ever discover what "cells" he was referring to? I wonder if they are both connected to some virtual video game like second life ........

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  5. #1278
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    Were the room mates gone for the summer? I HOPE!

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  7. #1279
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    587
    Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    He may be in shock. He is also trying to get facts out. My sister died Sunday at age 48, I found out Tuesday night. I'm still in shock and unable to process. (No posted sympathy's please, we can stick to this horrific topic, just explaining how it can work, tia) My ex-husband's oldest step brother died in a weird accident at 32. Ex didn't process it for 2 months, then he finally just had a break down and cried for days.

    Just found this, brother is a firefighter also. So his first reaction would be that of a first responder.

    "Seguin firefighter Jordan Ghawi sent the tweet just after 3:45 a.m. Friday: “It appears that my sister has been fatally wounded in a mass shooting at a movie premiere in Denver, CO.”"

    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...-a-3723955.php

    I know he is an FF/medic, that's what I was getting at. I understand people respond to emergencies and tragedies in different way ways, I was only posting my unprofessional opinion.

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PHB For This Useful Post:


  9. #1280
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyBlanche View Post
    BBM.

    As I posted earlier, I live in the same neighborhood. It is a nice area, and the section where they live has larger and newer houses than the section I live in, which has humbler houses like my own.

    That being said, however, I was shocked to read relatively recently (like maybe in the last six months or so) that a full 30% of houses in this zip code are underwater. Despite the fact that property values consistently remain high in comparison with other areas because it falls within the prestigious Poway schools system.

    I have no idea what the Holmes family's finances are, but given the vagaries of the real estate market around here, the fact that they live in this nice area does not necessarily mean that their finances are equally nice.

    I hope that makes sense. I'm kind of tired.
    I agree. I'm originally from SD (I miss it SO much) and Penasquitos is a nice area. If you bought your house there during the boom (early 2002-2006?), you could easily be underwater. I had friends who sold their modest RP home and bought a very nice one in RP for $900k (it was nice, but not what you'd think for that price). Their combined salaries were less than $90k a year. I would think now it would probably go for $600 - maybe less.

    So just because his family lives in RP doesn't mean they are rich at all.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:


  11. #1281
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    What is likely going through the minds of the parents of the alleged Colorado shooter?
    Very often it goes in one of two extremes. Either parents get overwhelmed with feelings of shame or feelings of guilt. It is often said that no one can break your heart as much as your own child. There is a great deal of truth to that especially when you have been watching a child, for whom you had great hopes and who had a brilliant mind, slowly losing his or her grip in reality.

    When the tragedy occurs, there is often self-incrimination of ‘I should have done this and I should’ve known’ [on the part of the parent]. This happens especially when you’re dealing with [a child] who may be more paranoid. In general, the more paranoid and less in touch with reality a child like this is, the less likely they are to communicate any specific plans to the parents. Instead, [you have] a feeling of general apprehension that you’re watching someone deteriorate and move out of any social reality.

    more at the link. Interesting read, imo

    http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/2...oters-parents/

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  13. #1282
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    On Battleship Hill
    Posts
    3,049
    Quote Originally Posted by winterrose View Post
    ITA, maybe the parents were helping out with school and rent, but everything he used in the attack was very expensive and how did he even get ahold of some of it? I think it's possible someone or group was backing him, but anything's possible. I pray it's just him, but from college student to radical terrorist, I don't know. I don't care what anyone wants to call him, he's a terrorist. On top of that multiple buckets of ammo in his apartment, that's not cheap by any means.
    Credit cards?
    England's dancing days are done...

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:


  15. #1283
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by PHB View Post
    I know he is an FF/medic, that's what I was getting at. I understand people respond to emergencies and tragedies in different way ways, I was only posting my unprofessional opinion.
    I was the same way when my mom died. It sucks! As a nurse I go on auto pilot apparently ~ unless it's my kids!
    Took FOREVER for it to "hit me"... 12 years later it still "hits me" randomly
    4-10 times a month?
    I don't have siblings... but my ♥ breaks for this guy!
    He is clearly in "medical mode" God Bless Him!
    moo

  16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  17. #1284
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    313
    Didn't see if it this was reported here.. TMZ says Redditors apparently found his AdultFriendFinder account, complete with pictures of him with red/orange dyed hair

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to foryourwine For This Useful Post:


  19. #1285
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    Lab colleague Billy Kromka said he had been one of the quieter people, and had spent much of his time immersed in his computer, often participating in role-playing online games.

    By the spring of this year, Mr Holmes had begun to struggle with his studies and got weak scores on the comprehensive exams last semester.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18937513

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  21. #1286
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,703
    So the local SD newspaper (www.utsandiego.com) has decided effective today to start charging for their top news stories! I read this site EVERYDAY since I'm a former resident - want to stay up to date. What BS. I never understand newspapers that make you pay for a subscription because you will always find the story somewhere else for free.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:


  23. #1287
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by foryourwine View Post
    Didn't see if it this was reported here.. TMZ says Redditors apparently found his AdultFriendFinder account, complete with pictures of him with red/orange dyed hair
    Ya, go back to early/mid night postings here and you'll see all the pics and his account info. It was posted here before it was on all the MSM.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:


  25. #1288
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    313
    Whoops looking back the adult site was addressed. So many things to keep track of in such a fast moving thread!

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foryourwine For This Useful Post:


  27. #1289
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    313
    I'm convinced it's him on the site, and he looks more deranged than ever. Strange this is the only 'social' media site he's been tracked to. Also strange he made the profile just a few days prior..

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foryourwine For This Useful Post:


  29. #1290
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    313
    Wow! Useful website.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to foryourwine For This Useful Post:


  31. #1291
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,703
    That's cool. I've never seen that (I've seen ads for peek you but never clicked on them).

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:


  33. #1292
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL
    Posts
    5,241

    Post

    This guy just didn't snap and decide to do this obviously. I would have given him a 9.9 out of a 10 on an assassin's trait scale. I bet he has every trait that an assassin personality has. I know I am not using the right words. But, I hope y'all get my point. He's someone you could look at and say, he's "off." And honestly, I would have turned around and grabbed whomever was with me and went the other way, if I ever seen him. We have intuition for a reason.

    I don't care what his motive was. To me, that doesn't matter, because he's not going to have to be responsible anyway. Everyone is concerned about his rights, well, give him his due process and nothing more. He did this because he wanted to, he didn't need a reason. Make sure his rights aren't violated and stick him in Florence with the Uni-Bomber where we never have to hear about him again.

    He needed the hydrocodone to get his nerve up to go kill people. No different than an alcoholic. Just a different drug of choice. Now, because this idiot decides to do this, people like myself who have to take pain meds in order to have any quality of life because of a disease won't be able to get them.

    What makes me the most angry is, the victims have no rights. And neither do their families.

    Trust me, there are people that KNEW what he was going to do. He didn't just go under the radar. They might not have KNOWN at the time, but they KNOW now....

    JMO, IMO,
    My posts are to stay at WS, not to be moved to other forums for their members to judge. I know who is moving posts and this is fair warning. If I want my posts moved to other places, I will do it myself.

    The above post is JMO, MOO, MHO, and all other disclaimers. Please leave it here at WS! TIA

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tezi For This Useful Post:


  35. #1293
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by foryourwine View Post
    Wow! Useful website.
    Useful and kinda creepy. I just peeked myself and thankfully my name is so common it doesn't appear.

  36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:


  37. #1294
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    tnaboard
    preparedsociety
    ar15
    defensivecarry

    yeah! he just "snapped" in a "slow mo" kinda way!
    these sites date back to 2005-2007!
    no internet print?
    moo

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  39. #1295
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,294
    Looks like he used screen names 'ldmaster' and 'classicjimbo'. He's been on lots of gun forums, dating back to 2006.

    Here's a profile, location says Germany. I found another profile elsewhere, location also said Germany, but listed age as 24. I think these could be him as well. This one has some techno music. http://soundcloud.com/ldmaster ETA: Both techno songs play for about 45 minutes. I wonder if this is what was playing? Do we know how long the music was blaring??

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:


  41. #1296
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Useful and kinda creepy. I just peeked myself and thankfully my name is so common it doesn't appear.
    you didn't do an advanced search.... "refine" search
    You will find yourself! If you don't

  42. #1297
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,302
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Useful and kinda creepy. I just peeked myself and thankfully my name is so common it doesn't appear.
    Now we all know your last name is Smith. First name Jane. LOL


    Just Kidding. LOL

  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  44. #1298
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by Theforeigner View Post
    IMO this Aurora massacre was probably inspired by the norwegian massmurderer/terrorist Anders Behring Breivik.

    And I see it as the same type of terrorist attack as Anders Behring Breivik commited.

    James Holmes's aganda was probably not the same as Anders Behring Breivik's, however it is as if JH used Breivik's deeds as a recipe for his own horrible deed.

    There are SO many similarities:


    Both targeted a location with potential young people-victims.

    Both choose to kill as many people as possible.

    Both had parallel second crime scen/location involving bomb/bombs.

    Both used timer mechanisms
    ABB: for the car bomb in Oslo city
    JH: to stop the techno music playing in his apartment at precisley 1AM.

    Both used several simelar weapons, example; both had 2 Glocks each.

    Both pretened to be somthing they were not:
    ABB: a policeman
    JH: a moviegoer

    Both used more than one outfits throughout their crime.

    Both wore bulitsafe west.

    Both wore a specific black outfit:
    ABB: Black ballistic outfits.
    JH: Black police outfits

    Both had a fantasy identity:
    ABB: belive he is "knight Justiciar grand master" of a Templarorganisation
    JH: The Joker (villain in the Batman saga).

    Both used Hyundai cars, different types but both Hyundai brands,
    ABB: possibly grey
    JH: white .

    Both took drugs in the hours before the attack.
    ABB: steroid ephedrine, caffeine and aspirin before his rampage
    JH : reports that JH had taken 100mg of Vicodin about two and half hours before the shooting.
    Some have stated that it in fact was 100 mg of hydrocodone, the actual narcotic in Vicodin. Time will tell I guess.

    Both used music as a part of their crimes.

    Both used long time planing the crimes.

    Both highly intelligent.

    Both was "under the radar", neither had criminal records.

    Both surrended calmly, willingly.

    Both massacre commited in July:
    ABB: Jul 22, 2011
    JH: Jul 20, 2012,
    JH: massacre was 2 days short of ABB's 1 year anniversery.

    Both had high numbers of victims:
    ABB: victims all together 102, 77 died, 25 wounded
    JH: victims all together 71, 12 died, 59 wounded.
    However JH probably inteded to kill many more but his amo round jamed, which saved lots of lives.


    Additinal info of interest concerning this theorie:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-shooting.html

    Breivik had referred to other “cells” outside Norway that were ready to follow his example.
    “He says there are two cells in Norway and others from the Western world,” Mr Lippestad said at a press conference in Oslo.




    It's going to be interesting to know what JH's motive/inspiration was.

    Personaly I do belive that, one way or the other, some kind of manifesto/explanation from James Holmes, will appear soon.
    It might even already be out there somwere, its possible that it has just not been found yet...time will tell I hope...
    That's very interesting. I wonder if Holmes was celibate as well. That's the almost universal characteristic all these spree killers seem to share.

  45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigCat For This Useful Post:


  46. #1299
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,731
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Now we all know your last name is Smith. First name Jane. LOL


    Just Kidding. LOL
    Funny! I just did a random search in a random town in Kentucky... there were 3 Jane Smith's

    pipl is a good search too!

  47. The Following User Says Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  48. #1300
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    you didn't do an advanced search.... "refine" search
    You will find yourself! If you don't
    I did. :-) Using my age and city too. Seriously my name is that common. I searched the first couple hundred and that's good enough for me.

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Victims of the Colorado Shooting
    By Boytwnmom in forum Movie Theater Massacre in Colorado
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 07-06-2013, 05:55 AM
  2. Shooting at Aurora Colorado movie theater *LINK HERE*
    By Kimster in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •