FL FL - Tiffany Sessions, 20, Gainesville, 9 Feb 1989

ShowerSinger said:
Has anyone else noticed the similarities, albeit 13 years apart between Rachel's disappearance and Tiffany Sessions?
Same age, close to an interstate, pretty young blonde girls, jogging, walkman...?

I'm gonna reply to this here, instead of on Rachel's thread.

The differences I see btn. the two girls disappearances.
From what I understand, Rachel wasn't anywhere near an interstate.

13 years apart, that's a long time. I doubt you're inferring there is a serial killer, right? Serial killers are not common, not at all, no matter what people on the boards say, or what the media might have you believe.

Tiffany was said to have gone for a walk, not a jog.

I cannot find anything that states she had a walkman with her.

One disappeared in Florida, and one in Texas.

Thanks for caring for the missing, SS, and God bless you.

With HOPE, Lanie

WasBlind said:
I cannot find anything that states she had a walkman with her.

www.tiffanysessions.com indicates she had a black walkman

I don't see how that meas much with regards to Rachel Cook.. Lots of people carry walkmans when they go for a walk or jog... And being that it was many years apart in different states, I have a hard time blieveing they are related...

Tiffany Sessions disappeared on 9 February 1989. Although her case has been kept alive over they years by her family, not a lot of facts are available about her or her disappearance.

The fact that she was wearing a Walkman headset does not in itself mean anything, but it is one of those things that indicates to a criminal that the potential victim is not totally tuned into her surroundings, and that she might not hear his approach.

I feel that the most important piece of information - and one which should be brought out more on her website and in other forums - is the fact that she was wearing a Ladie's Rolex Watch, two tone gold and silver with a blue face, Serial number R 609006. Knowing exactly what model watch, when it was made, and providing some good photos would help her case. That watch would probably be worth a lot of money and if it was recognized as such by the perpetrator, it may have been sold. It may be the key piece of evidence that leads back to Tiffany's abductor and to Tiffany. If someone now owns/wears that watch, seeing a photo of it on TV or on a computer screen might provide a much needed tip.

Good point Richard - I would think that watch HAS to be somewhere !! That could really move things along...

I am flabbergasted. I knew Tiffany, her Dad and her Grandmother from church in Miami. I had forgotten about the disappearance until I saw this thread. I was particularly friendly with her grandmother. We attended plays together. She and my mother were in many organizations together.

I read one of the links provided by WasBlind from Yahoo. It appears that Damon Van Dam and Tiffany attended U of F at the same time, even though they were 4 years apart. Let me tell you, both U of F and FSU at Tallahassee are huge universities. I would bet they didn't know each other there.

Now, the ingriguing part of this whole thing. Did I know Damon Van Dam? It was mentioned that he was married at an Episcopal church in Gainesville. Do I know his mother? I can't for the life of me this moment think of her first name, but I also went to church with a woman named Van Dam. She had children and I am getting a feeling a son was named Damon. Please help me if anyone remembers Damon Van Dam's mother's name.

This is the strangest thing.

i did a search on google but didnt come up with much on the watch when i have more time i will do more. does anyone know where i can find a watch like that ex a website that would have vintage watches or even if i went to a pawn shop would they know anything about them also was her rolex real or fake?

smile22 said:
i did a search on google but didnt come up with much on the watch when i have more time i will do more. does anyone know where i can find a watch like that ex a website that would have vintage watches or even if i went to a pawn shop would they know anything about them also was her rolex real or fake?

Good questions. I think that her watch must have been a real Rolex, given the serial number and the fact that none of the websites or posters said that it was fake. I could not find any on-line Rolex "catalogs" but did find one which was hawking a book on them. Maybe that author/website manager would have some answers.

Richard said:
Good questions. I think that her watch must have been a real Rolex, given the serial number and the fact that none of the websites or posters said that it was fake. I could not find any on-line Rolex "catalogs" but did find one which was hawking a book on them. Maybe that author/website manager would have some answers.
Knowing the family and their wealth at the time, I can assure you it's a real Rolex. Fakes, to my knowledge, do not have serial numbers.

now i know that it is real my question is could there be a picture of it online somewhere perhaps a rolex online store or a place that sells vintages watches. ok i went online and found a book that has virtualy ever rolex made when the book was put out the bad part its like 21$$ i e-mailed him and a few other websites to see if they had any pics on the watch also what about trying a vintage jewler. also it was manufactured between 87-89 based on a look up for the serial number

smile22 said:
also it was manufactured between 87-89 based on a look up for the serial number

You have pretty well confirmed that her Rolex watch was genuine. Now if you can determine what the model name was, and perhaps get a photo link, you could generate some tips or leads.

With the correct words in your post, it may be possible for someone who is simply trying to get info on that particular watch to link to this forum.

Richard said:
You have pretty well confirmed that her Rolex watch was genuine. Now if you can determine what the model name was, and perhaps get a photo link, you could generate some tips or leads.

With the correct words in your post, it may be possible for someone who is simply trying to get info on that particular watch to link to this forum.
Check out any internet site selling Rolex watches used and look for the Lady Presidential. The band would be a combination of gold and stainless unless it's white gold and yellow gold. The watches came in a choice of face colors. Hers was blue. I don't think she had a diamond bezel, just a plain one. It probably had the date too.

Smile, your link is just what I was thinking of. Now picture a blue face instead of oyster and there is a sapphire in the end of the winding stem. Mix silver with the gold on the band and you have what I think Tiffany would be wearing according to the reports.

I had looked at watches, but my computer froze from so much "googling".

barngoddess -you said that at the time tiffany was kidnapped her family was very well off. family friends of ours have a successful nationwide real estate company. recently a kidnapping attempt was made on one of their sons in an attempt to extort money from their family by a disgruntled ex money manager. i wonder if tiffany was a victim of a similar situation.

carolina said:
barngoddess -you said that at the time tiffany was kidnapped her family was very well off. family friends of ours have a successful nationwide real estate company. recently a kidnapping attempt was made on one of their sons in an attempt to extort money from their family by a disgruntled ex money manager. i wonder if tiffany was a victim of a similar situation.

There was another case in south florida where the young lady was abducted for ransom and actually buried alive. she was found in time. I cannot remember her name, but I believe the case happened in coconut grove, fla in the late sixties, early seventies. This family was also wealthy and into real estate development, if I recal correctly. Wish I could remember her name...

We have often wondered that about Jean Marie Stewart as well. She also disappeared from a very affluent neighborhood and at the time, we owned a chain of 180 retail stores. We would have gladly paid such a ransom, but one was never demanded. One wonders if something didn't go wrong...

monkalup said:
There was another case in south florida where the young lady was abducted for ransom and actually buried alive. she was found in time. I cannot remember her name, but I believe the case happened in coconut grove, fla in the late sixties, early seventies. This family was also wealthy and into real estate development, if I recal correctly. Wish I could remember her name...

We have often wondered that about Jean Marie Stewart as well. She also disappeared from a very affluent neighborhood and at the time, we owned a chain of 180 retail stores. We would have gladly paid such a ransom, but one was never demanded. One wonders if something didn't go wrong...
I found this from googling. I remember that case. I think her father was in the cement or concrete business, if I remember correctly.

NOW I'VE HEARD EVERYTHING:

Doctor With a Dark Past: He was convicted of kidnapping a college student and burying her alive. Now Gary Krist, M.D., has a license to practice medicine. Dr. Krist now works as a general practioner in Chesney, Indiana. Three decades ago, Krist was sentenced to life in prison for the 1968 kidnapping of Barbara Jane Mackle, a college student from a wealthy family. Authorities said Krist, then 23, and a female accomplice abducted Mackle, a student at Emory University in Atlanta, at gunpoint from a motel and drugged her with chloroform. They put Mackle in a wooden box with food and other provisions, and buried her in a remote area in Georgia. Police rescued Mackle 3½ days later, after her father paid a $500,000 ransom. Krist was captured off the Florida coast in a speedboat he had purchased with the ransom money. The crime became the subject of a movie of the week, and Krist himself wrote a book about it, as did his victim. In her book, Mackle described her reaction as she was buried inside the box. "I screamed and screamed," she wrote. "The sound of the dirt got farther and farther away. Finally, I couldn't hear anything above. I screamed for a long time after that." After serving 10 years in prison, Krist was released and went on to study at medical schools in Grenada and Dominica, eventually earning a medical degree. The state of Alabama rejected his attempt to get a license, but the Indiana Medical Licensing Board approved him in December 2002. Indiana law does not prevent convicted felons from obtaining a medical license, and the state medical board put a number of restrictions on his ability to practice medicine. He remains on indefinite probation, and he must appear before the board every six months. He was required to submit to psychiatric evaluation, and he is not allowed to prescribe certain drugs.

SOURCE: ABCNews.Com

BarnGoddess said:
I found this from googling. I remember that case. I think her father was in the cement or concrete business, if I remember correctly.

NOW I'VE HEARD EVERYTHING:

Doctor With a Dark Past: He was convicted of kidnapping a college student and burying her alive. Now Gary Krist, M.D., has a license to practice medicine. Dr. Krist now works as a general practioner in Chesney, Indiana. Three decades ago, Krist was sentenced to life in prison for the 1968 kidnapping of Barbara Jane Mackle, a college student from a wealthy family. Authorities said Krist, then 23, and a female accomplice abducted Mackle, a student at Emory University in Atlanta, at gunpoint from a motel and drugged her with chloroform. They put Mackle in a wooden box with food and other provisions, and buried her in a remote area in Georgia. Police rescued Mackle 3½ days later, after her father paid a $500,000 ransom. Krist was captured off the Florida coast in a speedboat he had purchased with the ransom money. The crime became the subject of a movie of the week, and Krist himself wrote a book about it, as did his victim. In her book, Mackle described her reaction as she was buried inside the box. "I screamed and screamed," she wrote. "The sound of the dirt got farther and farther away. Finally, I couldn't hear anything above. I screamed for a long time after that." After serving 10 years in prison, Krist was released and went on to study at medical schools in Grenada and Dominica, eventually earning a medical degree. The state of Alabama rejected his attempt to get a license, but the Indiana Medical Licensing Board approved him in December 2002. Indiana law does not prevent convicted felons from obtaining a medical license, and the state medical board put a number of restrictions on his ability to practice medicine. He remains on indefinite probation, and he must appear before the board every six months. He was required to submit to psychiatric evaluation, and he is not allowed to prescribe certain drugs.

SOURCE: ABCNews.Com

That's it! I remembered too many details wrong! Sorry! How easily this case could have turned out even more tragically. And I wonder how poor Barbara ever recovered from the trauma...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back