Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Wounded teen helped another badly hurt man out of Aurora theater
    Doctors tell Prodeo Patria that the pain throbbing near the bullet lodged in his side will fade away. But the memory of a terror-filled night when he was one of 70 people shot isn't likely to leave him.
    The 14 year-old Overland High School student sat with his mother, father and another couple at the midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises," when JH allegedly threw a gas cannister and started shooting.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...eater-shooting
    Last edited by JBean; 07-25-2012 at 10:01 AM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I never knew him but I feel I will never forget Alex Sullivan. Ever.

I wish we could refrain from using the murderer's name on this thread. It makes me sick to hear or read his name. To me, he is the coward or the murderer.

I hope everyone forgets his name but that the people he killed are made known to the world.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Jordan Gwahi

http://www.jordanghawi.com/blog/

Read his blog posts about his sister, especially the one marked 1015 AM. Totally emotionless. That is not the way someone talks about the murder of thier loved one. That is the way an EMT talks to thier supervisor, or the language a cop uses when filling out a report. He's speaking as a first responder, not a grieving loved one, like he's on autopilot. I know I spoke and wrote like that when discussing my mother while she was dying a slow death from cancer, and I was not a very nice or safe person to be around in the weeks after she died.
    That is just my opnion, I certaintly don't have any psychological training, just a feeling I get from him after working EMS for 5 years. I truly hope this poor guy can speak to someone, counselor/clergy or what have you, before he goes back on the job.
    JMO

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PHB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    I never knew him but I feel I will never forget Alex Sullivan. Ever.

I wish we could refrain from using the murderer's name on this thread. It makes me sick to hear or read his name. To me, he is the coward or the murderer.

I hope everyone forgets his name but that the people he killed are made known to the world.
    Me either. Sadly, Alex has become the example of what this POS has done. He murdered this guy on his birthday, days from his 1st anniversary????

I always tell people, becareful what you do because you can't take it back.

RIP Alex
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

Police pushing list back to 2 pm
    Only 5 confirmed dead so far...
    John Larimer
    Matt McQuinn
    Alex Sullivan
    Micayla Medek
    Jessica Ghawi Redfield
    10:03 am per CNN

9. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:

An 18-year-old man who was shot in the head, leg, arm and chest told friends he felt as if he’d been “punched in the head” and his “arm … blown off” after he was hit by gunfire in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater Friday morning.
    Louis Duran, 18, was released from the hospital and is recovering at home, said his high school friend Jahlil Hall.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...d-in-the-head/

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/21/us/col...ims/index.html

Matt McQuinn was one of the 12 killed in the mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado.
    McQuinn was attempting to provide cover for his girlfriend when he was hit, said a family attorney, Robert L. Scott.

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Another of the fatal victims was John Thomas Larimer, a servicemember in the Navy who was serving at his first post, said his father, Scott Larimer.

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

On Saturday, an Air Force spokesman confirmed the death of another servicemember, Staff Sgt. Jesse Childress.
    Childress was an Air Force reservist on active duty with the 310 Force Support Squadron.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Victim Died On His Birthday

Movie massacre: Shock, sadness, a search for clues
    By THOMAS PEIPERT and P. SOLOMON BANDA, AP
    1 hour ago

AURORA, Colo. — Investigators looking for clues to the motive behind a deadly shooting rampage inside a movie theater sought once again Saturday to enter the suspect's elaborately booby trapped apartment, warning it may mean removing trip wires that could detonate the explosives, as the Denver suburb grieved for the dozens of victims.

The FBI and Homeland Security Department said there was no information indicating more shooting sprees were planned at movie theaters around the country, according to an intelligence bulletin obtained by The Associated Press.

Twelve people were killed and 58 were injured in the attack early Friday at the packed Aurora theater outside Denver. A few of those suffered injuries not by gunfire but in the chaos that ensued as the audience tried to flee the smoke-filled theater in a panicked dash for the doors, authorities said. Among the wounded, 11 were listed in critical condition...

...Besides Medek, relatives confirmed that Alex Sullivan and Jessica Ghawi were among those killed, Sullivan on his 27th birthday...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...cid=hero_media

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Matt McQuinn's last act was saving his girlfriend

https://www.facebook.com/matt.mcquinn32685

His family lives in Springfield OH and he was at the movies with his girlfriend Samantha Yowler and her brother. Samantha was injured and the hospital refused to give her news about her boyfriend because she was not a relative (HIPPA). So there were many agonizing hours of uncertainty. Samantha underwent surgery.

McQuinn, a Vandalia-Butler graduate whose Springfield family agonized for hours Friday without knowing if he had survived or where he was.
    Matt and Samantha moved from Ohio out to Colorado together to work at a Target there. They met at the Springfield OH Target store where they both worked.

Samantha Yowler and Matt McQuinn are popular in their new home in Colorado as well. Her Facebook page was full of wall posts wishing the best for the couple from people in Ohio and Colorado.
    “They’re really fun people, we always go out together,” said Melissa Downen, a Colorado co-worker and friend to the couple. She said they’ve worked at Target for about six months. Downen added that everyone working there is consumed with worry over the couple.
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...ns-fire/nPzQ4/

BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:

I look at all these lovely people - a happy, funny 27 year old newlywed celebrating his birthday (Alex Sullivan), a young Navy man serving his first post (John Thomas Larimer), another young soldier, and Army reservist (Jesse Childress), a little six year old girl who cannot yet be named because her injured and paralyzed mother does not yet know she is dead, a talented and aspiring young journalist (Jessica Ghawi) a young man who saved his girlfriend and died in the process (Matt McQuinn) - any one of their lives was so much more important, so much more beautiful than the coward who killed them.

I am astounded by what was taken that night. It is incomprehensible.

This is 23 year old Micayla Medek:

She worked at Subway. She was in community college working on her education. Her aunt says she hopes this tragedy won't shake people's faith in God.

One person leaving a comment about Micayla stated: "Please wake me up when this nightmare is over. I truly will miss you. RIP Micayla Medek. My heart and payers go out to you#coloradoshooting" http://twitchy.com/2012/07/21/6th-au...micayla-medek/

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

We have the name of the baby who was killed: Six (6) year old Veronica Moser. Her 25 year old mother remains in critical condition, shot in the abdomen and the throat: http://stream.wsj.com/story/colorado...41/SS-2-35369/

I don't have a photo of this angel baby yet.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gitana1 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families

Names of victims emerge in Colo. theater rampage
    By GILLIAN FLACCUS, AP
    50 minutes ago

AURORA, Colo. — Ashley Moser drifted in and out of consciousness in the ICU, bullets lodged in her throat and abdomen. In her waking moments, she called for her 6-year-old daughter Veronica.

Nobody had the heart to tell her that Veronica was already dead, the youngest victim killed at a Colorado movie theater in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S. history.

"Nobody can tell her about it," Annie Dalton said of her cousin, Ashley Moser. "She is in critical condition, but all she's asking about is her daughter."

Veronica was to start learning swimming lessons on Tuesday, Dalton said.

"She was excited about life as she should be. She's a 6-year-old girl," her great-aunt said

The young girl was among the 12 people killed when a gunman barged into a crowded Colorado theater, set off gas canisters and opened fire as spectators dove for cover. Dozens of others were injured, including the 25-year-old Ashley Moser and 10 others in critical condition as of Friday night...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/...cid=hero_media

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast