Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KoldKase View Post
    Good eye on the spider web, basement window comparisons, OTG.

Now, with your permission, I'd like to add them to the FFJ case library.

If you prefer I don't, let me know and I understand. Sorry to be so bold, but I'm a pyrate by nature!
    Feel free to post, me matey. We're all here for the same reason (I hope).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:

Kolar says that the silver object in front of the closet door is a "grill" of sorts. Maybe like they used in old coal fireplaces? The house had that kind of fireplace originally, I'm thinking I remember.

Kolar mentions it because Fleet White was in fact replacing it in front of that closet door, after he and JR had looked in the closet and at the broken basement window, when he heard JR scream he'd found JB in the cellar room.

At least, that's what I think I remember Kolar was referencing. I've read so much by now, my brain is hurting.
    (bbm)
    That makes sense as to why I wouldn't recognize it as a coal heater. Living in the South all my life, I'm familiar only with gas and electric. Considering the extra depth in relation to a gas heater, I would think it has the extra room to accommodate a supply of coal.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wonderllama View Post
    We have them.
    Star Wars posters as we're big fans.
    I'm not sure I'd be reading much into it.
    I've seen them (movie posters) used before too, WL. But any time someone went to the trouble of framing and hanging it (or them) on a wall, it was because movies were a big part of their life, or (as in your case) they were big fans of a particular movie, actor, or director. The only reason for making note of it was to point out that apparently the Rs (Pats in particular) were big movie fans and probably would have seen some of the movies that had phrases in them that were used in the ransom novel.

Also note that these were in the basement. Does that mean that they had others in the other rooms, or that they were just no longer being used?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:

BTW, just in case anyone has never seen Ruthless People, here is the scene that some believe may have given someone ideas about what to do:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QJoV6_o5mU"]Part of the inspiration for the ransom note? - YouTube[/ame]

(...and yes, in answer to the last question in this clip, the Rs did hire a publicist.)

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    Why would you be asking ME that? We both know there was no intruder. An intruder WOULDN'T know. Nor would they know that the white blanket was laundered in the basement.
    DeeDee249,

LOL, well just for all those who might think IDI has some traction.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UKGuy For This Useful Post:

The same way he knew where the suitcase was stored under the stairs. Much easier to hunt that down than use the chair or stool within FEET of the window, you know.

Clever intruder.
    KoldKase,
    LOL, an intruder with a Mensa IQ, Come On Down! Applying some CSI, if it was JDI then JonBenet would have been dumped outdoors, check your cases, this is the general outcome where fathers are involved. If it was PDI then accidents are usually claimed to be the cause.

But here we have a staged crime-scene, that is a cover up, a deliberate attempt to confuse invesigators, you have to wonder was Steve Thomas given the job precisely because he lacked prior experience?

Anyway that leaves BDI which IMO is the most consistent theory. It just might be that JonBenet was a victim of of more than one person, just my opionion.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UKGuy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by otg View Post
    I've seen them (movie posters) used before too, WL. But any time someone went to the trouble of framing and hanging it (or them) on a wall, it was because movies were a big part of their life, or (as in your case) they were big fans of a particular movie, actor, or director. The only reason for making note of it was to point out that apparently the Rs (Pats in particular) were big movie fans and probably would have seen some of the movies that had phrases in them that were used in the ransom novel.

Also note that these were in the basement. Does that mean that they had others in the other rooms, or that they were just no longer being used?
    My immediate thoughts on seeing the movie poster/s in the basement was that it was trying to "fun up" the area. Like in a play room or rumpus room or whatever. Again, nothing too sinister.

We also have a Batman Returns poster framed in our house, but not because we're feral about the film, just that my wife liked Catwoman.

Just wary about reading too much into everything we see

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wonderllama For This Useful Post:

I saw a second cobweb on the window itself. Actually it was shown before the large web on the bottom left. I don't know how to a screen shot otherwise I would.

I do recognize those rolls of paper in the closet as the striped wallpaper in the house. Jail black and white and pink and white.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amalie For This Useful Post:

My immediate thoughts on seeing the movie poster/s in the basement was that it was trying to "fun up" the area. Like in a play room or rumpus room or whatever. Again, nothing too sinister.

We also have a Batman Returns poster framed in our house, but not because we're feral about the film, just that my wife liked Catwoman.

wonderllama,
    Sure, point taken. But who do reckon was more taken by the Hollywood glitz, Patsy or John?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UKGuy For This Useful Post:

I agree, WL, about reading too much in to any one thing. But taken with other things that point to one individual as the author of the RN, I think it's interesting to make note of the number of framed movie posters and imagine that that person was some sort of movie fan.

(BTW, I rather liked Catwoman myself -- but for different reasons enirely, I'm sure.)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amalie View Post
    I saw a second cobweb on the window itself. Actually it was shown before the large web on the bottom left. I don't know how to a screen shot otherwise I would.

I do recognize those rolls of paper in the closet as the striped wallpaper in the house. Jail black and white and pink and white.
    Amalie, indeed there were lots of cobwebs all over that window opening and on the broken glass itself.

Just do a search on Google and you'll find lots of free programs to capture screen shots.

Also, a lot have already been captured by our posters here who are also at [ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6"]FFJ[/ame] (KoldKase and Cynic particularly). If you find one that has what you're looking for, just copy and paste the link here in your post. For instance, here is a shot of the rolls of wall paper you were referring to:

The thread is [ame="http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9777"]here[/ame], and the recent posts start toward the bottom of the first page.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to otg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    KoldKase,
    LOL, an intruder with a Mensa IQ, Come On Down! Applying some CSI, if it was JDI then JonBenet would have been dumped outdoors, check your cases, this is the general outcome where fathers are involved. If it was PDI then accidents are usually claimed to be the cause.

But here we have a staged crime-scene, that is a cover up, a deliberate attempt to confuse invesigators, you have to wonder was Steve Thomas given the job precisely because he lacked prior experience?

Anyway that leaves BDI which IMO is the most consistent theory. It just might be that JonBenet was a victim of of more than one person, just my opionion.

Thomas wasn't "inexperienced." And he was never fooled by the Ramseys or the evidence.

He had been working in LE for about a decade, if memory serves, and undercover for a while up until the time of the murder.

It's fair to say he was "inexperienced" in murder investigation if you want to delineate investigative protocol to that specifically. Sure it's better to have more experience in that area than less, but Thomas ran circles around Lou Smit, who managed to convince quite a few people he solved hundreds of homicides all by his lonesome in the decades he worked as a detective.

In point of fact, Smit was a relic and most criminals aren't that smart, either. I think anyone who reads Kolar's book will find what has been obvious to many of us all along: Smit was a crank. He couldn't find his butt with a flashlight and a map in the Ramsey murder, so I'm thinking he had a LOT of help in those "hundreds" he took credit for.

In fact, the one case he claimed to be "famous" for solving turned out to be nothing more than a cold case others had worked which he pulled back out as a newly hired supervisor of detectives. Smit wasn't the detective who figured out why the fingerprint that "broke" the murder case never had a hit: it was a younger detective who was familiar with fingerprint databases from state to state and advised Smit to run it in a different way to check in other states. And it got a hit in Texas. I'm not making this up: this story came out of late, with Smit admitting this himself and finally giving credit to the young cop.

Now back to Thomas: in the BPD, he was no more inexperienced than anyone else. Remember Boulder seldom had homicides. JB's was the first that year--on Dec. 26th. So the BPD didn't have a homicide unit. Instead, the detectives all rotated through the various departments. That's why Thomas had been on the drug detective duty: in Boulder, it's probably a busy job.

Thomas was not sent to the Ramsey house that morning, either. It was a few days before he was pulled off his other assignment and put on the JB case. They needed their best, and he was certainly one of their best. One only needs to read his book and watch him question the Ramseys on LKL to see that, IMO.

I think Kolar's book is a perfect companion book-end to Thomas': both these detectives know exactly how to do this job, and they are both excellent at it.

And they both had the very same experience: Team Ramsey shut them down as fast as they could, with two DA's help.

Because they both, independently and years apart, saw where the evidence truly led: straight back to the Ramseys.

JMO, of course.
    Bloomies underwear model:
    Bloomies model

My opinions, nothing more.

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to KoldKase For This Useful Post:

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    I don't agree with every single part of ST's theory, but one thing I am sure of- he had NO agenda. He simply wanted to solve this crime, and he followed the evidence all the way, no matter where it led. One of the fatal mistakes Smit made was he was unable to do the same because he wouldn't allow himself to think of the parents as suspects. Because they PRAYED with him- because they were Christians. If I were guilty, I'd pray too. Pray to get away with it. Pray that the truth NEVER came out. Lacy made the same mistake. As someone blindly pro-woman, she was incapable of considering Patsy as being responsible in any way. Smit and Lacy's behavior was unprofessional and inexcusable. They DID have an agenda- deflect all suspicion from the Rs no matter what evidence suggested. And as we saw with Lacy, try to pin the tail on the first donkey they could find.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

"FONT=Arial]There are exploratory holes drilled and poked in the wall (some already plastered along with plasterboard seams), exposed live electrical wires, and workmen’s writing on the wall (indicating 115-volt). Could it be that at the time this was filmed, they were already looking for a source of electrical burns? "

I found out what BBM means and I don't know how to do it, but last night I posted on Super Dave's thread of Clever or Lucky. I don't know if I can ( or how I could) put that post here again.

I saw electrical wires on the floor and one leads back to what I can see is a transformer for a model train. I looked online and found one that looks like it. Tadpole found the same one that I had. It's listed on Ebay as a Lionel type R Trainmaster Transformer. I've been reading on FFJ about the electrical deer fence at the Whites and Burke or JonBenet getting a mild shock from it. Could Burke put the wires to the train track and then to JonBenet face and back? Thinking it would be a mild shock like the fence at the Whites, but it was much more than what he expected?

I wonder if John played with trains as a young boy? That is a Trainmaster transformer from 1945- 1969. Did John spend any time playing with trains with JAR? Just wondering. Also in the photo of the desk? where there is a pink child purse and a rail car is a candlestick holder that holds several candles. Could that of been used for the head bash?

Where were John's golf clubs in the basement? Is that the storage room with the suitcase? Why use the suitcase when there is a small step stool and a child's chair close at hand?

There also of photo of what looks like a rectangle blue material that has what looked like strips of leather? and it had something circled in white. Could that be the thing next to the elephant drawing? What do you think it is?
    Last edited by ILikeToBendPages; 08-03-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: adding more thoughts.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ILikeToBendPages For This Useful Post:

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    "FONT=Arial]There are exploratory holes drilled and poked in the wall (some already plastered along with plasterboard seams), exposed live electrical wires, and workmenís writing on the wall (indicating 115-volt). Could it be that at the time this was filmed, they were already looking for a source of electrical burns? "

I found out what BBM means and I don't know how to do it, but last night I posted on Super Dave's thread of Clever or Lucky. I don't know if I can ( or how I could) put that post here again.

I saw electrical wires on the floor and one leads back to what I can see is a transformer for a model train. I looked online and found one that looks like it. Tadpole found the same one that I had. It's listed on Ebay as a Lionel type R Trainmaster Transformer. I've been reading on FFJ about the electrical deer fence at the Whites and Burke or JonBenet getting a mild shock from it. Could Burke put the wires to the train track and then to JonBenet face and back? Thinking it would be a mild shock like the fence at the Whites, but it was much more than what he expected?

I wonder if John played with trains as a young boy? That is a Trainmaster transformer from 1945- 1969. Did John spend any time playing with trains with JAR? Just wondering. Also in the photo of the desk? where there is a pink child purse and a rail car is a candlestick holder that holds several candles. Could that of been used for the head bash?

Where were John's golf clubs in the basement? Is that the storage room with the suitcase? Why use the suitcase when there is a small step stool and a child's chair close at hand?

There also of photo of what looks like a rectangle blue material that has what looked like strips of leather? and it had something circled in white. Could that be the thing next to the elephant drawing? What do you think it is?
    No, the exposed wiring was from previous work at the home, and electric burns from something like that would differ from those from a stun gun. JB was not electrocuted, which causes death in a way that the coroner would have discovered. She died from ligature strangulation and that head blow. Nothing in the autopsy point to anything else.
    JR's golf clubs can be seen in a crime photo right outside the wineceller door. There is another set against a wall that can be only partially seen. I am not sure whether they both were his.
    The suitcase was in what was called the "train room"= where the trains were set up. No one used that suitcase to climb on- and yes, there was a chair anyway. The ONLY one who started that crap with the suitcase being used to climb on was Lou Smit. Then, the RST ran with it.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeeDee249 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast