Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: *DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

I wonder if James Holmes could face federal charges for killing two soldiers.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

Eyewitness testimony is quite unreliable. Especially in a situation such as this.
    Just my opinion

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    An eyewitness said;

“From what we saw he wasn’t alone, he had somebody with him. A second can of tear gas came from the other side… what he was wearing was thick, so I think he would stand out in a crowd”.

James Holmes Possible Second Shooter in tragic Batman Denver Shooting Eyewitness Account - YouTube
    What's the news source of the video?
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

As far as the second person theory.....is it not possible he had a friend that opened the door for him? It is possible if that happened the friend had NO IDEA what happened would happen.

I personally don't think there was a second person. I think he was in that movie theater many times. He probably tried out that door many times. I can't see him NOT doing a test run beforehand

I wonder if they had cameras in the theater. I know our local one does. Actually both do and one is just a dollar theater.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rollinginit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post
    As far as the second person theory.....is it not possible he had a friend that opened the door for him? It is possible if that happened the friend had NO IDEA what happened would happen.

I personally don't think there was a second person. I think he was in that movie theater many times. He probably tried out that door many times. I can't see him NOT doing a test run beforehand

I wonder if they had cameras in the theater. I know our local one does. Actually both do and one is just a dollar theater.
    The guy is described as a loner.
    Doesn't appear that he even had close friends.
    Just my opinion

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

From what was being said last night. It sounded like the LE feels he acted alone.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    I

Since James Holmes' only spoken indication of his "dark side" was saying, "i am the joker" does anyone know exactly what the jokers MO is in this movie???
    I read this in the last thread, Ledger did not have red hair in that movie -- it was always GREEN or washed green/yellow.

From what I remember, the Joker in that movie was a ruthless robber.

Here is a good synopsis link:

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Joker_(Heath_Ledger)
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

yes we need a source for that youtube interview, please.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

President Obama heading to visit shooting victims, families (AP)
    ---
    In his weekly radio address, Obama called for prayer and reflection on the shooting rampage in Aurora, Colo., which claimed 12 lives. He urged Americans to embrace the families who lost loved ones in Aurora and to "let them know we will be there for them as a nation."
    ---
    more at the link
    We are, I know not how, double in ourselves, so that what we believe we disbelieve, and cannot rid ourselves of what we condemn. (Michel de Montaigne)

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Yeah, pretty sure that kid didn't realize that the shooter entered, exited and re-entered in his gear. That canister from the other direction is interesting but he's probably wrong there too.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Benny08 For This Useful Post:

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    I heard at least one guy say there was a second person (probably the one in the video above) but everyone else said the shooter was alone, especially the people who were sitting down in front near that door.

Although I believe one female said the bombs came from both sides, but she was sitting way up high in the theatre and could have just seen reflections from the events on the movie screen. I don't know. All other witnesses I've heard said "one person".

I'm also thinking they assumed the guy who went out the door wasn't the shooter, when in reality, it was.
    © My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    The guy is described as a loner.
    Doesn't appear that he even had close friends.
    That is what I understood too after watching hours of coverage today.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

24. The Following User Says Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Details on Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes
    http://www.insideedition.com/news/85...es-holmes.aspx

I know this is from Inside Edition, so I don't know how reliable they are. This caught my attention.

Criminal profiler Pat Brown says Holmes is evidently a psychopath and she wouldn't be surprised if he had long history of mental problems.

"Nobody can commit a mass murder like this unless he's a psychopath. This is not a normal person who snapped. He was not healthy psychologically up until this particular day. This is a person who has always had problems with other people," said Brown.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

I don't think anyone has mentioned seeing JH and his red hair before the film have they? Did anyone say they remember him from before the movie?

Not releasing the mugshot and covering his head while getting booked is disturbing me for some reason.

I feel that they would want the public to see that this disgrace is in the right spot; jail.
    "What the thinker thinks, the Prover proves". - Robert Anton Wilson

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sfbaynancydrew View Post
    I suddenly wish I knew the plot/story to the Dark Knight. I'm going to have to read about it.

Since James Holmes' only spoken indication of his "dark side" was saying, "i am the joker" does anyone know exactly what the jokers MO is in this movie??? Does he use explosives, create traps for LE, etc? I'm just wondering if this guy is emulating something and wondering if he hasn't rigged more surprises to come. I really know NOTHING about Batman and am regretting that now!

The Joker's motive was to create chaos, which he succeeds in doing to some extent. The apt quote is something along the lines of "Some men like to watch the world burn." He does use explosives (both successfully and unsuccessfully) and creates traps for LE in a more roundabout way. The Joker does not rig an apartment to blow but uses a cellphone bomb to escape from the jail while most of the police and Batman are trying to rescue two District Attorneys in separate locations rigged with oil (or kerosene or gasoline, do not remember if it was specified) drums.

One irony to keep in mind is that Batman's origin story is that he watched a mugger murder his parents by shooting them so he does not use guns. He is suppose to be more of a thinking superhero.

It is also not the Joker who is the Batman villain that has red hair - it is the Riddler but he has not appeared in any of the recent Batman movies, only in one of the ones in the 90s.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pinkwaterlily For This Useful Post:

Okay, found a number of research papers discussing MicroRNA (MiRNA aka micro ribonucleic acid) biomarkers and possible correlation to various psychiatric disorders, to include but not limited to schizophrenia, bipolar, and autism. These papers primarily address MicroRNA dysregulation.

Here ( link ) is a peer-reviewed paper that is freely accessible.

MiRNA appears to be quite closely tied to genetic research, which is one of the many reasons I was trying to find more. Esp considering that this guy not only rigged his apartment but didn't suicide and immediately clammed up after telling LE about his place. I admittedly came away wondering if he had much, much, more nefarious plans, such as some sort of bioweapon, up his sleeve. Or rather, in his apartment.

Being totally unfamiliar with this field, I remain at a loss. However, since there are so many incredibly bright folk here, am hoping someone can/will clarify whether (or not) this is even something to be concerned about.

ETA ~ there is also this customer review ( link ) which indicates he was playing around with binding "something" to neural stem cell substrates.
    Last edited by shadowraiths; 07-21-2012 at 09:54 PM.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shadowraiths For This Useful Post:

Here's another eyewitness statement.

Colorado mourns after theater shooting

http://www.9news.com/default.aspx

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone,

I have to say this is a fascinating case. I have never heard of someone shooting up a cinema / booby-trapping up his own place before. I have been watching the coverage here in the UK. I have a few questions ..

When James Holmes left the cinema to get his weapons, did he leave the fire door propped open?

How long did the shooting last?

Any ideas if he had been to that cinema before?

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Benji_UK For This Useful Post:

I don't know if this has been bought up.....by the org. " to write Love on her arms" says that in one of the tv interviews in front of the parents (shooters) home yesterday....that bumper sticker was on their car.....TWLOHA.

You can read their statement on their web site.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rollinginit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Benji_UK View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have to say this is truly a fascinating case. I have never heard of someone shooting up a cinema / booby-trapping up his own place before. I have been watching the coverage here in the UK. I have a few questions ..

When James Holmes left the cinema to get his weapons, did he leave the fire door propped open?

Yes he propped the door ajar.

Shooting lasted only a couple minutes.

He's probably been to that theater several times would be my guess. He'd probably at least driven around it a few times and I bet even watched movies and went out the back door to see what happens. But that's just a guess.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Benny08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    Not releasing the mugshot and covering his head while getting booked is disturbing me for some reason.

I feel that they would want the public to see that this disgrace is in the right spot; jail.
    It disturbs me too, I wonder why we are not allowed to see his face...
    England's dancing days are done...

43. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post

I am thinking he disfigured himself or someone helped tatoo him or something that LE must find out how/when etc.
    All other mass murderers that were captured always had mugshots released.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

45. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ggg View Post
    An eyewitness said;

“From what we saw he wasn’t alone, he had somebody with him. A second can of tear gas came from the other side… what he was wearing was thick, so I think he would stand out in a crowd”.

James Holmes Possible Second Shooter in tragic Batman Denver Shooting Eyewitness Account - YouTube
    I don't have an exact MSM link but I thought he bought a ticket, came into #9, went out fire door and proped it open so he could get back in. At which time, I thought he went to his car, dressed in full body armour, got his guns and came back in.
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorekeeper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Benji_UK View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have to say this is truly a fascinating case. I have never heard of someone shooting up a cinema / booby-trapping up his own place before. I have been watching the coverage here in the UK. I have a few questions ..

Witnesses said the shooting lasted only a short time, maybe one to two minutes, but it seemed like forever.

Obviously he been to the theatre before to know the lay of it, where to park his car, and how to get in and out of the door.

I haven't heard if he propped the door. I wouldn't think he did although he probably fixed it so it would close but not lock, which can be done by putting tape or taping cardboard or a slime credit card over the latch hole.

When people say he propped the door, do they mean he left it wide open? Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoe Bogart For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast