MD MD - Baltimore, BlkFem 50-70, UP899, scars, lacking pigmentation on forehead, Jan'05

Irish_Eyes

Reaction score
Black Female UID found in January 2005 in Baltimore, MD.

Found unresponsive on the sidewalk of a downtown Baltimore City street.

Hair black, eyes brown
5'5", 191 lbs

Scars on forehead, scar on left side of abdomen and lower right abdomen. Lacking pigmentation on forehead.

No teeth - all lost antemortem.

WARNING: POSTMORTEM PHOTO

I've been going back and forth on this for a while now. What do you guys think?

I'm wondering if Sadie Edney is a match to this UID. Sadie wandered away somewhere, possibly with assistance. There is a 12 + year gap, one of the things that gives me pause. If Sadie was 75 when she went missing, she would be about 87 by then.

Also the UID's weight is estimated at 50 lbs greater.

Here are the side-by-sides:

UID - "Lacking pigmentation on forehead"
Sadie's picture appears to show that as well.

Both have scars on their abdomen.

The UID's hair does not have as much white in it - could someone have helped her dye it? Wondering if she spent some time as an UID in state care if she had memory loss.

I see the positives here but frankly Sadie had cancer in May 1992 and she was already 75 y.o. She would have had to have survived another 13 years, without apparent access to healthcare, for the UID to be her and she would have been 88 years old.

while nothing is impossible, in my opinion I find this one to be outside the realm of possible matches.

I think it's an intriguing match. The age is weird. Looks like she was a runaway from the care facility; maybe she found some better treatment (and better food) elsewhere. Actually I don't think it's her as the Jane Doe seems much younger, but the features are so similar they could be related somehow. Here's the NAMUS link for Sadie Edney: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/507 I wonder if her daughters are all accounted for.

I think this could be Stephanie Wallace
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1016/96/

Age is slightly off but she went missing a week before the UID was found and she is only 2 hours away.

If you look very carefully at both pictures I think I see a mole (beauty spot) just below the hairline above her left eye (our right hand side looking at the pictures).

She also seems to have an 'extra eyebrow' (I don't know a better way to explain it - a bit more above the eyebrow than usual) on her left eye on both pictures too.

What do you think? Worth submitting?

DP

She looks pretty close. Height is right too. I'd submit.

I found an email address but it looks like it is for the entire Dept of Health and Mental Health of which the Medical Examiner's office is part of.

it is healthmd@dhmh.state.me.us

I've only called one in and am not overly comfortable getting on the phone. you might try the email and if you get no response maybe one of our other seasoned sleuths here can call it in.

good luck

Surely in two years if it were Stephanie, they would've made that match???

Also, clothing and belongings aren't listed. I'm pretty sure they didn't find her naked, so why not list the clothing she was wearing?

This woman strikes me as closer to the younger end of the age range. I wish there were more details...she was found unresponsive, from a drug overdose? Cardiac arrest? I tried searching through the Baltimore Sun for any articles on her and couldn't find anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back